Silver... Buy - Hold - Sell?

Old March 26th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default Silver... Buy - Hold - Sell?

Look at the most recent Western & Eastern Treasures Magazine (their
Annual Best Finds Issue) and you will see an article about an old miser
(fairly recently deceased) who did just that! Silver minor coins,
silver dollars and silver rounds - buckets full!

oly

Old March 26th 06, 09:32 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

BUY. It is historically cheap, stockpiles have dwindled, Asia loves the
stuff. I have never been bullish on metals before, but I am on silver now
and I suggest you BUY BUY BUY. If it does not reach more than $20 per
ounce within the next 12 months I will give some silver coins away to this
NG.

--Keith

Old March 27th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

BBQ n BLUES wrote:

Think I'll just bury my Silver Bullion in the backyard...

Should develop some nice toning in a few years, then I can sell it for
double

I am enjoying the best of both worlds. ;-) I have all that silver I've
purchased/collected/found in change over the last five years, plus I
just ordered a Proof SAE from the mint, AND i sold ten share of silver
pool at kitco for 10.23 last week...so my answer is...YES!

Alan
'held, bought AND sold!'
Old March 27th 06, 02:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Steve...has tiger firmly by tail wrote:
Any Idea what price silver would have to reach befor the mining
companies would increase prodution?

The price they need is less than current market rate. World demand is
NOW. Increasing production is over there somewhere.

Bear in mind that in a market where demand is rising, the product is
worth more to the producers IN the ground than it is above it....until
at least such times as the demand has risen to the point where it would
be most profitable to mine/ refine. Opinion on exactly what that figure
is varies.

Even when (and if) production increases, there is no reason for
producers to match demand. After all, it is in their interests to see
prices rise.

Warning: My opinion plus $1 may or may not be sufficient to purchase a
cup of coffee at `Greasy Pete's' depending on the market for same at any
given moment in time.

Old March 27th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Ian" wrote in message

Warning: My opinion plus $1 may or may not be sufficient to purchase a cup
of coffee at `Greasy Pete's' depending on the market for same at any given
moment in time.

I'm with you Ian!

Patrick (full sprint toward the cliff)

Old March 27th 06, 06:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Keith.
You sound a little bit like this guy... http://tinyurl.com/n8fou

Old March 27th 06, 11:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Howard Ruff has been around forever. He is not a great market
forecaster (as a subscriber in the early 1980s, I can firmly tell you
he is a legend in his own mind). In many instances, Ruff is actually a
good contrarian sign - do the opposite of what he says & you will
probably make money (but IMHO not in this case, Silver looks very
strong).

Ruff has a great deal going now - in the early 1980s he had to spend
money on printing **** to send to his subscribers - now it appears to
be on-line only.

oly

Old March 31st 06, 03:37 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"Alan Williams" wrote

AND i sold ten share of silver
pool at kitco for 10.23 last week...so my answer is...YES!

Alan
'held, bought AND sold!'

You.....SOLD something???!!!!

John

Old March 31st 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

John Carney wrote:

"Alan Williams" wrote

AND i sold ten share of silver
pool at kitco for 10.23 last week...so my answer is...YES!

Alan
'held, bought AND sold!'

You.....SOLD something???!!!!

John

I know...amazing isn't it!! ;-) Ten shares of a silver pool. Took my
profit and ran...on the other hand, I have about $100 face in 'junk'
silver, which I probably won't part with until spot goes over $30. ;-)

Alan
'see spot run'