Licensed items

Old March 14th 06, 06:54 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Default Licensed items

As stated in my last post, some of you may not be aware of this... but
there is a behind the scenes campaign to stop fan mail...well, fan
mail that isn't licensed items. Certain Studios, Agencies, Managers
etc are stopping the mail before it gets to the celeb for the mere
fact that the items enclosed are NOT licensed materials.

As a collector I am hurt by this movement. I understand why, but in
order to compensate collectors they should either begin supplying
items..OR at least send a letter out saying: "Your items are
unlicensed and so and so cannot signed unlicensed materials".
Trashing them is bad.

People need to report exactly what they are sending/receving so we can
see what agencies are doing this and also let us get a feel as to how
prevalent this problem is. But this may be one of the bigger reasons
why we are not getting stuff back.

I know only a little about this. I have received emails regarding the
issue...although I understand and want to help; I have a more issue
with forgers and I am concerned for the collector because there is
VERY LIMITED things we can send to actors; and to be honest, some
films/movies are not popular and NOTHING was made. The only thing we
can do is send reprinted images from screen captures. In my view
Screen Captures should be exempt from this. We paid for the licensed
DVD... therefore to me it's licensed; but they don't feel the same
way.

Anyway, I've seen some of the campaign and it's just now starting to
take hold. If it picks up steam, we might see the end of collecting
by mail all together.
Old March 14th 06, 09:15 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

That's just MAJOR DOO-DOO!!!

Old March 14th 06, 10:20 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

I often wondered if perhaps this was why alot of my stuff wasn't coming
back. For alot of the people I'm interested in nothing exists. For
example, John Chatterton, the host from deep sea detectives. You'd be hard
pressed to find anything but the $24.95 dvds that history channel puts out.
I searched on and off for days and found one medium resolution picture.
Thankfully I got ahold of John and he offered to get a picture taken and
have both him and the co-host sign it. But there are alot of others I want
that have no material available.

Why of why can't they just leave us along, those greedy *******s.

Old March 15th 06, 12:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

Yeah, I agree with SBFan2000! I've been writing "Nobody's" from
Charmed, but a few years ago, I was in contact with a Stuntman and he
agreed to sign a photo of his character from "Happily Ever After" (he
was the Woodsman) So, I wrote to Charmed "Plubicity Dept." asking if
they could provide me with and 8x10 photo of the character.(I even
offered to Buy it). I got a nice note from the Artist, telling me "a
photo doesn't exist for that character, but I hope this will do". He
sent me a CD of this Artwork for the Fairy Tale book Piper holds in the
episode. along with a set of trading cards and the first Music CD!

So, if photo's don't exist of the characters "we" want, what
the hell are we supposed to do??? Just write and get one of their
"headshot's"? Isn't this going to start costing them more money??? I
just don't understand!

Old March 15th 06, 01:17 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

"Sue H" wrote in message
[...]

you must have a lot of time on your hands.

Old March 15th 06, 03:29 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

I just try to help; and yes, I do have a lot of time on my hands
unfortunately.

On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 03:19:03 GMT, "SBFan2000"
wrote:

"gee" wrote in message ...

"Sue H" wrote in message
[...]

Or she's dedicated to her hobby!

Old March 15th 06, 04:21 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

I comiserate! It may not be bad yet, but it has to be added to the
list of factors, which is getting increasingly long. And it does
appear our rates are WAY down. You gotta give it a look... but I
totally agree with you and Gummby! It's crap.

Old March 15th 06, 05:48 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

sadly...screen caps come under that copyright protection law that you
see at the begining of EVERY DVD..so you can actually be arrested for
making those...it says it in simple terms right on every dvd, and while
watching every dvd before and after the film.
mike

Old March 15th 06, 12:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

"I do have a lot of time on my hands"

Kinda reminds me of a Styx song! haha

Thanks for the information Sue! :-)

Old March 15th 06, 02:42 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs

They used to say something about copying the DVD; not making photos
off it... and also something about not for COMMERCIAL use, sales etc.
Insinuating it was ok as long as it wasn't used for sales...