I Want To Buy Junk Silver Coins

Old October 30th 05, 03:07 AM
James Higby

Default I Want To Buy Junk Silver Coins

"jeff" wrote in message
James Higby wrote:
"* *" wrote in message

why so bitter?

i'll pray God will bless you as much as he's blessed me!

Not bitter at all. I have trouble with folks who go to the lengths you
have done to hide their identity (* *) and then throw out a $5000 hook.
We don't regularly see your footprint here, such as it is. The world is
full of hucksters, and you may or may not be one. How about telling us
who you are, what your numismatic interests are, and proposing a real
transaction?

James

Well, that does raise an interesting (to me, at least) question: is there
any legal requirement that a person's name be made up of alphabetic
characters? I have, in fact, known several people with '-'s in their
names - so why not '*'? "Howdy, Mr. Higby, I'm Manfred *. Meet my wife \,
and my kids, &( and Justine."

Jeff $%^#@%

Remember Prince, the artist formerly known as "[can't find the ASCII symbol
for symbol]" formerly known as Prince? He's living proof of it!

Ja'me-s
'ειοτω and sometimes ₯'

Old October 30th 05, 03:31 AM
* *

sounds good to me! no harm done...

Old October 30th 05, 06:09 AM

A very simple solution is to look in the yellow pages for three coin
dealers near you. Call each one and politely ask for their sell price
on a $1,000 bag of junk silver. I think you will be amazed at how close
the three prices are. If anybody is significantly higher, you will know
to avoid him. If anybody is long a bag of silver that day, he might
just give you a better price to move it quickly. However, you should be
aware that if you do not make a decision quickly, he may sell it
elsewhere and the cheaper price will evaporate.
TD

Old October 30th 05, 03:28 PM
* *

ty...that is what i plan to do after some consideration.

i may have to wait a couple of weeks since wilma knocked out power to
most of the local
coin shops.

lucky for me, my power was back up after 2 and a half days.

Old October 31st 05, 01:15 AM
Porfiry

I asked my local dealer if he would match Tulving's price and he did.
Later he beat it. He thoroughly picks through the coins so they are
guaranteed to have no values. I have not bought silver from Tulving but
have received excellent service on gold.

For what it is worth

Porfiry Petrovitch

* * wrote:
I am interested in buying junk silver coins.
I see a few dealer ads in coin mags and publications. I just don't know
who to trust with my $5000+ investment.

Can you guys recommend an honest dealer???

Old October 31st 05, 01:39 AM
Bob Peterson

brick and mortar dealers often can afford to give good prices on this stuff.
the s/h cost makes it not worthwhile to ship small quantites so they pay
less for it than you might think. one dealer here in town often sells the
stuff at close to spot.

ups.com...