Are these items on ebay from this seller real?

Old March 25th 05, 06:18 AM
ag

Default Are these items on ebay from this seller real?

A seller on ebay with the username cp1525 has a lot of great deals and
a high rating. He also has a reliable way of certifiying the items with
most coming with a COA from GLOBAL AUTHENTICATION.

But how are these items so cheap? He has Pete Rose signed pics for 20
bucks... litho's for 200. Thoughts?

this link should work:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...5QQsassZcp1525
if not, type is his username: cp1525

Old March 25th 05, 03:03 PM
Sue H

I have not idea if legit or not as not familiar with Sports sigs, I
think someone here will help you with that.

I wonder though because almost all his stuff is photos (collectors get
theirs anyway they can usually; cards, indexes, magazine/sports
programs.... so someone who has all these like this looks more towards
dealer and most dealers with stores (physical) have the "About Me"
thing where you can find about about them. All the Buy it nows are
strange too. This leaves NO room for people to email others and say
you just bought a fake. Once they buy, it's gone? Just another
curious thing.

Prices do seem low for some. Some others though are lesser knowns and
probably are priced right.

He's got a lot... so either a dealer or long time collector and by the
way he does the auctions, doesn't seem to me like a true collector; so
email him and ask and see what he says. Ask where he got the stuff.
Don't mention price.

Also, this is his 4th ID. Why not search his other ID's and check
THOSE feedbacks. That's sometimes an indication something is amiss.

Old March 25th 05, 03:09 PM
Sue H

Oh man. He has changed his ID a LOT more times. Curious things
though about this like different locations etc. It only shows 4 ID
changes there, but if you go into EACH of the old ID's, there's OTHER
ID Changes. Most have good feedback, but only a few on there than an
immediate change. Something is definately weird.

I am guessing that something bad happened an Ebay kicked him off or
something like that and he keeps coming back somewhere else. However,
I don't get why a lot of them seem to have good feedback. So the
kicked off thing makes sense. If the ID changes because he moves a
lot, that's bad too.

It's quite a few changes if you keep going into them. Very
interesting indeed!

Old March 25th 05, 04:14 PM
AutographPros.com

He's the ONLY person on eBay to have this "Global Authentication" COA so
personally I feel that this means nothing and actually it almost makes me
think they are trying to convince you that these were in fact authenticated
which they were not. Well, at least not by a reputable authentication firm
with credentials. I don't know sports, them damn ego-maniacs drove me out
of trying for them guys in person years ago, but what I do know is that they
didn't get these autographed jerseys through the mail, so if you are truly
interested in these items, get with Sue to see if she has anyone on the
authentication page that does sports and also email the seller with a direct
question about a few of the jerseys and pieces you are interested in and ask
"Exactly when and where was this, and this, and this signed and do you have
the show tickets or photos from when they were signed". There's NO WAY any
dealer would get high end items like this signed without keeping some sort
of proof or documentation to back up the provenance. That's like going to
your first baseball game and not keeping the ticket stub. It just don't
happen.

--

Michael Kasmar
www.AutographPros.com
ups.com...

Old March 25th 05, 06:45 PM
barefoot

dude, harold "smith" what are you talking about...GAI is nowhere near
the authentication service of psa dna- and will NEVER overtake
them...here's the main reason "PSA DNA IS ENDORSED BY MLB BASEBALL AND
NFL FOOTBALL." so much so that they both use PSA DNA certifications
when you buy a signature through them..there's only 4 major sports and
2 of them endorse PSA DNA and one of the major sports doesn't even
exist...
oh yeah, and one of the main authenticators for GAI sells autographs on
his own but now uses GAI certificates...that's some kind of conflict of
interest, what's to stop the guy from selling bad stuff and just
slapping a cert. on it. no offense, but this is about the DUMBEST
comment i've seen on here reguarding a professional business...MOST
people have NEVER heard of GAI. Just you and a handful of others...
in reguards to the autographs asked about on this page... Most seem
legit. i worry about the clemens- but most of these people that are on
this guy's page are people that do shows and do private signings with
the show promoters for FAR CHEAPER than the advertised show autographed
price...sp i would say there's almost no problem dealing with this
guy...My biggest suspect is GAI authentication service...Their about as
big as "MIKE"S BAR AND GRILL AUTHENTICATION SERVICE" and in no way
serves as proof of a signatures authenticity..
Harold Smith wrote:
Frankly I'm surprised that veteran autograph collectors on an

autograph
newsgroup have never heard of Global (GAI). They're number two in

the
industry after PSA/DNA, and may even overtake PSA before long. The

company
was started three years ago by Stephen Rocci, who was the founder and
president of PSA. Maybe he left for political reasons?

ups.com...

Old March 25th 05, 07:13 PM
Sue H

Well as always, people should use all the resouces available to check
them out themselves and like you are saying, he needs to check that
company (not familiar with them but the other two posters gave a nice
background). However, might I suggest people use something like a RED
Flag system they make up. For example.

No red flags and checked out; buy
One red flag, figure out the reason for the red flag and if seemingly
ok, then conider buying.
Two Red Flags, if one or both cannot be easily accounted for, stay
clear. Consider waiting before bidding to relieve your concerns
Three or more red flags. Run for your life.

Red Flags:
Bad Feeback
Low number of feedbacks
ID Changes
Information in auction absent
Emails not returned
Unwilling to answer all your questions
COA's they make themselves...
Hidden charges
Saying their UACC registered when not (check with the UACC to see if
they are registered).
Interseting terminoloy/sentences used like "you are getting an ACTUAL
or GENUINE or AUTHENTIC autograph on a photo that is reprinted". This
could mean just the photo was reprinted and the signature signed after
or could meal all was reprinted and the first signature was authentic.
People do this crap ALL THE TIME on Ebay. It's a HUGE red flag is
they are not 100% clear.

Anymore red flags?

Old March 26th 05, 12:14 AM
Mr Black

Im trying to avoid the authentication debates on the board these days; but
as a collector of sports graphs for 20 years, ofcourse i have heard of
GAI.........BUT unless it is a signing that they themselves have held and
are authenticating, i hold them in the same light as any other "3rd party"
authenticator, regardless of reputation (see my earlier posts on psa
dna).......questionable at best.

MrB.

"Harold Smith" wrote in message
Frankly I'm surprised that veteran autograph collectors on an autograph
newsgroup have never heard of Global (GAI). They're number two in the
industry after PSA/DNA, and may even overtake PSA before long. The

company
was started three years ago by Stephen Rocci, who was the founder and
president of PSA. Maybe he left for political reasons?

ups.com...

Old March 26th 05, 12:17 AM
Gummby3

Exactly. Whatever company you use, you're still paying them to make their
best educated guess. :-)

--

Mike
Gummby3

~~ Star Collector ~~
www.star-collector.net
Celebrity addresses the way they should be - free.

Old March 26th 05, 01:01 AM
Bassale

psa/dna is imploding and barefoot has no idea what he is talking about.
dont listen to him. he tries to make himself sound important so he
can sell his junk on ebay and to anyone stupid enough to buy from him.
psa/dna will be out of business in a year.

bassale

Just A Reminder To New Alt.Collecting.8-Track-Tapes Group Members Daniel & Kathy Gibson 8 Track Tapes 7 May 17th 04 12:06 PM
Items on Ebay Dino9108 Hockey 0 April 28th 04 12:04 AM
Just A Reminder To New Alt.Collecting.8-Track-Tapes Group Members Daniel & Kathy Gibson 8 Track Tapes 11 April 26th 04 12:52 PM
How to avoid getting cheated on eBay -- periodic post Reid Goldsborough Coins 12 November 26th 03 03:36 PM
IF YOU USE EBAY READ THIS....... Drti28Hrit Baseball 0 November 4th 03 05:39 PM