Does lamination devalue a poster?

Old January 7th 19, 01:03 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
[email protected]

Default Does lamination devalue a poster?

On Tuesday, June 3, 2003 at 11:14:40 PM UTC-5, Dahoov2 wrote:
For a poster, it would be more acceptable than a photo, did you know
they sell this gummy stuff like you see on magazines that holds the
lable to the magazine? That or this stuff that's like the consistency
of silly putty that doesn't ruin the poster or the walls. You might
try that. Problem with laminating is it yellows and eventually spilts
and it can bubble. If the poster is not particularly valuble. Go
ahead and do it and enjoy! If you are concerned about value, try not
to alter and maybe try the gummu solution.

On Sat, 31 May 2003 20:17:44 -0300, "D Redden"
wrote:

two of the posters are about 4 x 5 FEET in size, the third one is about 18"
x 24" and the vintage unsigned McQueen poster is as least 2 x 3 feet. I'd
like to put them on my wall where I can see and enjoy them but I don't want
to pin them and I can't frame them ( besides the expense I have a Cape
Cod--sloping walls...).

so you see my dilemma...

Donna

"Autographs" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
Why not put it in one of those plastic page protectors and then seal the
top? That way if you plan to sell it or pass it on to someone then that
person can decide if they want to keep it in the page protector or remove
it.

Stephen

"Todd F." wrote in message
thlink.net...
I feel that it would devalue it for anyone else who would want

buy it due the people want the original. Since it sounds like you will
never
sale it do with it what makes you happy. The thing is have you thought
about
what you would do with it after you pass on? Does the person you plan on
giving it to have the same feeling for it as you do, or would they want

sale it? If you don't care about what happens to it after you've passed

do
whatever you want to with it. I remember reading a story many years ago
how
a person laminated their entire baseball card collection. You name it,

the
big names were there. When they passed on and left it to their friends

and
family they just wanted to sale them... and couldn't get much for them
hehe..

Todd F.
--
Todd's Autograph Arena
http://www.toddsautographarena.com
"D Redden" wrote in message
I have several autographed theatre posters (which I know are legit)

that
would like to have laminated for protection, but I was wondering if th

is
would devalue them greatly--the autograph is not from a big star but

he
is
deceased. I have no intention of ever selling them--it's an "over my
cold
dead body" kind of thing but... I hesitate. I've laminated other
commonly,
or even not so commonly, available posters and put them on my wall
without
second thought, but they weren't signed.

I also recently purchased a vintage (approx 1970) photo poster
(unsigned)
of
Steve McQueen--apparently rare as it's an image I haven't seen

anywhere
else, in books or online, in the last six months I've been hunting for
McQueen stuff--it has pinholes on the white border--I'd like to trim

and
laminate, but should I? I'll never sell it. What to do what to do....

Your advice would be appreciated.

thanks
Donna

I am a paper collector with so much paper the fire dept hassles me about the fire load in the building because of my collections.I will laminate any item item that isnt worth tons of money (that i want to keep alive) because it preserves it.Old paper goes to hell in handbasket up north and you have to do something.All the purists halfwits are fools and probably have never put any money into their collections anyway.if you love an item you want to show it to other historians etc and if it is in shreds it aint no good to anyone.

Worth? 1999d quarter lamination error [email protected] Coins 4 June 5th 06 10:42 PM
1994-P Roosevelt Dime Lamination Error Scott McNair Coins 0 April 29th 06 10:19 PM
Quarter lamination error? [email protected] Coins 0 August 26th 05 04:26 PM
flan flaw lamination. gogu Coins 2 May 17th 04 10:17 PM
Well, I put it on eBay! 1966 Kennedy Lamination Error Fred Coins 4 August 24th 03 10:50 PM