Amanda Pays FA!!!

Old December 3rd 06, 11:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

Default Amanda Pays FA!!!

This is a great original autographed picture of Amanda Pays. She
played in shows like "The Flash" and also in "7th Heaven".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...0136&rd=1&rd=1

Chip

Old December 4th 06, 01:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

without kicking off the whole argument again..how do you issue a COA
for something that you got in the mail?
mike

Old December 4th 06, 04:01 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
chip1057

I get expert collectors to look at the autograph, and tell me the
authenticity of it,
and then the rest is easy.

Chip

Old December 4th 06, 05:06 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Bill Plenge

chip1057 wrote:
I get expert collectors to look at the autograph, and tell me the
authenticity of it,
and then the rest is easy.

Chip

Wouldn't it be better to get autograph collectors to look? What do expert
collectors know about autographs? How do you store experts to stop them
from fading with age anyway? (Sorry, couldn't resist -- removing togue
from cheek)

Best,
Bill

Old December 4th 06, 05:45 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

sorry...i don't mean to keep beating it to death...and i'm pretty
certain that amanda pays doesn't have a lot of people sending her
mail...but at least, with inperson signatures, at least someone was
there to watch it get signed. with ttm, there's no one there except the
person who signed it...
and i just wouldn't trust it...plus, you don't put in your
aution/listing "was obtained in the mail." and to be honest, i would
take that to mean that even you aren't certain that it's legit. in
fact, id believe that you wouldn't think it's legit or else why would
you be selling it, and so inexpensively.
there's a whole lot more that i could be saying here...but at the same
time, the subject has come up quite a bit...i'm just voicing that the
chances are that it's a fake item as just as likely as it's a real
autograph...seriously...

mike

Old December 4th 06, 07:33 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

let's see, i take pictures..if need to, i'll go to psa dna or someone
else with real "expert" opinions. i have witnesses other than
myself...i'll let people ask the celebrities themselves if they can...
the difference is, someone else witnessed the signing...
like the guy said before me, some guy who owns a store has NO CLUE what
they are looking at...
90% of the dealers out there do not get the items themselves..it's very
few dealers who get their items themselves...it's impossible to sell
retail and get autographs yourself.

my claim, is till better than someone saying they got something in the
mail...if you were honest in advertising (which i am in no way saying
that you are not, jsut a small mistake) you'd say you got this through
the mail, and i'd bet your sales drop off to almost nothing...
if not downright nothing.
mike

Ed Ames wrote:
"barefoot" wrote in message without kicking off
the whole argument again..how do you issue a COA
for something that you got in the mail?
mike

how do you issue a COA for the autographs that you claim to have gotten in
person?

Old December 4th 06, 04:06 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

My thoughts are (I know, more arguments coming) that neither is worthy
of a COA. The only ones to mean anything (and even that can be
suspect really) is like the one I got the other day from a company I
bought a Kee Chan sig from. It had the official licensed hologram
sticker from Star Wars (it was licensed by Official Pix); it had the
hologramed/numbered sticker from the company, along with a COA which
included signatures from the company people, their info completed (so
they could be contacted in different ways) and the COA was laminated
(doesn't mean anything but cute touch) with a photo of him signing
either that specific photo, of one of those batches of photos in their
store, which had their logo noticeable in the photo. Granted, if one
wanted to argue, this could all be faked or one could be
done/photoshopped or even a million copies of forgeries of this type
of photo sold... but that's about the best you're going to do in a
COA.

COA's otherwise are pretty much useless. Kinda like stock in Enron.

Old December 4th 06, 04:22 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

People list things at 1 dollar or a hundred dollars. If you list at 1
dollar, you will most likely get more bids, though admittedly, some
shy away from it thinking it's fake. On the other hand, if you list at
100 (this does not pertain to this autograph; I know nothing of value
on this particular one; this is a general statement), and it's value
is 100, you might get no bids as people want a good deal and paying
full price is not a great deal. Do not slam people for what they
list things at... you don't know why they are thinking. And a small
price is not indicative of what it'll bring, what it's worth or if
it's fake. Autographworld lists things at 99 cents. Are they fake?
What I personally do, is list the lowest I'll be happy with and not
worry about losing. So if I bought something for 10.00 and it's worth
10.00 or more, I'll look on Ebay and see what they are going for. If
they are not selling or going for 2.00, I won't sell it. It's going
for 10.00 or more, I'll look at the prices everyone is selling it for
and go about that, but make my auction better. If it's selling for
way above, I'll start my price at usually my total cost like say the
woodward book was the last thing I sold; so I started that at 30.00 or
whatever, hoping that I'd get a lot to cover my "other" costs. I
figured, at the very least, I got the cost of the book back right? No
harm no foul.

It's all in what each person's personality is like; some are tightwads
and some don't care and others like me are in the middle.
Most of the ones that sell for 1.00 are willing to take their losses
is all. So stop dissing them.

However, be aware that in my personal experience, those that ARE
selling at 1.00 CAN be worrisome; no, not on authenticity... because
that's up to YOU to research before you bid... it's that a few of the
people THINK they are going to get a lot and are not willing to lose
the money; and in turn, they may not give you the stuff you won, they
may stiff you on postage to make up the difference or start something
with you... so be careful and just be savvy and email first. This
happens sometimes, but not all the time; most times, sellers abide by
the rules.

Old December 4th 06, 11:07 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
JosesAutograph

I agree in-person is the only way to go. TTM is no guarantee of an
authentic autograph.

JOSE R.