OT - computer problem for a real guru

Old August 22nd 09, 02:34 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Ralphael1

Default OT - computer problem for a real guru

On Aug 21, 8:35*pm, "rodney" pookiethai@NOSPAM iprimus.com.au wrote:
Of course he can Ralph.
Just have dialogue via his email.
However, if money is tight, tie him down to a price
before you do anything.
There is nothing worse than "nasty surprises" after work is completed.
If in doubt, cancel.
Do I not recall you had a decent fellow help you before, locally?
Then there is Tracy Barber perhaps.
HTH

"Ralphael1"
All well and good Rodney. I see he is in Australia, can he do USA???
The phone call to him would be a bit dear.

Ralph

Yep, local guru is pretty good but has no knowledge of the Windows
32.exe.
Staples failed to get rid of it with their registry clean program.
I just thought someone else had encountered the problem.

Ralph
Old August 22nd 09, 06:04 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Frank Daems

"Pierre COURTIADE" wrote in message
Frank Daems wrote :

I am now running 2 antivirus programs (McAfee and SpyHunter) and am
occasionally also running Eset just to be sure (as it turns out one
seems to need multiple software 'to be sure no threats are
overlooked').

Hello Frank,

I am deeply surprised that nobody yet reacted to "I am now running 2
antivirus programs".
I don't know specially McAfee and SpyHunter, but if they are both *real*
antivirus programs, this is *very* dangerous and could ruin your
computer.
Antivirus programs are very complex and may have contradictory and
harmful behaviours facing a given same threat (a virus).
But may be SpyHunter, with such a name, is just an anti-spyware and
*not* an anti-virus ?
In that case it can work perfectly well with an anti-virus like McAfee
;-)

I do not know either Eset. But if it is as you say an online scanner, it
can live perfectly well with any resident anti-virus.

OTH

--
Kind regards,

Pierre Courtiade
courtiade at free dot fr

Hi Pierre,

Correct ... SpyHunter is a spy/malware detection software, not a real
'complete' anti-virus.
Eset online scanner will give a warning at start if it notices another
anti-virus software on the PC (telling that performance might be lower
because of the other), but it does work properly.

Regards

Frank Daems
Belgium

Old August 22nd 09, 08:08 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Pierre Courtiade

Frank Daems wrote :

Hi Pierre,

Correct ... SpyHunter is a spy/malware detection software, not a real
'complete' anti-virus.
Eset online scanner will give a warning at start if it notices another
anti-virus software on the PC (telling that performance might be lower
because of the other), but it does work properly.

Regards

Hi Frank,

Happy you knew that already.
Thanks for you opinion on Eset ; the few times I had to perform an
online scan, I used SecuserOnline which is renowned here in France :
http://www.secuser.com/outils/antivirus.htm

But I have not found an English version of it.

--
Cordialement,

Pierre Courtiade

Pour me répondre en "perso" remplacer libre par free