FA: Closes Thursday. NGC MS60 1914-D Indian Gold Quarter Eagle..

Old November 13th 03, 08:39 AM
Harv

Default FA: Closes Thursday. NGC MS60 1914-D Indian Gold Quarter Eagle..

Less than one day left. Free shipping with "Buy It Now." in the US only.

Gold is currently at about $395.00 on an upward slope again to the magic
$400.00 an ounce. This is a problem-free coin and a tougher date in this
short series. In GEM grade it trends for thousands of dollars. It would make
a nice type coin if you have been looking for an affordable Indian Quarter
Eagle and don't want to risk buying a raw one.

ANA member, six years of perfect feedback. PayPal gladly accepted, otherwise
Money Orders or Bank Cashiers checks.

Thanks for looking..

Harv

Old November 13th 03, 02:29 PM
James McCown

I do not bid on auctions of U.S. sellers that refuse to take my check.
But I have no problem with them waiting a reasonable length of time
for the check to clear.

Another term of yours that inhibits bidders is:

"Payment should reach me in a max of one week after close. I consider
this reasonable, and if the winning bidder fails to pay in that time
frame, I reserve the right to cancel the sale and post negative
feedback, report non-paying bidders to eBay, add non-paying winners to
my blocked bidder list, and re-list the item and/or offer it to the
second highest bidder"

I have had sellers take longer than one week just to send me their
address. And often the post office takes more than one week to deliver
mail, especially during the holiday season.

Old November 13th 03, 03:18 PM
Harv

"Cliff" wrote in message

James,
I have to differ with your opinion. Harv offers very nice items and I
find his terms and policies completely agreeable. I can't blame him
for not wanting to take a check in general, but, have you ever
considered e-mailing him and asking if he would take a check from you?
I sold quite a few things on ebay and found that I was getting stuck
with quite a few bad checks. It really adds to your stress factor and
I can't blame anyone for not wanting to have to hassle with a check
that might bounce 30 days later.
I almost always pay via paypal and I tend to shy away from auctions
that won't take paypal. I usually pay as soon as the auction closes
and that way I don't have to think about it again until the item comes
in and I need to leave feedback.
Harv is one of the better sellers and you are doing yourself a
disservice by not bidding on his items.
Cliff

Thanks, Cliff. My check policy is there for a couple of reasons..
a) I like things to go quickly. I like to get paid quickly, and I ship very
quickly. Often the same day a PayPal payment arrives. In fact, sometimes I
feel downright guilty if someone pays me and I don't have their item in the
mail the same day or the next morning.

b) I will take a check from someone I know and not hold it. I've never had a
friend bounce a check on me. I have had ONE check from a stranger bounce on
me in six years of eBaying. It was an unpleasant experience.

c) I will take a check from someone I don't know but I'll deposit it and
wait for it to clear into my bank account before I ship. This slows
everything down. If someone wants to wait that long, then sure, they can
send me a check. But they'll wait until it clears into my account..

I say "No Personal Checks" simply because I prefer to be paid with instantly
cashable paper (as Banks like to say, Negotiable Instruments .. or with
PayPal. Like I said, I like things to go quickly. Ask anyone here who has
ever bought anything from me how quickly they got their item after they paid
me. Look at my feedback.

So James, if you want the coin and you want to pay me by personal check, go
ahead and bid. If you win, mail the check. When I get it, I'll deposit it to
my bank the same day it arrives. I'll ship the coin when it posts to my
account. This can take a day or two if it's an in state check, it can take a
few days to a week if it's an out of state check.

And like Cliff said, all you had to do is email and ask. If I expanded my
fine print and put in all the ifs ands and buts, it'd be so long, people
would fall asleep reading it. Cliff has bought from me a number of times.
You have his opinion of the stuff I sell, and the quality of my packing
abilities, and the speed with which I get stuff to my buyers, the
information I give them in email, and the speed with which I leave feedback.
I simply don't fool around. I like things to go cleanly, quickly, and
professionally. When I buy things on eBay I pay the same day and I don't
like to squrim waiting for someone to ship. When I sell things on eBay I
treat my buyers the same way I like to be treated. What comes around, goes
around, which is why I have a lot of repeat buyers. ..

Harv

Old November 14th 03, 12:32 AM
Bob Peterson

"James McCown" wrote in message
m...
I do not bid on auctions of U.S. sellers that refuse to take my check.
But I have no problem with them waiting a reasonable length of time
for the check to clear.

I am seriously considering a paypal only stance for any future auctions.
too much hassle with non-paying bidders with checks and cash.

Old November 14th 03, 12:34 AM
Bob Peterson

"Harv" wrote in message
.. .

"Cliff" wrote in message

[...]

I don't like money orders either, other then USPS money orders. There is no
real way to determine if a MO is even real or not becuase there are so many
issuers.