Fakes and Terrorism (Again)

Old June 1st 05, 05:12 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On 31 May 2005 19:06:22 -0700, "Anka" wrote:

What a cheapskate. Sheesh.

Very funny -- I'm assuming you were trying to be funny here, but you
and I both know you weren't. I guess if you were in my shoes (your
feet would need to be bigger), you would have offered her double her
fee, since from what you write above you must be the opposite of a
cheapskate.

In truth, she was very happy signing up our two kids for the price of
one, as I said. We chatted on the phone for about ten minutes after
this, and I'm as confident as I can be from a phone conversation that
she's a skilled and caring teacher.

The other truth is how bizarre it is that you two call me names
(cheapskate and tightarse) for negotiating this. I don't think you
realize how truly bizarre you're acting. I know. You do it on Usenet
because you can. And then you get mad when you get belligerence back
in return. LOL.

--

Email: (delete "remove this")

Consumer:
http://rg.ancients.info/guide
Connoisseur: http://rg.ancients.info/glom
Counterfeit: http://rg.ancients.info/bogos
Old June 1st 05, 05:27 PM
Anka

Reid Goldsborough wrote:

Very funny -- I'm assuming you were trying to be funny here, but you
and I both know you weren't. I guess if you were in my shoes (your
feet would need to be bigger), you would have offered her double her
fee, since from what you write above you must be the opposite of a
cheapskate.

No, -I- would have paid her fairly: two fees for two students, you
cheapskate.

In truth, she was very happy signing up our two kids for the price of
one, as I said. We chatted on the phone for about ten minutes after
this, and I'm as confident as I can be from a phone conversation that
she's a skilled and caring teacher.

If so, then she deserves 100% of the fee and not half.

The other truth is how bizarre it is that you two call me names
(cheapskate and tightarse) for negotiating this. I don't think you
realize how truly bizarre you're acting. I know. You do it on Usenet
because you can. And then you get mad when you get belligerence back
in return. LOL.

LOL... Cheapskate.

Old June 1st 05, 05:30 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:02:59 +1000, "Jeff R"
wrote:

Are you aware of the concept of "changing jobs"?
I've been a:
* writer,
* editor,
* proofreader.

I'm not now. I work in a different field.

What exactly do you do as a profession? You said you used to make a
living as a writer. You've repeatedly criticized and flamed me and my
writing, and you've taken it to the remarkable extreme of doing it not
only in this newsgroup but in multiple graphics- and animation-laden
Web pages. I know. You don't spend a lot of time with this, and you're
not obsessed, not at all. You said so yourself. But you sure do come
across as another one of these bitter people passed over in life and
having a huge chip on your shoulder. Tell us about your life
accomplishments and what this "different field" is that you work in.

Old June 1st 05, 07:57 PM
Edward McGrath

Jeff in Australia is the official tidy bowl man. Take a seat folks and
try to sink his boat : )

Old June 2nd 05, 06:12 AM
Reid Goldsborough

On 1 Jun 2005 09:27:28 -0700, "Anka" wrote:

No, -I- would have paid her fairly: two fees for two students, you
cheapskate.

Fees are often *negotiable.* Prices are often *negotiable.* In
numismatics and elsewhere. Not all fees and all prices, of course. And
not as much in general in our society as in some others, where
virtually everything is negotiable. Still, much is negotiable here,
and when a win-win situation results from negotiating, both parties
win. Duh.

You have every right to choose never to negotiate anything, to always
pay the asking price, in numismatics and elsewhere. But your calling
me a cheapstake for negotiating is pure ignorance. Truth is, you're
not this dumb. You're just being belligerent again. Or maybe you've
realized that you've been paying far more for your coins than you
could have been and you're in some kind of weird, angry
self-justification mode. That's it, isn't it? You can tell me.

Old June 2nd 05, 11:28 AM
Anka

Reid Goldsborough wrote:
Truth is, you're
not this dumb. You're just being belligerent again. Or maybe you've
realized that you've been paying far more for your coins than you
could have been and you're in some kind of weird, angry
self-justification mode. That's it, isn't it? You can tell me.

Actually, no. It has nothing to do with my coins. I just think you're
a cheapskate.

~Anka

Old June 2nd 05, 04:34 PM
Reid Goldsborough

On 2 Jun 2005 03:28:58 -0700, "Anka" wrote:

Actually, no. It has nothing to do with my coins. I just think you're
a cheapskate.

I believe everything you're saying, that it has nothing to do with
your coins. Every last word.

Old June 2nd 05, 05:27 PM
Jeff R

"Reid Goldsborough" wrote in message

...Tell us about your life
accomplishments and what this "different field" is that you work in.

Why, sure, Reid.

My vocation?

My four children: One son, three daughters. All four of them beautiful,
healthy, well-balanced and creative individuals. So different in
personalities as to make me suspect heredity. (joke).

The three older ones at university (I think you'd call it "college"?)
studying, variously:

* optoelectronics (#1 son, 3/4 completed);
* sports sciences (#1 daughter, 2/3 completed);
* environmental science (#2 daughter, just started this year);

* #3 daughter blitzing the competition in her final year at high school.

All four:

* have no interest (AFAIK) in recreational drugs;
* neither smoke nor drink to excess;
* choose (AFAIK) sensible and pleasant friends and partners;
* occupy themselves in their free time independently and constructively;
* hold down part-time jobs, despite being full-time students;
* understand and display good manners;
* do well in their studies ('though the boy is touch-and-go at times);
* deal with frustrations and complications in a mature and constructive
fashion;

and most miraculously of all:

* love their mean, cranky old daddy; and show that affection freely.

===========================
Who needs a "job"?
===========================

I am not defined by my "profession", nor by the man who writes my salary
cheques.

Yet you asked a question, and it would be gracious of me to answer it, so:

Tell you what, Reid.
You answer the questions (and charges and accusations) I've put to you in my
I said but never actually said) and I will post a link to my work website
(again!)

--
Jeff R.

* #3 daughter blitzing the competition in her final year at high school.

Yikes. Four kids in school. How do you afford collecting coins?

;-)

Anka ---- not to get too personal...

* #3 daughter blitzing the competition in her final year at high school.

Yikes. Four kids in school. How do you afford collecting coins?

;-)

Anka ---- not to get too personal...

Oh, easy...
I just haggle over the price of *everything*!

I'm sure I could get the universities to cut me a special deal - y'know -
three for the price of one, but sadly they're at different campuses.

--
Jeff R.
(or is that "campii"?)