IMDB photo problem

Old May 3rd 04, 05:11 PM
dahoov2

Default IMDB photo problem

What's going on with a lot of the photos there? Does anyone know what
they are doing and how to go around it? I can't copy the photos
anymore. Many of them are coming out as 1x1 pixels... and you can't
copy the page or even use print screen....

Does anyone know why they are doing this and the best way to get
around it?

Thanks

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com
Old May 3rd 04, 07:28 PM
Keith A. Jakubowski

dahoov2 wrote:

What's going on with a lot of the photos there? Does anyone know what
they are doing and how to go around it? I can't copy the photos
anymore. Many of them are coming out as 1x1 pixels... and you can't
copy the page or even use print screen....

Does anyone know why they are doing this and the best way to get
around it?

Thanks

I was able to do a printscreen on it and it was fine. However, if that
is not working for you, you will have to do the following:

Open up the source HTML

Find mptv1.gif

Now, scroll back to the left and you will find a URL similar to:

background="http://i.imdb.com/Photos/Ss/0338526/2299-D5-18.jpg"

Copy that http statement out and paste it into your browser. That
should bring up the photo you want.

Keith
http://autographs.keithjakubowski.net
http://photos.keithjakubowski.net
Old May 3rd 04, 09:22 PM
dahoov2

Thanks Keith, I'm gonna try that tonight...

Old May 3rd 04, 10:07 PM
dahoov2

Hey Keith, tried it and it worked great. Thanks! Hardest part was
finding the right gif but knew what was around it, so only took me two
tries...

Old May 3rd 04, 10:39 PM
Gummby3

I just checked it out and the photos were coming up normal sizes to
download. Maybe a fluke?

--

Mike
Gummby3

~~ Star Collector ~~
http://www.star-collector.net
Autograph Authentication Guide
http://www.star-collector.net/authenticationguide.htm

"dahoov2" wrote in message
What's going on with a lot of the photos there? Does anyone know what
they are doing and how to go around it? I can't copy the photos
anymore. Many of them are coming out as 1x1 pixels... and you can't
copy the page or even use print screen....

Does anyone know why they are doing this and the best way to get
around it?

Thanks

www.starwarsautographcollecting.com
http://dahoov2.topcities.com

---

Old May 3rd 04, 11:34 PM
dahoov2

Some do and some don't. anything that says mptv1.gif when you right
click and do SAVE AS will be those 1x1 pixel images. I don't know how
that is done, but it's pretty ingenious way to get someone not to try
and capture them.

Old May 3rd 04, 11:41 PM
Robert de Ridder

From what I gather from Keith's answer, the picture is displayed as a
background. Low tech, but effective.
Personally I'd go with the printscreen option, much faster.

"dahoov2" schreef in bericht

Old May 4th 04, 03:43 AM
Bcoton

Its for copyright protection. In other words, they don't want people copying
their product onto another file whatever. I know some other celeb photos do
that too ie when you click to copy it says you can't its protected.

MPTV, I believe, sells the photos to newsoutlets so that may explain why they
are not protecting them? Yours isn't the first complaint I've heard but I'm
going to bet that the restrictions will get tougher so that Keith's excellent
suggestions won't work. JMHO on the way the wind is blowing....
Old May 5th 04, 05:23 AM
Clake13

I had the same issues until i joined imdbpro, apprentaly you can only save
photos from the pay side at imdb pro now.
maybe they will change it.
Old May 5th 04, 05:11 PM
Bcoton

Didn't realize that w/imbd pro but it makes sense. Thanks for sharing!