Where do I find the value of a 100 dollar bill?

Old July 1st 03, 03:30 AM
phil small p

Default Where do I find the value of a 100 dollar bill?

(Tom Peters) wrote in message . com...
Hi All,
I was just wondering if a 100 dollar bill I recently found might be
worth something. I hardly think it is, but it never hurts to ask.

It is a 1934 C series 100 dollar bill.
It says Federal Reserve Note along the top of the bill.
I don't know what other kind of information to provide to see if it
might be worth more than the face value.

anyone?

Thanks,
Tom

You may be able to find out in rec.collecting.paper money
hth-phil
Old July 1st 03, 01:54 PM
AnswerMan2

I was just wondering if a 100 dollar bill I recently found might be
worth something. I hardly think it is, but it never hurts to ask.

It is a 1934 C series 100 dollar bill.

The 1934 series notes in denominations from $5 to $100 are still very common
and usually will not carry a premium unless the note is crisp uncirculated,
with no wear and no folds of any kind. The '34s are the topic of almost daily
questions.
Alan Herbert
The AnswerMan

Old July 1st 03, 02:14 PM
Harv

"Tom Peters" wrote in message
om...
Hi All,
I was just wondering if a 100 dollar bill I recently found might be
worth something. I hardly think it is, but it never hurts to ask.

It is a 1934 C series 100 dollar bill.
It says Federal Reserve Note along the top of the bill.
I don't know what other kind of information to provide to see if it
might be worth more than the face value.

anyone?

Thanks,
Tom

From the Price Guide in the May 2003 issue of "Bank Note Reporter" which is
a tabloid published by Krause, a 1934 C $100.00 Federal Reserve Note
(Julian - Snyder Signatures).. is priced at..

$175.00 in VF (Very Fine)
$275.00 in CU (Crisp Uncirculated)

If it's VF or better, don't spend it. It has collector value above face
value..

If you got lucky and it's a Star note (a Star at the end of its serial
number)::
$1200.00 in VF
$3000.00 in CU

I'm a coin guy and not much of a currency guy so I can't tell you what it
takes for it to grade VF but they don't show any prices below that, so if
it's really raggy and worn it's probably not worth much more than face value
unless it's a Star..

Harv

Old July 1st 03, 11:34 PM
David Ryan

Tom Peters wrote:

Hi All,
I was just wondering if a 100 dollar bill I recently found might be
worth something. I hardly think it is, but it never hurts to ask.

It is a 1934 C series 100 dollar bill.
It says Federal Reserve Note along the top of the bill.
I don't know what other kind of information to provide to see if it
might be worth more than the face value.

anyone?

Thanks,
Tom

Generally on the corners.
Old July 3rd 03, 01:03 AM
Bruce Remick

david getlin wrote:

hello..........i have about 600 indian head pennies.........all collected
when i was a youngster...........i have no idea their worth but i would like
to sell them all at one time.........how would i do this.........thanks

If you're over 90 years old, I would really like to talk to you.

Bruce
Old July 3rd 03, 03:06 AM
Joe Fischer

david getlin wrote:
: hello..........i have about 600 indian head pennies.........all collected
: when i was a youngster...........i have no idea their worth but i would like
: to sell them all at one time.........how would i do this.........thanks

I'll buy them.

Joe Fischer

--
3