Silver... Buy - Hold - Sell?

Old March 25th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Silver... Buy - Hold - Sell?

As we all know silver has really performed well these past few months.
And I know most of you guys have fiddled with coin silver and gold off
and on for a zillion years or more, and watched the metals market. I'm
just curious, do you guys think that these prices are going to hold due
to impending possible super inflation because of the war or should we
start unloading because demand will increase production in the near
future? Just curious what other peoples thoughts are. Personally, I'm a
little uncomfortable buying silver at these levels and I'm primarily a
bullion collector

Old March 25th 06, 06:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Lowell Kempton" wrote in message
As we all know silver has really performed well these past few months.
And I know most of you guys have fiddled with coin silver and gold off
and on for a zillion years or more, and watched the metals market. I'm
just curious, do you guys think that these prices are going to hold due
to impending possible super inflation because of the war or should we
start unloading because demand will increase production in the near
future? Just curious what other peoples thoughts are. Personally, I'm a
little uncomfortable buying silver at these levels and I'm primarily a
bullion collector

Not intending to sound sarcastic or cynical (but I probably will anyway),
why would anyone who knows the answer to that question share his knowledge
with anyone else, especially for free? I just love those radio commercials
touting investment in gold, based on some article in Forbes or some other
money mag that predicts it to go 1000+, then offering to sell me some at the
current price. If the "investment" company really believes that, why don't
they just hold on to all they have?

End of rant.

Mr. Jaggers

Old March 25th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Who knows....
But I'll tell you this. Each day for the past 3 weeks or so, we are selling
about 10-15% more silver and gold than what we are buying. Also silver is
of more interest than gold to both the buyers and sellers.

That's the raw data. Interpet it any way you wish.
Wes

Old March 25th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Lowell Kempton wrote:
As we all know silver has really performed well these past few months.
And I know most of you guys have fiddled with coin silver and gold off
and on for a zillion years or more, and watched the metals market. I'm
just curious, do you guys think that these prices are going to hold due
to impending possible super inflation because of the war or should we
start unloading because demand will increase production in the near
future? Just curious what other peoples thoughts are. Personally, I'm a
little uncomfortable buying silver at these levels and I'm primarily a
bullion collector

I can't predict the future. All I know is that we are selling a lot
more silver at the store than we are buying in over the counter.
Tom D.

Old March 25th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Down here in Central IL there is no public rush to buy physical silver.
I interpet this as a good sign, that we are still in an early stage of
a bull market. People here seem to be buying and selling the same
group of silver bars back and forth for the last twenty years.

oly

Old March 25th 06, 10:02 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Any Idea what price silver would have to reach befor the mining
companies would increase prodution?

Old March 25th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Silver is mostly a by-product in U.S.A. mining. I would think that
U.S. companies would be looking to mine more copper and zinc, but it
takes time, especially with our ever-interfering environmentalists
gumming up production.

Mexico and Perus have some straight-out silver mines, but they are
already producing as much as possible, both countries being in thrall
to the Western Bankers.

oly

Old March 26th 06, 03:28 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Any Idea what price silver would have to reach befor the mining
companies would increase prodution?

About 80% of silver production comes as a byproduct of copper, lead,
zinc, and gold mining, so those metal prices actually have more to do
with silver supply than silver pricer. There are many silver projects
in the pipeline, but it will be several years before they have serious
production. The biggest pending silver reserve/resource is the 2
billion ounces Barrick Gold has in its developing gold mines in South
America.

Best Regards, Bob Johnson

Directories
GOLDSHEET Mining http://www.goldsheetlinks.com
COINSHEET Numismatic http://www.coinsheetlinks.com
OILSHEET Energy http://www.oilsheetlinks.com
Old March 26th 06, 07:36 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Dear Mr. Jaggers
I'm not trying to sound sarcastic or cynical either but I'm pretty
confident in saying that this internet coin club, no matter what is said
here, could (in my wildest imagination) ever effect the international
price of silver ... don't you think? ) .

I don't own a coin store or am a bullion dealer. So I was just curious
what others are experiencing or their thoughts on this issue.

So far we have 2 store fronts that say that silver is selling like
hot-cakes. Then there is Poor Oly that has been buying and selling the
same silver bars for the last twenty years (laughed pretty hard at that
one) And then we have 2 billion ounces in the pipeline coming out of
South America.

Old March 26th 06, 06:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Think I'll just bury my Silver Bullion in the backyard...

Should develop some nice toning in a few years, then I can sell it for
double