Anyone in Hampton Roads got to hear Bush speaK?

Old October 28th 05, 04:34 PM
Sue H

Default Anyone in Hampton Roads got to hear Bush speaK?

Can't see again, so bear with me.

Anyway, Bush was here this mornign speaking at Chrysler Hall. I didn't
post ahead of time because it was "invite only". News had it that
Bush doesn't want anymore negativity, so most of his speeches now are
closed and only offered to "supporters". One protestor got in though
and was taken away by secret service.

It may be me, but shouldn't one be speaking to people who DON'T
support you to try to convince them and convert them to your side?
Hubby said he doesn't have to prove anything because he can't be
re-elected, but would you want to go down in history as the person
with the lowest poll points? Cracks me up. Bush sucks.

I heard the reporters were the only ones allowed on the tarmack.
Doubtful anyone inside got a graph, but was wondering about it......

Also, one autograph question. Why is it he signed autographs once in
a blue moon by lately none at all? I know time is an issue of course,
but are autographs something the press secretary or others "arrange"
in his scehdule?????? Just curious.

By the way, I think after he's out of office, he'll write a book and
will be coming to a bookseller near you (so his perception will change
and he won't go down in history as the most idiotic President we've
ever known).

Old October 28th 05, 06:57 PM

Sue H wrote:
[...]

Every time Bush has spoken in this area, it has been by invitation only
and they run a background check before you even have any chance of
getting in. It's been that way with him as long as he has been in
office. I've heard of one or two people who got autographs from him,
but it was arranged through Secret Service agents at the event and you
had to use a pen that they provided. You could not even furnish your
own pen.

Old October 28th 05, 09:25 PM
Sue H

Interesting about the pen. After going to the International Spy
Museum, I can guess why! Makes sense in a way but kind of ironic with
all the "leak" stuff going on right now (sorry, no pun intended). By
ironic I mean they can't even stop their high level people from giving
a CIA leak and they're worried about a pen. LOL

Old October 29th 05, 05:00 AM
Bulldog 2005

No, he won't go down as the most idiotic President history. That will
always belong to either Carter or Clinton. No doubt.

If you knew anything about Presidential visits and it's obvious you
don't, rarely are any events "open to the public". This will differ if
it's an election year and only then to do they have special events just
for that.

It's obvious from your postings that while you might be the expert on
getting the signature of the idiot that cleaned the porta-potty's on
the Star Wars set, you know *NOTHING* about in-person meetings.

Old October 29th 05, 05:04 AM
p. b. talley

"Bulldog 2005" wrote in message
oups.com...
No, he won't go down as the most idiotic President history. That will
always belong to either Carter or Clinton. No doubt.

If you knew anything about Presidential visits and it's obvious you
don't, rarely are any events "open to the public". This will differ if
it's an election year and only then to do they have special events just
for that.

It's obvious from your postings that while you might be the expert on
getting the signature of the idiot that cleaned the porta-potty's on
the Star Wars set, you know *NOTHING* about in-person meetings.

Boy, do I feel enlightened.

Brian

Old October 29th 05, 01:48 PM
Sue H

LOL I may be not up to date on Presidential Protocol but neither are
you! It always amazes me when someone tries to down someone and when
they speak, they are as much as an idiot or more....

The President has gone out in public several times ... and yes, has
signed autographs. No, not "just because" but I know for a fact that
he does occasionally get out there and do that; one such case last
year where he just went to the Lincoln Memorial and did mix with
tourists...

So apparently, you too are not up to date. Too much West Wing or
something?

PS No porta potty cleaners yet, but when I get the rest of them and I
need that last guy to complete my collection, I'll make sure to give
you a call.

Old October 29th 05, 06:35 PM
Sue H

And Carter is a great humanitarian who won the Nobel Peace Prize...
Bush already ruined his chances of ever even being considered for one.

Clinton didn't have the economic woes of Bush either. He wasn't good
foreign relations, but bush is worse!!!!!!

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:26:15 -0700, "Adam Grolier"
wrote:

No, he won't go down as the most idiotic President history. That will
always belong to either Carter or Clinton. No doubt.

Carter and Clinton are only about 10 times more intelligent than Bush Jr.
Bush sound like a moron every time he opens his mouth because all he can do
is parrot patriotic slogans and cliches. Carter was a poor president
because he didn't have a backbone. Clinton had about half a backbone.

Old October 29th 05, 07:09 PM
Bulldog 2005

A great humanitarian? The Nobel Peace Prize? LOL! What a joke.

Sue, your only showing your ignorance for politics the more you post.
You need to quit while your behind.

Seriously, do something else this weekend besides replying to every
single posting in the autograph group. Get outside, read a book, spend
time with your family, just something. Heck, think of a way maybe you
can earn that Nobel Peace prize snicker....

Old October 29th 05, 10:42 PM
Sue H

Do you not even bother to research before YOU show YOUR ignorance...

Better start brushing up buddy; because you are the ignorant one here.
Bush destroys national Parks for buisness... and Carter builds homes
for the poor. Pork barrell friends get richer with Bush while the
working poor suffer...

We won't get into politics anymore as this is way off Target, but
while I answer a lot of posts (trying to encourage a good air on this
board) there's some snot like you who responds to posts, reaming
others without looking up answers....

Carter won the Nobel prize in 2002. The thread was talking about what
the president would be remembered for after he leaves office... and
yes, Carter IS a humanitarian and did win the Peace Prize and Bush?
Well, what's he gonna be remembered for? Sending troops to Iraq and
Afghanistan to die for a country that doesn't want us there. He'll be
remembered for looking for weapons of mass destruction that were never
found...

Keep posting; you make me look brilliant.

PS Nice to see you on here too... apparently YOU must not have enough
to do either. May I suggest one of Jimmy Carter's books?