conflict help please

Old October 29th 05, 10:11 PM
* *

Default conflict help please

the customer is ALWAYS right when YOU are at fault!
i know it can be tough and we all want to find someone else to take the
blame. you should have told him you will correct the problem by paying
the shipping and sending him a FREE coin for his trouble. (keep a few
cheap slabbed coins handy) never challenge a customer
when he's payed his money for something he didn't get. if you handled it
right, you could of had a customer for life.

Old October 31st 05, 04:15 PM
Dave Hinz

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:11:46 -0400, * * wrote:
the customer is ALWAYS right when YOU are at fault!

OK, maybe I _am_ reading a different thread than others are. As I see
it, the guy shipped the wrong order to someone and is making it right.
I don't see him evading the question - if he was, would he post it to
Usenet?

i know it can be tough and we all want to find someone else to take the
blame.

I don't see him doing that, at all.

A few months back, I sold a stamp - US Scott number 113, I think. The
buyer found a defect that I hadn't noticed, and wrote back saying "I am
not happy, how are you going to straighten this out?" I told him to
send the stamp back and I'd refund his full purchase price plus shipping
price. He sent it back priority/insured. So, it cost me 6 bucks or so
to get back the stamp. I refunded him the full purchase price, the full
shipping price, and a bit extra on top of it. He left me a positive
feedback, spent some non-trivial time educating me on how to see (and
image for auctions) a stamp with that particular defect, and when I get
around to re-listing it, he offered to preview my description to help me
make sure it's accurate.

A mistake can turn into an educational situation _if_ both sides handle
it correctly. When the other guy jumps up and down, frothing at the
mouth, there's not much point in trying to reason with them; just make
the problem go away. And actually, a positive feedback of:
"found problem with the item, seller gave fast full refund" is, to me,
a better indication of the seller's character than just another
"g@@d s3ller!1!1!eleventy!11! More honest than the Pope! Th@nK$!".

It's a two way street. Mistakes happen. How the buyer, and seller,
respond to the mistake decides how the mistake will get fixed.

Old October 31st 05, 05:51 PM
Dave Hinz

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:13:58 GMT, e wrote:
In article , Dave Hinz wrote:

It's a two way street. Mistakes happen. How the buyer, and seller,
respond to the mistake decides how the mistake will get fixed.

i have learned to mark similar packages when i make them up.

When I have auctions end, I make up an envelope with the buyer's ebay
name written in pencil on the back. Stuff the envelopes until I get
through the whole list of sales. Then, I print out the PayPal shipping
lists (or the paper the buyer sends me if they pay by check/MO). That
paper stays with the coins, each sale in a different stack. I pack and
seal one envelope/buyer at a time, but I don't mail any of that day's
stuff until they all work out.

Haven't screwed up yet in ~200 items, but of course just saying that
guarantees it'll happen now. Ah well.

Dave

Old November 1st 05, 03:19 AM
Padraic Brown

On 31 Oct 2005 16:15:30 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 17:11:46 -0400, * * wrote:
the customer is ALWAYS right when YOU are at fault!

OK, maybe I _am_ reading a different thread than others are. As I see
it, the guy shipped the wrong order to someone and is making it right.
I don't see him evading the question - if he was, would he post it to
Usenet?

Well, Dave, all I can say is you and I are reading the same thread.
"**" and beekeep (who I had thought was a decent fellow -- recent
exchange has quite got me to wondering) are reading some other thread
and must be posting responses here in thìs thread.

Very strange.

[...]

S.O.P. There's nothing at all wrong with asking for the defective
merchandise first. This is how any company that sells things, at least
in the US, does business. I know, as I have returned a few items.
Sometimes their procedures are a bit over the top, but they all boil
down to "you send us the thing, then we send you the money". Same goes
on with Ebay auctions all the time. Read some "return policies" and
you'll see that soon enough!

A mistake can turn into an educational situation _if_ both sides handle
it correctly. When the other guy jumps up and down, frothing at the
mouth, there's not much point in trying to reason with them; just make
the problem go away. And actually, a positive feedback of:
"found problem with the item, seller gave fast full refund" is, to me,
a better indication of the seller's character than just another
"g@@d s3ller!1!1!eleventy!11! More honest than the Pope! Th@nK$!".

It's a two way street. Mistakes happen. How the buyer, and seller,
respond to the mistake decides how the mistake will get fixed.

In this case, the buyer screwed up royally. He had absolutely no
excuse for his boorish behaviour. Sorry, beekeep, you've been into the
venom again and it's addling your wits. "e", whoever he is, is doing
the right things.

Padraic.

la cieurgeourea provoer mal trasfu
ast meiyoer ke 'l andrext ben trasfu.

conflict help please beekeep Coins 9 November 1st 05 03:06 AM
conflict help please Brian Harrison Coins 0 October 29th 05 09:57 PM
Conflict over contract to print Kenya banknotes stonej Coins 0 August 4th 05 08:58 PM
Does anyone else collect books about the Vietnam Conflict? Art Layton Books 8 April 15th 04 05:00 PM