Sao Tome and Principe block

Old January 21st 05, 04:41 PM
Peter Fuchs

Default Sao Tome and Principe block

Hello,

does anyone know something about this block, issued by Sao Tome and
Principe?
When and why was it issued, what does the picture show?

http://img.chefkoch.de/./pictures/fo...kunbekannt.jpg

I cannot find this block in the catalogue (no pictures).

Thanks for help.

Peter

Old January 21st 05, 06:43 PM
PMATS5

Subject: Sao Tome and Principe block
From: "Peter Fuchs"
Date: 1/21/2005 10:41 AM Central Standard Time
Hello,

does anyone know something about this block, issued by Sao Tome and
Principe?
When and why was it issued, what does the picture show?

http://img.chefkoch.de/./pictures/fo...9817c3e85dd3b5

9b5/3156/medium_saotomeeprincipemi.blockunbekannt.jpg

Peter,

Closest I can come is Scott 822 Issued on Octoer 26, 1988. It is listed as a
35d Mushroom on wood and is priced at $4.00 in the 2005 Scott Catalog. There
is no picture but it does come close. What is the date on the cancellation?
The scan does not show that clearly.

George
Old January 21st 05, 09:12 PM
Peter Fuchs

Closest I can come is Scott 822 Issued on Octoer 26, 1988. It is listed
as a
35d Mushroom on wood and is priced at $4.00 in the 2005 Scott Catalog.
There
is no picture but it does come close. What is the date on the
cancellation?
The scan does not show that clearly.

George

Thank you George.

In the moment the picture server has problems so the picture can't be seen.

Peter

Old January 22nd 05, 08:11 AM
Peter Fuchs

On the cancellation ist no date, it's a word like "Correos" or similar.

Peter

Old January 23rd 05, 10:08 PM

From: "Peter Fuchs"
Date: 1/21/2005 10:41 AM Central Standard Time
Hello,

does anyone know something about this block, issued by Sao Tome and
Principe?
When and why was it issued, what does the picture show?

http://img.chefkoch.de/./pictures/fo...9817c3e85dd3b5
9b5/3156/medium_saotomeeprincipemi.blockunbekannt.jpg

Peter,

Closest I can come is Scott 822 Issued on Octoer 26, 1988. It is

listed as a
35d Mushroom on wood and is priced at $4.00 in the 2005 Scott

Catalog. There
is no picture but it does come close.

It's interesting that Scott lists it at all. SG stops real ST&PIs in
1977 with the 2nd Anniversary of Independence set and Appendixes to
1981. I have a few for 1982 (footballers and Picasso paintings) but
they're CTOs and look decidedly duneish. Linns says they only issue
"stamps for collectors":
http://www.trussel.com/stamps/smokin...ry/saotome.htm

Does anyone know what what ST&PI has been doing for real postage since
1977?

Chris

Old January 24th 05, 07:38 PM
Rodney

No luck in the "Stamp Atlas"

Two islands in the Gulf of Guinea
discovered by the Portuguese 1471 and populated
by their exiled criminals and sugar planters.
Port colony till 11 June 1951 .Ind Rep from 12 July 1975

Perhaps as Bhutan, some of their dunish issues are used postally.

Old January 25th 05, 01:31 PM
Eric Kenneth Bustad

The Portuguese exiled their suger planters?

--
= Eric Bustad, Norwegian bachelor programmer
Old January 25th 05, 07:58 PM
Rodney

quoted verbatim,
conclusion is yours