JAMES SPENCE BUSTED!!!!

Old November 19th 07, 04:09 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Default JAMES SPENCE BUSTED!!!!

Today of Fox News Chicago. They gave James Spence fake autographs and
he looked at them for exactly 3 seconds authenticated it and then was
showed the footage of what really happended. HE GOT BUSTED BIG TIME.
PSA is the only true authenticator out the. See www.myfoxchicago.com
for more on this!
Old November 19th 07, 04:46 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

this has popped up all over this paast week or so...it's sad...but i'm
sure they can do this with every authentication company out
there...GAI disappeared...it's bad.

Old November 19th 07, 05:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

On Nov 18, 10:46 pm, barefoot wrote:
this has popped up all over this paast week or so...it's sad...but i'm
sure they can do this with every authentication company out
there...GAI disappeared...it's bad.

You should have seen this one. They even said to James Spence can you
authicate this I'm for sure it's fake. And he authenticated it.
Old November 19th 07, 06:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

On Nov 18, 11:04 pm, wrote:
On Nov 18, 10:46 pm, barefoot wrote:

this has popped up all over this paast week or so...it's sad...but i'm
sure they can do this with every authentication company out
there...GAI disappeared...it's bad.

You should have seen this one. They even said to James Spence can you
authicate this I'm for sure it's fake. And he authenticated it.

here is a link to the story:
http://stricklerautographs.blogspot....s-for-jsa.html
Old November 19th 07, 08:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Mr Black

psa, jsa, gai....same sh!t different smell.

MrB

--

ANNOYING USENET SINCE 1996

Old November 19th 07, 02:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

I really don't think anyone should be considered a real authenticator.
Nobody is foolproof. As for someone looking for 3 seconds, sometimes
you actually CAN look at something for that long and know. Write your
name. Now, go to anyone and show them your signature for a minute and
take it away. Now ask them to write your name as you would. Someone
who is not an experienced forger will not be able to do well at it.
Especially if they don't do it over and over and over. Those are easy
to tell a mile away.

I don't know these people. What link on that site is it on? I didn't
see the story.

Old November 19th 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Great sting. Thanks for posting that link (I didn't see it on the
first one). It sounds like these people did not have any exemplars
with them and just looked at the sig? You could never trust that!
Very interesting. Which brings me to others who authenticate... how
do they do it?

If I were a service (never would do that; it's too iffy of a field).
I'd 1) have a few known in person and licensed sigs with me to
compare. 2) have a second opinion person there to back me 3) be asking
questions on a questionnaire before I even looked at the photo or
item. 4) I'd put a disclaimer saying nothing is for sure, and that
all "guesses" are just educated guesses based on the items above and
to my best ability.

I guess if you have ANY business, you need to get off your high horse
(it seems as some of the authenticators think too highly of
themselves) and do things methodically, like a good business and as
scientifically as you can with what you have available. It appears to
me, that most people who authenticate for money don't do as much as
they can. SAD.

Old November 19th 07, 05:09 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

I like to use autograph dealers who know there stuff like Raab
Autographs for one,
and many others. I'd rather pay them than the PSA people.

Chip

Old November 19th 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and yes, sue is correct..no one is a true authenticator...i'm pretty
sure that you can have this exact same thing happen at any
authentication house...reguardless of conflicts of interest etc..it
could happen everywhere...psa dna has had high profile screw
ups...spence worked with psa when that happened. and he started psa
dna...
even having a true forensic investigator couldn't control the amounts
of stuff that goes through any one of these companies...

Old November 19th 07, 08:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

On Nov 19, 1:53 pm, barefoot wrote:
and yes, sue is correct..no one is a true authenticator...i'm pretty
sure that you can have this exact same thing happen at any
authentication house...reguardless of conflicts of interest etc..it
could happen everywhere...psa dna has had high profile screw
ups...spence worked with psa when that happened. and he started psa
dna...
even having a true forensic investigator couldn't control the amounts
of stuff that goes through any one of these companies...

I posted a link so you can watch the story. If you watch, the
signatures aren't even close and he never really looks at the
autographs. Watch the video he
http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pa...d=1.1.1&sflg=1