Bible coin -- Marine removed from duty over Bible coin reports

Old June 16th 08, 08:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Leo Marx

Default Bible coin -- Marine removed from duty over Bible coin reports

Cindi LaFontaine wrote:

Your ignorant superstitions have no place in the modern world.

Do you understand that your "scripture" was written by bronze age MEN?
MEN that had limited knowledge of the world around them and even less
knowledge of the universe. Ignorant MEN.

Why do you think that jewish, christian and muslim texts are so negative
about women and have many more restriction on women than men? It's
because they were written by MEN.

If God listened to the prayers of men, all men would quickly have
perished: for they are forever praying for evil against one another.
Epicurus

"If a man would follow today, the teachings of the Old Testament, he
would be a criminal. If he would follow strictly, the teachings of the
new, he would be insane."
Robert Ingersoll

The divinity of Jesus is made a convenient cover for absurdity. -
John Adams

This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion
in it. -
John Adams

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are
so unlike your Christ. -
Mahatma Gandhi

"Secular schools can never be tolerated because
such a school has no religious instruction and
a general moral instruction without a religious
foundation is built on air; consequently, all
character training and religion must be derived
from faith.... We need believing people."

[Adolf Hitler, April 26, 1933]

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the
entrails of the last priest"

Denis Diderot
Old June 16th 08, 08:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Leo Marx

Cindi LaFontaine wrote:

This is a lie...our coins say in God we Trust and even the surpreme court
starts each day with a prayer. If religion is not allowed in the military
why do they have chaplins?

You tell me.

“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or
prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of
speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to
assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

How could it happen? The first line of the first amendment say you are
wrong.

http://www.atheists.org/public.square/coins.html

JAM
Old June 16th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Leo Marx" wrote in message

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are
so unlike your Christ. -
Mahatma Gandhi

I like all your quotes, but this one by Gandhi comes closest to my
worldview.

James

Old June 16th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Leo Marx

"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

"Leo Marx" wrote in message

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are
so unlike your Christ. -
Mahatma Gandhi

I like all your quotes, but this one by Gandhi comes closest to my
worldview.

James

Jesus taught love, tolerance and forgiveness.

Christians in the US make my head hurt when they preach nothing but
hate, intolerance and damnation.

JAM
Old June 16th 08, 11:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Jim Higgins

Leo Marx wrote:
"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:
"Leo Marx" wrote in message

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are
so unlike your Christ. -
Mahatma Gandhi

I like all your quotes, but this one by Gandhi comes closest to my
worldview.

James

Jesus taught love, tolerance and forgiveness.

Christians in the US make my head hurt when they preach nothing but
hate, intolerance and damnation.

JAM

There are none so blind as-you.

--
Civis Romanus Sum
Old June 16th 08, 11:48 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

"Leo Marx" wrote in message
"Mr. Jaggers" wrote:

"Leo Marx" wrote in message

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are
so unlike your Christ. -
Mahatma Gandhi

I like all your quotes, but this one by Gandhi comes closest to my
worldview.

James

Jesus taught love, tolerance and forgiveness.

That simple sentence is not just the most important tenet of Christianity,
it is the only important tenet of Christianity. Everything else is
politics, with all the evils that nasty word implies.

Christians in the US make my head hurt when they preach nothing but
hate, intolerance and damnation.

Certainly not all Christians, nor even a majority of them, engage in those
practices. The offenders comprise a relatively small group who feel
entitlement (imagine that!) and who are given face time in the media way out
of proportion to their numbers and importance. Others forget their first
century origins, a time when the nascent Christian faith was shared in small
caucus, often via one-on-one. In my view, salvation is virtually
meaningless when it takes place in a corporate or mass media setting.

James

Old June 16th 08, 11:53 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
[email protected]

Cindi, I had a dream sent from God last night. He said if you emailed
me some self nudie pics, I would be saved.
Old June 17th 08, 12:17 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Honus[_3_]

wrote in message
On Jun 16, 6:59 am, "Cindi LaFontaine" wrote:

Cindi, I had a dream sent from God last night. He said if you emailed
me some self nudie pics, I would be saved.

Saved from the sin of lustful masturbation, no doubt.

Old June 17th 08, 01:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
James Slaughter

"Brian Oakley" wrote in message

Maybe not, but it could very well be argued that he is being prohibited
from exercising his faith. The Bible teaches to go into all the world and
make diciples. Before some half educated Bible "scholar" says that it
also tells us to obey those in authority over us, you need to realize that
when mans authority and Gods authority conflict, we are to always obey
Gods authority. I think Peter said that somewhere in Acts. So, a GOOD
argument could be made for religious discrimination here.

Brian, also remember THE GREAT COMMISSION:

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, "All authority has been given to
Me in
heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations,
baptizing
them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
teaching them
to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you
always, even
to the end of the age." Amen. (Matthew 28:18-20)

This is a DIRECT COMMAND FROM JESUS! . If Christians do not believe this
command,
total faith and obedience to OUR LORD does not exist. Jesus is very clear
about His authority in
the world -- it is complete and total from the beginning of time itself
(John 1:1-3)

In HIS HOLY NAME,

Dr. James Slaughter, Adjunct Professor
Criswell College, Dallas, Texas
www.criswell.edu
Listen to our 100,000 watt radio station on 90.9 FM in Texas

or online at www.kcbi.org

Say, Jim...I was wondering if you could tell us why you no longer use this:

----
Rev. James Slaughter
www.criswell.edu
www.kcbi.org/
www.jewwatch.com

as your sig file, as a simple search will show you have in the past. Is it
because of that last link...you know, the one that leads to that
anti-Semitic, Holocaust denying site? And while we're discussing web pages,
is this one yours?

http://www.shoutlife.com/profile_view.cfm?uid=50173

If it is, I see some commonalities between your web-authoring skills and
your critical thinking skills. I've noticed that you made a post last year
about "Jewish Leaders in the Homosexual Movement", in alt.radio.broadcasting
(http://tinyurl.com/4evfmm) so all of this is starting to tie
together...searches for information about you keep popping up the same sets
of name, not that I believe in guilt by association...but Frank Provasek,
Gary Dorman, bobandcarole, Brian Oakley, savedgirl. Seems odd to me. (Except
for the OT postings, which are to be expected...after all, you have a
mandate from Jesus to force yourselves on other people.) I also noted that
someone else made that exact same gay-bashing post a few years before you
plaigerized it. http://tinyurl.com/4s67q5 . Shame on you, unless you had
permission...or post under different names. (To get past kill-files?) If so,
again, shame on you. At least you layed off of the Catholics for a while;
I'm sure they appreciate that. You remember those posts...like when you said
"Use of a rosary to "pray" to the "Mother of God" is an unspeakable
blasphemy
against Jesus and our Heavenly Father, and the Holy Spirit."
http://tinyurl.com/52t78p That's marginally better than that time you said
that the Catholic Church was the Whore of Babylon. (Someone a few years back
compiled a list of some quotes of yours that they found to be...interesting.
http://tinyurl.com/4bo86n) You've raised a bit of a stink the last few days
in various corners of Usenet, and from what I've read, some people are
taking the initiative to call the college that you claim to be associated
with since you're not listed anywhere at that site, and try to find out the
real scoop. (Perhaps the "Adjunct" title explains that.) I'll be interested
to see if you're legit, or just another liar for Jesus.

What say you?

P.S. Hey...love that Christian walk you've got goin' on there, Brother!
Credibility is -everything-.

WWJD?

Coins of the Bible Jump Master[_2_] Coins 8 January 4th 08 02:39 AM
Value of old German Bible drhender Books 3 May 23rd 06 04:23 PM
Antique Bible chattykathy Books 2 October 27th 05 03:55 AM
1543 Bible Dick Stephens Books 1 July 28th 03 05:43 PM