FA: Three little Half Sisters, 1850, 1851 and 1853

Old June 26th 06, 05:14 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

Default FA: Three little Half Sisters, 1850, 1851 and 1853

I just put three nice half cents up on ebay.

1850, Choice AU
1851, Choice EF
1853, Nice EF

These are raw coins but very nice. This is a good time to add that
type coin to your set. Thanks for looking.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrfthompsQQhtZ-1

Old June 26th 06, 06:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"e" wrote in message
m...
In article . com, "Randy
Thompson" wrote:

I just put three nice half cents up on ebay.

1850, Choice AU
1851, Choice EF
1853, Nice EF

These are raw coins but very nice. This is a good time to add that
type coin to your set. Thanks for looking.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrfthompsQQhtZ-1

the gouge by the 4th star is pretty serious on the 1850.
other wise it's really nice.
stars 1 and 11 on the1851 have marks by them.
reverse of the 1853 is pretty scratchy.
they would be really decent coins except for the scratches.

You've not collected much copper, have you, e?

Mr. Jaggers

Old June 26th 06, 07:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins

"e" wrote in message
m...
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"e" wrote in message
. com...
In article . com,
"Randy
Thompson" wrote:

I just put three nice half cents up on ebay.

1850, Choice AU
1851, Choice EF
1853, Nice EF

These are raw coins but very nice. This is a good time to add that
type coin to your set. Thanks for looking.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZrfthompsQQhtZ-1

the gouge by the 4th star is pretty serious on the 1850.
other wise it's really nice.
stars 1 and 11 on the1851 have marks by them.
reverse of the 1853 is pretty scratchy.
they would be really decent coins except for the scratches.

You've not collected much copper, have you, e?

Mr. Jaggers

i collect large cents. i know early copper almost always has
problems. but what does that have to do with the facts?

Good that you collect large cents and are aware of the problems with them,
e. I hope you are also a member of EAC. If not, let me know, and I'll give
you the particulars of becoming a member.

There's nothing wrong with the facts. I'm just curious as to why you went
out of your way to point out defects in a fellow rccer's coins. Randy's
excellent photos show what there is to show.

Mr. Jaggers

Old June 27th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins

e wrote:
In article , "Mr. Jaggers" lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"e" wrote in message
om...
In article , "Mr. Jaggers"
lugburzman[at]yahoo[dot]com wrote:

"e" wrote in message
.com...
In article . com,
"Randy
Thompson" wrote:

[...]

didn't go out of my way. i thought he was asking for
comments. i would bid on 2 of them is i had the scratch...
i don't think i could handle another organization. just got
another fssnoc journal i can't find time for.

You missed the huge gouge north of the fifth star, similar to the one
by the fourth star. No, I wasn't asking for comments, I was asking for
bids. However, feel free to comment. Just note that these are
circulated coins and not graded by SGS, so don't expect perfection. In
my opinion, you way overstated any issues with these coins. Those type
of marks are typical for the grades.

BTW, thanks for the discussion. Bad publicity is better than no
publicity. Now, everybody go out and bid.