eBay seller: "goldnblack" - legit?

Old July 6th 03, 08:39 PM
UnAmuzd1

Default eBay seller: "goldnblack" - legit?

All,

I'm looking at a poster being sold by an ebay seller with the ID goldnblack.
The seller seems to deal primarily in signed posters:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...userid=goldnbl
ack&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

I put in a low bid on one of the posters and asked the seller to take a digital
picture of the signatures, since the posters are all "too big to scan" (duh
much?). I never got so much as a peep in response.

All the auctions are private, and the seller's tone in responding to comments
(even positive ones) is pretty unpleasant; but I can deal with unpleasant, if
the items are legit.

Anyone have any experience with this seller?

thanks,

Un

Old July 6th 03, 09:09 PM
Brothernorton

Hello,

I've never dealt with this person before. But there are several things you
should know before buying autographs on an internet auction: 1) never deal with
someone who uses a private auction. There is no reason to have privacy when
selling autographs. This dealer's claim of spam isn't justified. I've been
dealing with ebay for many years and haven't had a problem. 2) If you can't
see the signatures to begin with don't even bid. 3) This dealer offers a COA
but doesn't explain his return policy. Not being able to see the signatures
before you buy an item is like throwing your money in a fire. The dealer can't
even respond to your email ... what happens when you get the item and the
signatures don't look anything like what they are supposed to? Always research
the signatures and make sure the dealer is a member of an autograph
organization (the IACC-DA or UACC for example).
Feel free to email me with any questions.

-Rob

Old July 7th 03, 01:49 AM
Barefootmk

dude there are many problems here
1) there are no autographs on any of these posters he's showing for sale. he
has access to the posters but not the autographs....hahahahahaha.
2) he has private feedback and private bidders.
3)if he wanted to sell these posters and get anywhere near what they are worth.
you'd think he's show the autographs on there. with maybe multiple looks so you
can see the autographs individually.
4) photos of some of the celebrities signing would be nice.
5) he has all sorts of hard people on his posters and he has all the stars. i
have to say that i am working on several posters myself and none of them are
this complete.....AND I LIVE IN L.A. AND CHASE AUTOGRAPHS ALL THE TIME.
6) he's got quite a few posters wit VERY VERY low starting prices.
i wouldn't jsut stay away from this guys junk...i'd run.
by the way, there is a good chance that eric bana from the hulk is harder to
get than russell crowe and he has them both.
7) this guy is in new orleans. other than fights, and sets. movie stars never
go there.
just my opinion. but i 'd pull your bids and stay out of this guys reach.
Old July 7th 03, 06:17 AM
Theo

Why wouldn't goldnblack show pics of the autographs? I noticed this
seller a few days ago when I was on ebay and I was suspicious the
minute I saw the poster pics with no autographs on them. I'm sure
he'll have some further excuse for not showing them but whatever it is
it's BS. I have a lot of experience with ebay - but not buying
autographs or posters.

Did you check his "reviews"? There seems to be a lot of "praise" as
well as a number of negatives (I didn't go far enough back to read
them all) and you're right he's got an attitude (read his responses).
But since all the auctions are "private" you can't go back and check
the bid history, etc yourself to see if they were legit. It just
looks funny. Why give your money to an uncooperative asshole? Save
your money - buy real estate.
Old July 7th 03, 07:35 AM
UnAmuzd1

Theo wrote:

Why give your money to an uncooperative asshole? Save
your money - buy real estate.

Actually, one of the reasons I didn't bother bidding higher was that I *am*
buying a house. I figured for $5, I'd like to have the poster. But unless
he sent me images of the signatures themselves (which he never did, in the 5 or
6 days he had between the time I emailed him and the time the auction ended) I
wasn't going above $5. Someone else did.

Thanks to everyone for the advice!

Un