Print Error on Back_Reply

Old March 29th 10, 02:31 AM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
phantomm_1

Default Print Error on Back_Reply

Greetings,

I appreciate the info,

I'm not suprised that some jump out of there skin to
tell me that it's not worth anything.

I never asked for what you thought it was worth.

I only asked if it was a error.

I already know that no matter what I put up here, there
are those who will say it's worth nothing.
I'm really glad that people like you are so interested.
Please continue to degrade me at ever chance you get.

Old March 29th 10, 03:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Buder

Default [META] On degrading. Was: Print Error on Back_Reply

Am 29.03.2010 10:57, schrieb Victor Manta:
"phantomm_1" wrote in message
Greetings,

I appreciate the info,

I'm not suprised that some jump out of there skin to
tell me that it's not worth anything.

I never asked for what you thought it was worth.

I only asked if it was a error.

I already know that no matter what I put up here, there
are those who will say it's worth nothing.
I'm really glad that people like you are so interested.
Please continue to degrade me at ever chance you get.

I have read the 18 comments pertaining to the thread "Print Error on Back"
and I couldn't find in them something offensive or inappropriate. On the
contrary, they were rather interesting and entertaining.

Generally speaking, on a NG one should not necessarily expect that a
question will be answered in a way or another. When we see a stamp, we are
free to say anything we think about it. In the case that some "degrade" a
stamp, this doesn't means that they degrade the posting person.

Keep in mind that RCSD is about stamps and their collecting, and not about
posters.

What answer did you expect to get? A simple "no", would have answered
the question, but not very satisfactory.
Btw, I'm pretty shure, you knew the answer, before asking.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!
Old March 29th 10, 08:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Victor Manta

"phantomm_1" wrote in message
[...]

Peter,

I don't think that you speak to me, nicht wahr?

Victor

Old March 29th 10, 09:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
jerry

Hi,

In the few years that I have been reading this group, and posting, I
have never read anything that could be construed as stamp collector
'bashing' or degrading a poster. True, there have been times when a
'handslap' was given for posting stamps or other material for sale ( I
was once guilty) but not really bashing the poster, just a friendly
reminder.

The name of this group is Rec.Collecting.Stamps.DISCUSS with the
emphasis on Discuss. Any time you ask a question expect discussion
and what you may think is irrelevant information. Nine out of ten
times you will not get a simple yes or no (sometimes a little humor).
We learn from information provided by others.

My collecting area is so specialized that when I read a post in my
area it is cause for celebration. However, I do read all the posts and
in so doing I have learned a great deal outside my baliwick.

From what I have read, in depth answers were given to your question
and also an opinion. The opinion that it is not worth anything comes
from people who know and is just that, a statement or opinion. Nobody
is degrading anyone.

Jerry B
Old March 29th 10, 11:26 PM posted to rec.collecting.stamps.discuss
Peter Buder

"phantomm_1" wrote in message
[...]

Nope, to him who complained.

Peter

--
No Gates - no Bill!

Print Error on Back phantomm_1 General Discussion 19 April 2nd 10 10:01 AM
Error Coin Experts - Question About Error Coin dmzcompute Coins 17 September 17th 05 06:23 PM
FA:2003 *ERROR* SILVER PROOF SET-ERROR ON COA, + Fading 3 MS Coins 0 June 11th 05 12:57 AM
Wisconsin error error Xray Coins 5 February 12th 05 10:23 PM
Antique sterling napkin rings, silver fruit bowl, set of 12 coffee spoons, Buzza print, Edgar A. Guest print , c.1931, and more....................... Danny Ross General 0 July 16th 03 11:34 PM