First Berlin overprints?

Old September 9th 10, 03:44 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Wolf

Default First Berlin overprints?

I have been putting together a collection of the first red and black
Berlin overprints (not the Russian) and have run into some
questionable copies. Anyone interested in an making an opinion? Any
links to references is appreciated. The one on the left, I suspect to
be genuine, on the right, not so. Reasons...1) not the same size
(smaller of the 2, suspect). 2) the center post of the "E" is
wrong. 3) the tail of the "R" does not meet the circle correctly.
Any opinions?

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/berlin002.jpg
http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/berlin003.jpg
http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/berlin004.jpg

Thanks! Wolf-==-
Old September 9th 10, 11:41 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
rein

Wolf,

The right one amkes the impression of being printed in typography..., the
left one seems to be directed precisely between the parts of the
postmark! Or the other way around

groetjes, Rein

http://www.opera.com/mail/
Old September 9th 10, 05:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Buder

Am 09.09.2010 12:41, schrieb rein:
[...]

Fakes, both of them. The overprint is above the cancel.

Peter

Old September 30th 10, 07:30 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Tony Clayton[_2_]

:

I have been putting together a collection of the first red and black
Berlin overprints (not the Russian) and have run into some
questionable copies. Anyone interested in an making an opinion? Any
links to references is appreciated. The one on the left, I suspect
to be genuine, on the right, not so. Reasons...1) not the same size
(smaller of the 2, suspect). 2) the center post of the "E" is
wrong. 3) the tail of the "R" does not meet the circle correctly.
Any opinions?

http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/berlin002.jpg
http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/berlin003.jpg
http://www.southslope.net/~paradimes/berlin004.jpg

Thanks! Wolf-==-

Fakes, both of them. The overprint is above the cancel.

Sadly none of the links seem to be working...

Peter

Tony Clayton

Berlin cancel 12-12-12-12-12 rodney General Discussion 2 December 30th 09 04:14 PM
FA: Berlin Overprints 9N1-9N20 Registered Covers TL Marketplace 0 January 19th 07 04:13 AM
Howard M Berlin A.E. Gelat Coins 1 May 5th 05 01:50 AM
Howard M Berlin A.E. Gelat Paper Money 1 May 5th 05 01:50 AM
"notopfer" berlin, what is it? SEKT General Discussion 2 April 21st 05 12:42 AM