Mead clones Moleskine journals

Old August 31st 09, 12:15 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

Default Mead clones Moleskine journals

My last stop at Walmart revealed several journals by Mead that copy the
styling of the popular Moleskine books. Covers range from bonded leather in
black or brown to fashion colors. Pages are grid or lined. All have the
pocket on the inside back cover and an elastic to hold it all together.

--
~~Bluesea~~
Spam is great in musubi, but not in email.

Old August 31st 09, 12:19 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 19:15:32 -0400, Bluesea
wrote:

My last stop at Walmart revealed several journals by Mead that copy the
styling of the popular Moleskine books. Covers range from bonded leather
in
black or brown to fashion colors. Pages are grid or lined. All have the
pocket on the inside back cover and an elastic to hold it all together.

How is the quality of the paper? I'm considering getting some new
notebooks for my classes and I want one that can withstand a bit of
beating in my backpack. The normal ones are terrible, so I'm considering a
properly bound notebook. I'd like one with no lines on it.

Aaron W. Hsu

--
Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its
victims may be the most oppressive. -- C. S. Lewis
Old August 31st 09, 03:38 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Deirdre Saoirse Moen[_2_]

Aaron W. Hsu wrote:
How is the quality of the paper? I'm considering getting some new
notebooks for my classes and I want one that can withstand a bit of
beating in my backpack. The normal ones are terrible, so I'm considering a
properly bound notebook. I'd like one with no lines on it.

I don't know about the Mead ones, but Moleskine paper is spotty and varies
from okay to awful.

I tend to use Rhodia or Clairefontaine, but for pads I use Staples'
bagasse paper.

--
_Deirdre web: http://deirdre.net blog: http://dsmoen.livejournal.com/
"Memes are a hoax! Pass it on!"
Old August 31st 09, 03:53 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Aaron W. Hsu[_3_]

On Sun, 30 Aug 2009 22:38:27 -0400, Deirdre Saoirse Moen
wrote:

I don't know about the Mead ones

I just grabbed a Mead composition notebook. The paper certainly isn't
anything more than average, but it didn't feather and resisted bleeding
with my Extra Fine MB, so...that's good.

Aaron W. Hsu

Old September 2nd 09, 12:00 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

newsp.uzh0ef000p3ku8@localhost...
wrote:

My last stop at Walmart revealed several journals by Mead that copy the
styling of the popular Moleskine books. Covers range from bonded leather
in
black or brown to fashion colors. Pages are grid or lined. All have the
pocket on the inside back cover and an elastic to hold it all together.

How is the quality of the paper? I'm considering getting some new
notebooks for my classes and I want one that can withstand a bit of
beating in my backpack. The normal ones are terrible, so I'm considering a
properly bound notebook. I'd like one with no lines on it.

About the same as standard Mead quality that we're already used to. I didn't
notice any plain pages, but I didn't look inside all the books, either.

Old September 2nd 09, 12:02 AM posted to alt.collecting.pens-pencils
Bluesea[_3_]

"Deirdre Saoirse Moen" wrote in message

I tend to use Rhodia or Clairefontaine, but for pads I use Staples'
bagasse paper.

Have you tried the Quo Vadis Habana? If so, what's it like?