A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Rowe Ami R-84

Old April 9th 13, 11:27 AM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Apr 2013
Default Rowe Ami R-84

Hello, im the proud owner of an R-84 DISCO its been in storage for a while and i have a few issues ,

the number 7 when selecting dosent operate,

and also at the moment i seem to have lost all sound, when i turn it on i hear a clunk which tells me yes there is power to the amp etc...and this is only recent as i did have sound but it ocassionally cut out....any ideas anyone ?

also when playing a b side the grab gets the track it puts it on the turntable, the arm comes over to play it, then it decides thats it and then puts the record back in its slot ...it plays the A sides fine (although no sound at the moment...)

any help truly appreciated
Ads
Old April 10th 13, 10:14 AM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Charles View Post
Hello, im the proud owner of an R-84 DISCO its been in storage for a while and i have a few issues ,

and also at the moment i seem to have lost all sound, when i turn it on i hear a clunk which tells me yes there is power to the amp etc...and this is only recent as i did have sound but it ocassionally cut out....any ideas anyone ?

also when playing a b side the grab gets the track it puts it on the turntable, the arm comes over to play it, then it decides thats it and then puts the record back in its slot ...it plays the A sides fine (although no sound at the moment...)

Hello David,

You need to check all of the connection pins on all of the boards starting with the power supply unit and working your way through them for dry joints (cold joints USA) only resolder these if you can solder correctly, they need to be desoldered cleaned and resoldered. What you are looking for is cracking around the solder around the pins. More than likely this will be the couse of your number 7 not working, check the connections on the back of the number 7 switch, the connection pins on the keyboard and most inportantly the connection on the top and bottom connections of the pricing board.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Old August 24th 15, 03:16 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Apr 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Hood View Post
Hello David,

You need to check all of the connection pins on all of the boards starting with the power supply unit and working your way through them for dry joints (cold joints USA) only resolder these if you can solder correctly, they need to be desoldered cleaned and resoldered. What you are looking for is cracking around the solder around the pins. More than likely this will be the couse of your number 7 not working, check the connections on the back of the number 7 switch, the connection pins on the keyboard and most inportantly the connection on the top and bottom connections of the pricing board.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK
Thanks Alan, that query ressolved new problem exists where the carousel just keeps spinning when i first power it up....?any clues
Old August 26th 15, 02:00 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Charles View Post

Hello Dave,

You need to check for dry joints (called cold joints in the USA) on all of the connection pins on all of the boards.
It sounds as if you have board faults, and an issue with the amplifier.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

Regards
Alan

Alan Hood
ami-man
UK