not a registered user

Old April 13th 05, 10:08 PM
xaviery4

Default not a registered user

Hello All,

I was looking at this auction and there is a nru'ed bidder? Is this weird?

Best,
Xavier

Old April 13th 05, 10:15 PM
jim menning

"xaviery4" wrote in message
Hello All,

I was looking at this auction and there is a nru'ed bidder? Is this
weird?

He placed bids on dozens of auctions just prior to being NARU'd.

He has won (or is currently listed as high bidder) in 141 auctions in
just the last 30 days.

jim menning

Old April 13th 05, 10:49 PM
Anita

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:15:42 GMT, "jim menning"

He placed bids on dozens of auctions just prior to being NARU'd.

He has won (or is currently listed as high bidder) in 141 auctions in
just the last 30 days.

jim menning

The high bidder in one of my auctions was NARU'd a day or two before
the close of the auction. I was glad that eBay saved me the problem of
having to deal with a potential coin thief.

Did the bids of your auction readjust themselves as if the NARU'd
bidder had not bid? Or did they keep the bid in place so that the
numbers did not change?

Anita
Old April 14th 05, 12:51 AM
dmzcompute

jim menning wrote:
"xaviery4" wrote in message
Hello All,

I was looking at this auction and there is a nru'ed bidder? Is

this
weird?

He placed bids on dozens of auctions just prior to being NARU'd.

He has won (or is currently listed as high bidder) in 141 auctions in

just the last 30 days.

jim menning

I wonder if it is a highjacked account. His feedback is 100% and has
some as recent as last week. Since he only buys and does not sell
someone must have used his account.

David

Old April 14th 05, 03:04 AM
jim menning

"dmzcompute" wrote in message
oups.com...

I wonder if it is a highjacked account. His feedback is 100% and
has
some as recent as last week. Since he only buys and does not sell
someone must have used his account.

David

What would be the point to hijack an account as a buyer?

Hijacked accounts usually are for seller scams, not buyers that get
and leave positive feedback.

I see he is one of Frank Provasek's customers:

jim menning

Old April 14th 05, 03:04 AM
jim menning

"Anita" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:15:42 GMT, "jim menning"

He placed bids on dozens of auctions just prior to being NARU'd.

He has won (or is currently listed as high bidder) in 141 auctions
in
just the last 30 days.

jim menning

The high bidder in one of my auctions was NARU'd a day or two before
the close of the auction. I was glad that eBay saved me the problem
of
having to deal with a potential coin thief.

Did the bids of your auction readjust themselves as if the NARU'd
bidder had not bid? Or did they keep the bid in place so that the
numbers did not change?

We weren't talking about any of my auctions.

jim menning

Old April 14th 05, 04:06 AM
dmzcompute

You are probably right, but it just does not make any sense since all
he has is positive feedback and some recent auction wins. Maybe
someone in his family went crazy and bid on all sorts of auctions just
for fun and the owner cancelled the account because of it. Just a
thought.

David

Old April 14th 05, 04:12 AM
jim menning

"dmzcompute" wrote in message
oups.com...
You are probably right, but it just does not make any sense since
all
he has is positive feedback and some recent auction wins. Maybe
someone in his family went crazy and bid on all sorts of auctions
just
for fun and the owner cancelled the account because of it. Just a
thought.

David

The bidding itself doesn't look that unusual, other than they seem to
have lots of money to invest. The NARU may have been for any of
dozens of unknown reasons.

jim menning

Old April 14th 05, 04:14 AM
Jose Vega

hi,you're right xavier. Normally when ebay bans a member,they take their
buying priviliges+selling away. Or if a bidder bidded for an item
earlier,and later on,was banned from he ebay,that person is removed from
the bidder history. Iam surprise that did not happen to this fellow.
Maybe ebay allows now for someone to remain in the bidder history,as a
not register with ebay,until some outbids him/her.
Jose

Old April 15th 05, 03:39 AM
markansas859

"jim menning" wrote in message

"xaviery4" wrote in message
Hello All,

I was looking at this auction and there is a nru'ed bidder? Is this
weird?

He placed bids on dozens of auctions just prior to being NARU'd.

He has won (or is currently listed as high bidder) in 141 auctions in just
the last 30 days.

jim menning

seller needs to kick his bid out, otherwise, its a no sale