The joys of numismatic research

Old March 21st 04, 09:39 AM
Alan & Erin Williams

Reid Goldsborough wrote:

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 14:41:45 +0000, "note.boy"
wrote:

Too sharp for me it seems. Billy

The two of them seem so intent on proving they're sharper than other
people that they lose the purpose of all this -- communication. This
is all, in its way, an interesting subject, and it goes beyond the
sarcasm and other nonsense going on here right now. There's a lot of
this in academia too, with academics publishing not to further
knowledge but to keep their jobs and show off how intelligent they
think they are. This involves not only the subject matter but also the
way they write, with some thinking that the more abstruse they are,
the more intelligent they look.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Coin Collecting: Consumer Protection Guide:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Glomming: Coin Connoisseurship: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Bogos: Counterfeit Coins: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos

From: Jack Mingo
Subject: Revisionist history and the Viragos: setting things straight
Date: 1998/11/16
Newsgroups: misc.writing

Reid Goldsborough wrote:

On Mon, 16 Nov 1998 07:52:50 -0800, (Erin Barrett)
wrote:

Bull****.

You were dry humping women in this group and people began to ask you

You're way out of control here. "Dry humping women"?

Unless, of course, you have the special sex-hardware and LubriCom
plug-in for
your browser. Not that I'd be surprised, of course: I've gotten the impression
that your main purpose here seems to be trying to simulate sex and aggression,
Reid, which seem linked very closely in your mind what with all your
rhapsodies about wanting to find women who will "submit" to you. But that's
not a professional opinion, just an observation, please don't take it as a
reason to seek thearpy or anything.

Is Jody still reading, by the way? What in the world does she have to
say about the topics you choose to discuss and the ways in which you
discuss them? Does she think your name-calling is funny? Is this a
behavior you use in all aspects of your life?

This is way beyond the pale. Don't see how unethical it is to barge
into someone else's private life, to bring into this discussion total
innocents who have nothing to do with this and want nothing to do with
this?

Jody is your wife or girlfriend, I trust? Most of us have volunteered
and know
the names of each other's spouses and sig-o's here. Didn't you already
tell us
that you have a kid or kids? What's the problem? Are you trying to give the
impression that you're not involved with someone? Why would you do that--not
something similar to going to a bar and taking off your wedding band, I hope?

I quote your words here as simple retaliation. What you're doing is
wrong. It's unethical. And it's a lie by suggestion. I've never called
anybody here a bitch, and I've never called my wife a bitch. What's
more, what I say or do with my wife is none of your business, and
should be none of this newsgroup's business.

Oh, chill out Reid. Erin was just attempting humor. What, you didn't
think it
was funny? I did. Hmm, maybe that just goes to show....

This is evil.

Jack (something wicked this way comes) Mingo
Old March 21st 04, 12:06 PM
note.boy

I have to struggle along with only 2.5 litres :-(

but I get 29 mpg :-) 33 on longer runs :-) :-) Billy

Ian wrote:

note.boy wrote:

Is your jag-war white?

Moss Green

Do you have shares in a petrol company?

Are you really asking if I have to make a call to Grangemouth to have
the petrol bowser strategically located for the mid journey refuelling?
if so the answer is yes. Otherwise, sadly, I do not have any shares in
BP etc.

MPG? 15?

strangely enough, 18 - 20

4 litre engine?

a step up from that (5.6) . Vrrrrroooooom! Then she purrs playfully,
before setting off like proverbial sh-t off a shovel!

IM

Billy

Ian wrote:

Michael E. Marotta wrote:

Ian wrote

I wonder what MAG BRIT could possibly mean?

The wheels on a Shelby?

Hmmm... nice cars but unless I have a sudden windfall, i'll have to
stick with my jag-war XJS V12

...the wheels on my jag go round and round. Round and round. Round and
round......

Sadly however (as would already appear to be your ken), the MAG BRIT I
had in mind appears on the legend of the coin which forms the basis of
this joyous thread.

Now then, does that count in the category of `having a clue'; `giving a
clue'.... or both?

Ahhh...so many questions, and not enough answers!

IM

Old March 21st 04, 12:08 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

"note.boy" wrote:

James VI of Scotland and James I of England is the one guy.

I have been doing some research and have discovered that England and
Scotland, even though they are two different nations, are found on the
same island and often have the same ruler! Bibles are found in both
countries, also.

Alan
'isn't history fascinating'
Old March 21st 04, 12:32 PM
Ankaaz

Alan wrote:

"I have been doing some research and have discovered that England and Scotland,
even though they are two different nations, are found on the same island and
often have the same ruler! Bibles are found in both countries, also."

Cool!

How about an article on this fascinating subject?

Anka ---- g
Old March 21st 04, 12:46 PM
A.Gent

"Ankaaz" wrote in message
Alan wrote:

"I have been doing some research and have discovered that England and Scotland,
even though they are two different nations, are found on the same island and
often have the same ruler! Bibles are found in both countries, also."

Cool!

How about an article on this fascinating subject?

Anka ---- g

Look - I'll even get you started:

" What follows is a distillation of many people's opinions and
observations, including my own. Additions and corrections are
welcomed. This document is copyrighted -- please don't republish
elsewhere. HMTL version available he http://mendosus.com/clueless.html "

Don't forget to add that really confusing bit about England and Australia being
different countries, and all, but still having the same queen. I mean, what the idea
there?

....and don't get me started on Ireland...

--
Jeff

Old March 21st 04, 12:48 PM
Alan & Erin Williams

Ankaaz wrote:

Alan wrote:

"I have been doing some research and have discovered that England and Scotland,
even though they are two different nations, are found on the same island and
often have the same ruler! Bibles are found in both countries, also."

Cool!

How about an article on this fascinating subject?

Anka ---- g

It gets better! Apparently, though this is a gray area, both Scotland
and England have used coins in commerce! I'm going to check into this
thoroughly and then proclaim myself an authority.

Alan
'this post is copyrighted'
Old March 21st 04, 01:12 PM
Ankaaz

Jeff wrote:

"Don't forget to add that really confusing bit about England and Australia
being different countries...."

Well, at least we're talking AUSTRALIA here and not AUSTRIA. I've been
accused...uh...sorry...I mean...mistaken for an Australian more than a few
times!

Anka ---- not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)

Old March 21st 04, 01:18 PM
A.Gent

"Ankaaz" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

"Don't forget to add that really confusing bit about England and Australia
being different countries...."

Well, at least we're talking AUSTRALIA here and not AUSTRIA. I've been
accused...uh...sorry...I mean...mistaken for an Australian more than a few
times!

Anka ---- not that there's anything wrong with that ;-)

I'll say!
You must have an extraordinarily sophisticated demeanour.

Jeff
(never been mistaken for an Austrian)

Old March 21st 04, 01:34 PM
Ankaaz

Jeff wrote:

"You must have an extraordinarily sophisticated demeanour."

Hell, yeah.

Anka

Old March 21st 04, 01:39 PM
A.Gent

"Ankaaz" wrote in message
Jeff wrote:

"You must have an extraordinarily sophisticated demeanour."

Hell, yeah.

Anka

No no no
You mean: "bloody oath!"
Get it right!

...and on that note - I'm off to saw logs.
Its 00.38 Sydney time. ya-a-a-a-wn

Jeff