um

Old June 6th 07, 02:21 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default um

By the way, I agree with Bob totally. Only thing Bob, is I remember
when Kiera Knightley was a c-lister and look at her now. Sure most
won't become A-listers, but you never know who will! And the
c-listers are cool people; you get to actually SPEAK with them,
interact with them more. They want out there and are eager to share.
Most times, I am more thrilled with a C-list celeb than and A-list and
more than purchases, that's for sure! Anyway, great points Bob.

On Wed, 06 Jun 2007 02:54:08 -0700, Bob wrote:

On Jun 5, 11:03 pm, barefoot wrote:
and i do still stand by my whole "at least 95% of the stuff TTM isn't
real." i won't budge off that until proven otherwise...

and i find that most stars above what's basically a c grade,
don't even see their fan mail. and i highly doubt that people who
don't like to sign autographs, are suddenly signing their mail. that's
just naive.
mike

Mike you actually make a good point, and I think you're missing it.

Those of us who collect TTM and post here regularly, don't usually
even try for A listers. We know Julia Roberts isn't signing from a
studio fan mail address.

We do try for B's C's and the hey they just walked past the screen for
2 seconds people.

Now I'll admit that even most B'listers won't sign from a typical
agent address, which is why you're missing our point. For most of us
we are trying for these people through plays, production addresses or
home addresses. These addresses help us skip some of the people in
place to handle their mail. Now that doesn't gaurentee a success but
when we do get one we tend to share it with each other. Which for the
record has been moved from this board to another.

Now for c-listers and the "hey they just walked past the screen",
these I'd say are almost 100% real. Because and Sue can back me up,
prove to be the best responses you could hope for. They are excited to
share details of their time on set, they sometimes include phone
numbers, photo requests, personal photos from the set and even in some
cases crew item's. I've gotten some wonderful LOTR crew items from
stunt guys and walk on's.

When you say 95% of TTM are fake we take offense because you're
generalizing which you do very frequently. Look at who you're talking
to most frequently here, when was the last time Gumby, Mr. B or Sue
said hey guess what I just got the coolest response from Tom Cruise,
he signed all my photo's.

I will admit there is the occasional new person to this group that
thinks Deniro will sign his poster if he sends it to the agent or who
thinks his autograph from studio fan mail is real. Those people do
need to be informed, but if you are going to jump all over them,
explain you're self better and you will be doing them a service.

Doen't discourage them from TTM collecting, just inform them better of
ther chances. This is why we all argue with you, 95% of TTM are not
fake, 95% of A list may be and maybe 70-75% of B list success are
fake (depending on how you write these stars) but for most of us we
are getting very good results from B listers if you know how to find
them, that's the fun part of TTM collecting, the hours of detective
work involved, the sharing of information from friends on these boards
and so fourth.

And for C listers and other's, if we do get a response I'd say they
are 99% real, because who the heck else but a few of us even want
them. Most are shocked at the request itself.

Ok that's my 2 cents.

Bob

Old June 6th 07, 07:01 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
barefoot

and if anyone will remember my point...MOST people who send stuff out
don't frequent groups like this...it's those one off people who are
sending to orlando bloom, now. they find some address in some magazine
and send a letter and request...and to be honest, THAT GROUP is the
largest part of TTM collectors. and that is how i worded it then...i
even went into a tiring diatribe about how i'm sure most folks on this
group are quite a bit more knowledgable etc. but this is not the
majority of TTM collectors. shoot, there are more people that buy
autograph collector magazine than frequent this group, just for the
addresses that are posted..i don't know if any of those are any good
either. the magazine doesn't get those addresses from here.
mike

Old June 6th 07, 07:10 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

I can verify that a good portion, not all, of the addresses in the magazine
are outdated by the time it reaches the racks. I get so many emails from
people reported dead links that they got from the magazine. While my site
is far from perfect, it definitely has more percentage of being up to date
than a magazine or annual black book. :-)

--

Mike
Gummby3

oups.com...