golf

Old August 12th 06, 07:08 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
KC

Default golf

We went to the skins game in Banff AB, CAN this past week. We got all of
the boys there. Jack Nicklaus, John Daly, Sergio Garcia, Stephen Ames, and
Greg Norman ( who maybe signed 75 things both days). My wife rocks, she
stood between mostly men and all the golfers seemed to go right for her.
Any advice as to how to protect the items. 1 book and the rest are on
magazinez.

Old August 12th 06, 03:44 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
pe2

Greetings-

If you're getting programs or 8x10's signed; best advice is acid free ultra
pro 9x11 pages. The programs will fit well in a "D" size binder. Other wise,
if you want to frame and display them, that would be costly....

Golf balls-my friend has a shadow box, which holds about 50 balls, and has
different logos and ads on the balls. He has 1 ball per slot, and the
display is hanging on the wall. If these have been autographed-best advice
would do something similar, but I'd go one step further and put a glass door
on the shadow box..

Was this helpful?

Old August 12th 06, 03:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Very cool (and that is a good tip about the wife). Great on Niccklaus
and Norman especially. There was a debate on TV the other day on a
sports channel I was watching (I know right! LOL) and they were
asking the guest who was the greatest golfer of all time Tiger Woods
or Jack Nicklaus. The went down a list of stats and both concurred
Nicklaus, but Woods is young and could in his lifetime surpass him but
both would be up there many years before anyone would ever catch or
match them.

What did you get signed? Michael's sells a golf ball rack. That's a
nice way to store those. They do sell magazine binder clips (strips
that go inside binders where you slide the magazine half through and
it stabilizes it). Or you could get one of those magazine boxes.
Card the backs and use poly bags like you do comics. I have mine in
regular 8x10 sheets (a couple of them( in binders) but they sag and
drag as you put them on and off the shelf. So I don't suggest that.
If you store them in a box, make sure it's acid free or if it's
plastci, use either desiccant pack in there and acid free sheets or
tissue paper at the top and bottom (will keep them from yellowing and
keep the moisture out).