shill bidding..

Old October 22nd 07, 10:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

Default shill bidding..

and this board came to it's demise because you start fights with
everyone...i just happened to get into your wheelhouse.

Old October 22nd 07, 11:00 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

That's ridiculous. It's the seller, who should not list things below
the value they want to sell it for. And of course EVERYONE wants a
deal. 99% of the people paying full price for graphs, coins and other
things will NOT get value out of it and the resale will be nil or next
to it.

as for your comment "steal something from someone" see above. Why is
this guy putting items on there 1/10th of their value? To shill bid.
Sometimes fraud. In this case, the specific item I was looking at
can't be faked. I imagine (haven't studied all his items) but I got a
feeling the items are stolen, many are fake or whatnot. There is no
reason to list something that retails for 250 bucks for 9.99. If he
IS legit, his excuse is probably he got a deal wholesale and figures
that the prices will get what it's worth. when they aren't is when
you start to see the shilling going on. It's HIS problem if he lists
too low. Hell, the other day I bought a Hallmark ornament for 1.56.
With shipping it was about 8.00 not even half the retail price and not
really the LOW end. The person probably wasn't happy, but if you're
going to list it that low, you must be willing to take that much. Do
I feel sorry for them? NO. Unless it was an accident listing. But
you have days to cancel the auction.... so there pretty much aren't
too many accidents.

And no, not everyone is out to get me. What a ridiculous comment. I
am a consumer advocate and ESPECIALLY concerned about Ebay and it's
practices. I will continue to out forgers, scammers and shill
bidders.

Good luck on your stock. We're headed for a huge recession and all
those double digit gains are going to slide drastically.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:27:32 -0700, barefoot
wrote:

actually, i could really care less...i don't sell autographs oh ebay
and hate selling to people who even put autographs on ebay...because
it's a bad, bad place to do business...i could care less about that
sort of stuff...and i don't care if people question my
authenticity...people who know, know that i'm a good person when it
comes to that...to the point that i'm only selling psa dna'd items
these days so that new people won't have the qualms about whether
something is good or not.... and it's working out so well that i've
kinda stopped taking pictures of celebs signing, because there's
nothing like having things psa dna'd...having photos of people signing
is NOTHING special either...
you can think that i worry about people shill bidding...i did it...i
can admit it. i know what i did. but at the same time, that's the cost
of doing business...things that are qorth $100 shouldn't be going for
$50...and YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT...stop trying to get such a deal that
you call out someone for shill bidding. because that's what you do,
you think you're getting ripped off and you call people out for doing
things that you don't know anything about and have no proof for...
i will give you that it could all be conicidence. and i could be
totally wrong...but you play autograph cop for the wrong
reasons...there's no need for these pitter patterings all over the net
from you, just because you can't steal something from someone else....

i know why i did what i did...and at the time, i really didn't need to
do that anyway, autographs sold for A LOT back then...i could sell
gary oldman for $50 a pop everytime i put one up. at the time, it was
completely idiotic to shill bid. now, i understand it though as people
like sue want to pay 50 cents for something worth $100...that's the
way it is...

and i know i'm not beating a dead horse, you complain about these
things all the time. everyone is out to get sue, i guess.stop worrying
about it...go buy some logitech stock, it went up $6 a share the other
day...

Old October 22nd 07, 11:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Really? What fight did I start. Again it's YOU as usual that has to
be negative, rude and try to start crap. SAD and pathetic. It was
nice when you were gone.

Old October 23rd 07, 05:04 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Auto Cop

Sue,

I don't think you understood my post. Here is a link to the eBay policy:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200708241544222.html

Here's part of it: "New User ID Masking - We are replacing the current
aliases (Bidder 1, Bidder 2 and Bidder 3) with a masked ID that consists of
two random characters from the member's User ID - for example a***b. For any
given member, this masked ID will be consistent across all auctions over
$200 for which they place bids."

-A

"Sue H" wrote in message
It's not just that; it's all new ID's all 0 feedback, all bidding on
ONLY this guys stuff, on 85% of present and past auctions... I am
sorry but it's waaay to convenient. In addition, those are NOT
coincidences. He knows how to circumvent. If you didn't know, the
place where you put the ID's separated by commas, won't take the ***
in that field (odd but it's an Ebay flaw). He knows that and uses
that...

Also on his auctions, many of the bidders have underscores in their
name. Now normally this is not unusual, but combined with the 0
feedback, etc.... it's NOT a coincidence.

Also, it's very odd that of those auctions where the 0 feedback person
bids, it's amazing how 99% of the time, they never win.

As for Barefoot, I understand why he's anti anyone outing this habit.
We won't go there again. Taken with a grain of salt and noted that
this is why this board came to its demise.

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:16:16 GMT, "Auto Cop"
wrote:

Sue,

This is exactly why people should be careful about playing eBay cop. The
reason all the ID's show up as a***s, o***o, g***s, e***e, etc. is because
once the bid price reaches a certain level (I believe it's currently
$100),
eBay removes the username of the bidder and inserts a***s, o***o, g***s,
e***e, etc. The reasoning behind it is that scammers won't be able to send
those bidders fake 2nd chance offers because they don't know the real
ID's.
Look at any high-priced auction and you'll see all the bidders are shown
as
something like a***z.

This policy isn't even that new. It's at least a few months old. you
really
should make sure you know what you're talking about before you go around
reporting sellers.

-A

"Sue H" wrote in message
. ..
makes it more hard to turn their asses in...

I just was bidding on a coach purse. I look today and like 20 more
bids and I look at who's bidding and lo and behold people with 0
feedback. I am suspicious.

I go to their other auctions. I notice all items either 1) not
selling for a good price or any item over 50 dollars has 0 feedback
people bidding on it. Out of like 30 items, 25 are like that (the
others are going well I guess or for close to what the person needs to
get for them). So I am suspicious.

I go to past auctions and notice the exact same thing. Funny thing is
people from 90 days ago STILL have 0 feedback. I am very suspicious.

I decide to go back over many auctions and see if I see anything of
other interest. I do. It's a series of different people with 0
feedback. All go something like this: Ebay ID: a***s, o***o, g***s,
e***e you see the picture?

So then I wonder why this person chose that because by now I am
POSITIVE this is a shill bidder. Oh it's not just the *** that gave
it away as they are using a ton of other id's. but I find out Ebay
would not take the *** ID's! I don't know why, but it would not
recognize it as an ID. So what I did was pick a few other suspected
ID's and then list the others in my "complaint" area.

I don't care what people think of me for pursuing ebay frauds but I am
SICK of it and will turn asses in a minute. ****es me off.

I guess this just after I've been looking at coach purses and coin
sets. I noticed a few things... people are selling Coach hang tags,
empty boxes, dust cloths etc by themselves. Someone paid 30.00 for a
hang tag alone. I ask WHY. Who'd want a little thing that's mean
just to authenticate a purse? Someone unscrupulous who either wants
to sell a fake as the real deal or someone who's going to put it on
their own item to walk around and act like they have the real deal.
Either way, that's a fraud. On the coin sets, I was trying to go back
and get proof sets for my kids. I saw a few interesting things like
"empty boxes for proof sets" and "COA's for proof sets" sold
separately. Sure, this one is less scrupulous as I can see someone
lost their paperwork and want to replace it, but most of the lots are
sold in groups of 10 or more! What is up with that? That's very
suspicious. Along those lines Ex Libris bookplates for Easton Press
books...

Very disheartened by what I've witnessed. I am tempted to email the
rip off artist. I won't. I'll give ebay a few days to remove him
before I email the *******.

Ebay ID: 615ms please look him up and give me your opinion!!!

Old October 23rd 07, 04:34 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

This ID masking or whatever it's called it something that can't be
reported when asked for User ID in the complaint/reporting form online

What I am saying is, this is a tool used by scammers (apparently THIS
guy knows it and that's why he's using this new feature to shill bid).
When you go to the shill bidding part (pick the drop down menu to
eventually get a form to fill out and send to them reporting the
abuser), you get to a field called "user ID" where you put in,
separated by commas, up to 10 ID's you suspect they shill bidder is
using. You cannot put these *** (masking part) into the field. It
won't take as that field is apparently banned from symbol use.

I hope you understand what I am saying.

Just another Ebay issue to let people get away with crap.

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 04:04:28 GMT, "Auto Cop"
wrote:

Sue,

I don't think you understood my post. Here is a link to the eBay policy:

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/core/200708241544222.html

Here's part of it: "New User ID Masking - We are replacing the current
aliases (Bidder 1, Bidder 2 and Bidder 3) with a masked ID that consists of
two random characters from the member's User ID - for example a***b. For any
given member, this masked ID will be consistent across all auctions over
$200 for which they place bids."

-A

.. .

Old October 23rd 07, 05:53 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

see look. you just read in whatever you want...do you believe that the
sky is falling too? how about the story that man didn't land on the
moon, but it was all done in a hollywood studio? now this guy "stole"
the items...
do you realize that these items can be traced.

just like your theory that these are being shill bid...even after ebay
says there is no evidence...

i keep saying i could be wrong. but you want to push issues THAT YOU
HAVE NO PROOF OF... and now you are accusing him of stealing it too...

Old October 23rd 07, 05:55 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and they do the id masking so that people like you can't keep
bothering bidders on items saying that the stuff is fake, or stolen or
whatever story you are going to make up...
it's amazing that you are allowed to slander people for no reason
other than you "think so." a little more proof is required other than
your fancy coincidences and goofy conspiracy reports.

Old October 23rd 07, 07:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

You know, you are one antagonistic ******* aren't you? I don't
slander people. I tell the FACTS. It's OBVIOUS it you did any
research at all that what I said is the truth.

You know, we should continue to out YOU. Remember, to those newbies
looking at Hollywoodstuffs website and potentially buying crap from
him, he sells (ADMITTINGLY) unlicensed items. In addition, his
reputation is horrific as people who've met him think he's a jerk and
those on this board who know him for years know how nasty he is to
everyone. Lastly, his nickname will never leave him... he's known as
Bareforger. Now I can't say that's true or not, but that's his
reputation. So anything this jerk does on this group is just taken
with a grain of salt.

It's amazing how people like YOU are allowed to sell on Ebay. It's
people like YOU who stick up for all that's wrong with Ebay because
YOU are just like all the people who do wrong. You don't like my
continual efforts to stop liars and theives because you are one of
them... that's the impression anyway.

Old October 23rd 07, 07:17 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

We know why Ebay doesn't oust many people it needs to. GREED. We all
know that. However, you weren't making them enough money; probably
why you were ousted before?

Old October 24th 07, 03:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

the only people who have called me that is people right here...more
than likely YOU with one of your FAKE names...
it's not OBVIOUS that people are shill bidding except to YOU...just
like all this other stuff, it's crap floating around in your head...
you really need to reflect and think what your life needs in it so you
can stop accusing people of all sorts of devious behavior. maybe you
did a bunch of bad stuff when you were younger and suspect everyone
else is a bad person. who knows...but everytime someone tells you
something that truly is obvious, you start playing the blame game. to
the point that you are calling out old **** on me..i'm not trying to
make fun of you or blame you for something, yet you have to to try and
run a number on me, when no one else is even listening..
mike

This just in...Nudo shill bidding tip? DeserTBoB 8 Track Tapes 4 September 24th 06 06:22 PM
Shill Bidding????? BigDog Coins 9 February 24th 06 06:33 PM
Shill Bidding. Why doesn't Ebay ever do anything..... BH90210L Baseball 0 June 12th 05 01:24 PM
Shill bidding? RW Julian Coins 3 September 23rd 04 02:27 AM
Shill Bidding Sandra Wise Coins 2 August 15th 03 07:44 PM