Sue....

Old March 23rd 08, 03:49 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

Default Sue....

The Anthony Michael Hall matches dead-on to my in-person signature
stroke by stroke. I can't say one way or another with the other
two.

--

Mike
Gummby3

"barefoot" wrote in message

http://pages.stricklersports.com/898...921927967.html
http://pages.stricklersports.com/898...922712376.html
http://pages.stricklersports.com/898...922729722.html

here's the best!!!!
look at the A in all of these celebrities autographs...
these are all 3 different people but magically it's all the same
handwriting...
AND ONE OF THEM IS A MAN!

Old March 23rd 08, 04:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
medieval

Well, we can banter this argument forever but you want to act like you
forget the incident. Frankly, it's hard to forget when you get a cold
call from someone you don't know who wants to sell you a package of signed
photos. You emailed a list after I tried to brush you off (I thought you
had gotten the message on the phone...but you didn't). Then this
'package' you offer has a ton of 'D' list actors in multiples that no
dealer with any sense would consider. Then I get a call back from you
wanting to know when I'm sending a PayPal payment. I told you I wasn't
interested, you got upset and start giving me the sob story. Then that
evening you IM me on AOL and say that you couldn't sell to me anyway
because I not to be trusted.

You are right about one thing though...I NEVER HAVE BOUGHT FROM YOU!

I think most people can easily recognize a pattern with you and why you
can't seem to maintain a steady clientele.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutcollecting.com/g...ng.autographs/
More information at http://www.talkaboutcollecting.com/faq.html

Old March 23rd 08, 04:35 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

well, i guess you can't tell anything from autographs...this is an
EASY spot!

they are all basically the same size...they are the same A (and one of
them is supposed to be from a man, it's obvious that all of these- the
ones you have- were forged by the same person)...all these people have
DIFFERENT autographs...this is just a start...

all i can really say is this...
you don't get autographs, you buy and re sell...so you really don't
know...maybe you don't even know you are selling fakes...

i have NEVER called you though ( i may have emailed etc...but i never
called. but keep telling that story)...but i'm guessing you just want
to talk in circles and try to keep me quiet.

and that's just the begining of proof...
you enjoy what you got...it's not going to last much longer.

Old March 23rd 08, 04:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

Since you never quote, I can't tell if you are responding to my
post, Strickler's post or everybody's at once, so I'm responding.
If are saying the one I have is forged, again because I can't tell
who you are responding to, then you are wrong. The "man" is Anthony
Michael Hall. He signed my legit autograph at Trek Expo 2003 in
Tulsa OK. The scan at Strickler matched exactly. If this was not

Old March 23rd 08, 07:20 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
stricklercelebs

On Mar 23, 12:48�am, "Gummby3" wrote:
Since you never quote, I can't tell if you are responding to my
post, Strickler's post or everybody's at once, so I'm responding.
If are saying the one I have is forged, again because I can't tell
who you are responding to, then you are wrong. �The "man" is Anthony
Michael Hall. �He signed my legit autograph at Trek Expo 2003 in
Tulsa OK. �The scan at Strickler matched exactly. �If this was not

Mike
Gummby3
-= Star Collector =-www.star-collector.net
Celebrity addresses the way they should be - free.

Hi Mike (Gummby3)....the Anthony Michael Hall was signed for me in
Memphis a few years ago. As well, the Bening was signed in-person for
my wife as a matter of fact here in Baltimore. The Hathaway...right
now, I don't remember where it was signed, frankly. It probably was
from the McCracken collection I purchased at the auction last year.

Old March 23rd 08, 01:35 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I just hope this wasn't pointing to me.... I have not even had the
chance to look at your "proof". So to start accusing me of coming to
an opinion before I even have a chance to look at anything is obsurd.
As usual, your posting of tactless, baseless and rude comments do you
great injustice. I have come to the conclusion that nobody can help
you! You are just not worthy of anyone talking to.

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 22:44:58 -0500, "medieval"
wrote:

LOL...that's your proof! That 3 signatures of 3 different celebrities have
similiar A's? OMG, are you serious? I suppose your professional forensic
opinion has led you to this remarkable conclusion? I suppose you're going
to say that in ALL the signatures of these 3 celebrities that none of
their A's look like this? If so, I must have forged every signature of
Anne Hathaway, Annette Bening and Anthony Michael Hall on the market as
well. I also have signed photos of Bud Abbott, Issac Asimov, Alben
William Barkley and Aaron Copland that also have similar A's. I suppose I
signed those as well....in my previous life?

You have once again proven how much of a hack you really are........

Old March 23rd 08, 01:56 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Later today, I will post another database for comparisons. I am still
working on it. It will have at least 200 signatures on it to start (I
did the first three catalogs which were the ones with the least amount
of sigs in there and have 6 more which are jammed packed). I urge
people to start looking at the ones with two or three exemplars on
them. You will notice a lot of stuff.

No signatures will ever look identical.

Some signatures are done smaller because they put them on white space
or something and so are not the "usual" sig

Some signatures are fatter (use of pen vs something else)

Some signatures are nicknames, initiials etc while some are full.

Some signatures change over time from distinctive letters spelled out
to turning into squiggles

Some signatures from the older days are more carefully done than
current signatures and therefore make discerning fakes easier.
Squiggles make it much harder.

Some signatures have fades, writing over the top where
pens/markers/paint didn't work right or skipped and the alteration is
drastic and could be considered fake when it's not.

Some signatures are rushed while others are not; which makes them look
drasitcally different.

Some signatures are written in business hand rather than fan hand.

Some signatures which are in hands of even the highest auction houses
can be suspect. Nobody is exempt from that.

Nobody here is an "expert". You have to give leeway but if many many
items are questionable, or business practices, that is a "most likely"
scenario. Such may be the case when someone is told they have fakes
(and it's pretty reasonable assumption when something is multi-signed
and not one signature looks good) and keeps trying to sell it.... that
is called a bad business practice.

You need to look for certain identifying signs when examining
signatures. Other clues relate to stop/start line (not always but
majority), pooling (hesitation happens with celebs but probably not
often so majority of the time huge pooling is sign of a potential
problem where forger hesitates), continuity of lines (follow them to
see if any are backwards or possibly from say a left handed person
when the celeb is right handed), slant/lean, scale (not always as
indicated by my post with whitespace etc). You see, there are many
factors for good and bad and NONE of them are an exact science.
People have brain farts (heistation/pooling), are mad or rushed, are
super happy and add flourishes, are bored or looking elsewhere and
drop the tails of sigs... deliberately sign odd, use business sig by
accident, sign Star Wars stuff by accident (or give in to a relentless
fan), you just NEVER KNOW.

And you SHOULD be looking at several examples. Not just one that was
obtained in person by you. Though a pretty good indicator and ok on
SOME sigs (for example, when NOTHING in the sig is close and you've
got something else behind you to suspect forgery like a lie, bad
feedback, others mentioning problems etc) then ok; but most times you
do NOT know. So tread very carefully. You could ruin someone's
business. However, if you can determine they are "most likely" bad,
by all means, spread the word but attach it as "it's my OPINION" and
don't say it as fact.

Those are my two cents. I am no expert. I will give an educated guess
only and only on stuff I know. I never touch sports or any of that.
I believe that even though only and educated guess (which is what I do
for myself and I do have a few problem pieces in there which I took
chances on), it gives me peace. On those I took chances on or others
gave me, they remain in the collection with a caveat. However, I keep
them because I just don't know; or are a good reminder. And some are
worth taking a chance on. If the price is right and it's a rare
thing... if you can afford the lose the money, take the chance and
keep it till proven otherwise. If someday someone says you can't sell
it at Christies as it's fake, well, you didn't lose money. But don't
just buy and sell on Ebay when you don't know! If you aren't sure, DO
NOT sell it! It's just wrong to hurt your fellow man like that. Be
kind.

I am done. Phew.

Old March 23rd 08, 03:37 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Lee Cochenour

"Sue H" wrote in message
I think strictler's sports is on a link on my site... . If there are
forgeries, I wouldn't have it there. I don't appreciate people saying
I help people sell forgeries...... so don't start a war with me.
PS I don't want to hear about him using wire images photos. that's
not proof of anything other than he borrowed images (though I would
urge under the wire image photos and any other photos he borrowed,, to
say what it is or where it came from as that's the right thing to do).

Well, it isn't just the right thing to do, it is the legal thing to
do. The problem wih Strickler's site is that he continues to post
copywritten material without giving credit to where he is copying it from. I
don't mind people posting the information that I come up with as long as it
is attributed back to my site. It just isn't right when others post it as
their own.

Lee
The Celebrity Book Signings & Events Site
http://www.geocities.com/leecoke/

Old March 23rd 08, 04:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
medieval

Lee...book signing dates are PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE and not copyright worthy. I
wish you'd get off of the soapbox and stop crying the blues. Besides,
there are several references other than your site. I would have been more
than happy to place a link on my site to your website if you wouldn't have
acted high and mighty and INSISTED on the recognition from the beginning.