Rockola 496-1XCD (w/CD)

Old January 31st 09, 05:30 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
jimw

Default Rockola 496-1XCD (w/CD)

Hi,
I just became aware of this forum group and hope to contribute. I've
been restoring jukeboxes & pinballs as a hobby for about 25 years and
now have a 1988 Rockola 496 XCD. I've done many Seeburgs, AMI/Rowe's
and Wurlitzers but this is my first Rock.
Does anyone out there have a owners manual (original or copy) for
this? I've tried Victory Glass, John Durfee, Ebay, etc. but all I find
is basic mech and amp adjustment info. About 7-8 pages.
I've also found a schematic, but what I need is the owners book. I
can't find info on the system 3 control unit and for the life of me
cant figure out how to set up the CD player selections. I think maybe
I'm stupid but what buttons do I push to make CD selections? All I see
are six letters in the CD title strip area. I have the 45's working
fine, mech and amp work good after a few adjustments but how the heck
do I select a CD?? I sure could use some help with this.
Thanks, ---Jim
Old January 31st 09, 07:49 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
WEade[_2_]

http://www.gameroomantiques.com/Manual.htm
Model 494, 496, 498, 1000, Not a complete service manual, but 50 xerox pages
of service information (no schematics) - $59.95

Old October 7th 12, 07:27 PM
Bob Raney Bob Raney is offline
Member

Location: Southern Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw View Post
[...]
Hello Jim,
Almost four years after your search I find this post! I just acquired a freebie: 1989 Rockola 498XCD jukebox. Sitting by a curb waiting for a trash hauler to come and pick it up and haul away; I grabbed it. So, did you ever find the info you were looking for and where? I've just started my searching. Just Jukin wants $55.00 for similar info manuals but nothing on setting up the CD operations. www.jukebox-world.de shows a serial number database and gives only 1 Serial Number in their records list: 51083. What's your serial number so I'll add two more to their lists. Bob N. Hollywood, Ca
Old February 22nd 15, 05:38 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tim Watson

On Saturday, January 31, 2009 at 11:30:55 AM UTC-5, VTjim wrote:
[...]

The lady I do service for has all the manuals on a 496-1, the System 3 Cntrlr on that system is 55130-1A, she also has the schematic for 55115-1A. She does have an issue with the controller, that brought me here. Thanks, Tim
Old June 9th 17, 06:46 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
[email protected]

Could I get a copy of that manual? Sort of lost on how to diagnose problems.
Old August 15th 17, 02:32 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Robert DeFayette

How are you today I saw your post about the manual (i know it's a couple years old) but I was wondering if I could get a copy of the 496 manual. Having a couple issues that I'm stuck on. Thanks, Bob