Can you help me identify this please!!!

Old September 1st 05, 08:19 PM
Colin G.

Default Can you help me identify this please!!!

Has anyone got any ideas as to what this coin/medallion is? I found it in a
collection I purchased, but seem to be having some difficulty identifying
it. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.saddler.pwp.blueyonder.co...s/IMGP8416.JPG

http://www.saddler.pwp.blueyonder.co...s/IMGP8418.JPG

Many Thanks
Colin G.

Old September 1st 05, 08:25 PM
James Higby

"Colin G." wrote in message
.. .
Has anyone got any ideas as to what this coin/medallion is? I found it in
collection I purchased, but seem to be having some difficulty identifying
it. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.saddler.pwp.blueyonder.co...s/IMGP8416.JPG

http://www.saddler.pwp.blueyonder.co...s/IMGP8418.JPG

Many Thanks
Colin G.

This is a modern fantasy piece, typical of hundreds of designs similar to
original Chinese coins. That is why it is not in the catalogs.

James

Old September 1st 05, 08:26 PM
stonej

I think that is Sun Yet-sen (sp?) A Chinese
political figure from the early 20th century.
(at least it looks like him).

It is probably a commemorative medal.

Old September 1st 05, 08:38 PM
Colin G.

Whoever he is, he is a happy looking chap!!!

Thanks for the info!!

Colin G.

Old September 1st 05, 08:39 PM
stonej

On second thought I think it is Chiang Kai-shek,
ruler of Taiwan for many years after being driven
out of China by the Communists in 1949.

Check out this picture, not a close up but I think
it matches the coin/medal.

http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asi...hoto210797.htm

Old September 1st 05, 08:41 PM
stonej

Kind of slow in loading.

Old September 3rd 05, 06:21 PM
winwin

This appears to be a coin depicting Sun Yat-sen, listed as KM-609. If
it is real, it is worth several hundred dollars.

Regards,
Tom

Old September 3rd 05, 07:20 PM
James Higby

"winwin" wrote in message
oups.com...
This appears to be a coin depicting Sun Yat-sen, listed as KM-609. If
it is real, it is worth several hundred dollars.

Regards,
Tom

Tom, on what page did you find KM-609?

James

Old September 3rd 05, 08:14 PM
Honus

"winwin" wrote in message
oups.com...
This appears to be a coin depicting Sun Yat-sen, listed as KM-609. If
it is real, it is worth several hundred dollars.

In my 2004 KM, it's on page number 400, in the upper right hand corner.
That's in the "China, Republic of" section.

Old September 3rd 05, 08:20 PM
Honus

"Honus" wrote in message

"winwin" wrote in message
oups.com...
This appears to be a coin depicting Sun Yat-sen, listed as KM-609. If
it is real, it is worth several hundred dollars.

In my 2004 KM, it's on page number 400, in the upper right hand corner.
That's in the "China, Republic of" section.

There's a picture of a counterfeit he

http://www.charm.ru/library/tailandset.htm

You might get enough info there to help you search elsewhere.

Can anyone identify this coin? Scott Coutts Coins 12 March 27th 05 03:26 PM
Help to Identify George D Coins 2 September 28th 04 03:34 AM
How many collectors does it take to identify a stamp Everett General Discussion 3 August 7th 04 06:26 PM
Unknown coin - can you help identify it? jon d'souza^eva Coins 8 July 10th 04 06:42 AM
SUCCESSES: 12/12/03 & HELP IDENTIFY Celebrity Direct Entertainment - Cord G. Coslor Autographs 2 December 15th 03 06:34 AM