fraudulent seller

Old July 9th 03, 06:31 PM
William M. Klimon

Default fraudulent seller

"Kris Baker" wrote in message ...

Good work (although I wish your friend would have asked why
this "physician" cribbed from another seller's auctions).

Not surprisingly, there is no "cristian argesanu" licensed as a health
care professional of any kind in Michigan:

http://www.cis.state.mi.us/free/default.asp

Has anyone gotten word from eBay when these auctions will be closed
down?

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com
Old July 9th 03, 08:43 PM
Kris Baker

"William M. Klimon" wrote in message
m...
"Kris Baker" wrote in message

Good work (although I wish your friend would have asked why
this "physician" cribbed from another seller's auctions).

Not surprisingly, there is no "cristian argesanu" licensed as a health
care professional of any kind in Michigan:

http://www.cis.state.mi.us/free/default.asp

Has anyone gotten word from eBay when these auctions will be closed
down?

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

eBay doesn't reveal what action they take....although
I've found that "no reply" means "nothing"....and if I
get something like "we've taken action", I can go look
and see a NARU.

I forgot to ask for the headers from the email, so we
could see where the "cristian argesanu" email came
from. If it's foreign, I'm suspicious of the high-feedback
bidders.

BIG WHOOPS TIME, FOLKS: notice how the spelling
of the name changes -- I didn't catch this the first time:

Old July 9th 03, 09:18 PM
Jerry Morris

Below is a copy of the complaint I just sent to ebay. In the initial
reply, ebay said that an investigation of item number 3534210861 had
already been initiated.

If you wish to make a complaint to ebay about this seller. just follow
the guidelines Robert Mindelec provided:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/basics/select-RS.html
questionable content on ebayprohibited or questionable
itemsautographed items.

Here's a copy of my complaint:

Ebay is perpetuating a fraud as long as the listings of artgallery10
remain open. Item number 3534210861, Hemingway Bell Tolls *Signed
1st.1st is already up to $750. It was not signed by Hemingway; however,
the seller implies that Hemingway signed it; the signature is imprinted
on every copy on the book. Item number 3535409159, Benjamin Franklin
Poor Richard's Almanack, is said to contain the 1757 Almanack. It is a
reprint from the 1970s worth $20 at the most. It is already up to
$109.50. I queried the seller asking for the publication date. He
replied that there was no date, but it contained the 1757 Almanack. I
can send you the email with headers. Two other auctions, 3534218757 and
3535409159 are also questionable. The seller purports to be a physician;
yet he is not listed in his state registry. The seller has an (11)
feedback rating which is highly questionable. He received feedbacks from
different "buyers" at 18:29:58 18:33:47 18:51:33 18:56:19 and 19:00:56
on Jun-29-03, and at 07:07:06 07:13:26 07:17:56 and 07:24:03 on
Jun-30-03. To me, that is too much of a coincidence and bears looking
into. artgallery10 is making a mockery of the ebay auction system, and
ebay is helping to perpetuate the fraud by allowing the listings to
remain open.
Jerry Morris

Welcome to My Library:
http://community-2.webtv.net/MoiBibl...OKSABOUTBOOKS/ or
www.moislibrary.com (very slow to link) and My Sentimental Library
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view

Old July 10th 03, 03:58 AM
Joseph Niedbala

Well, even though checking his feedback won't reveal what the links to his
previous auctions, his auction history is NOT private. All of his previous
auctions to date were posters of "Starry Night" and all went for between $.99
and $1.99. A small price to pay in terms of auction fees for some feedback.

As for his current auctions -- anyone find it weird that all his "original
art" auctions have exactly the same photo of the back of the painting?? Same
frame, same stretcher, same butcher paper backing with the same shadows and
same handling marks? Same. Damn. Photo.

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003 15:43:51 -0400, Kris Baker wrote
(in message ):

Old July 10th 03, 04:48 AM
Kris Baker

"Joseph Niedbala" wrote in message
Well, even though checking his feedback won't reveal what the links to his
previous auctions, his auction history is NOT private. All of his previous
auctions to date were posters of "Starry Night" and all went for between

$.99
and $1.99. A small price to pay in terms of auction fees for some

feedback.

I feel so stupid; for some reason, I didn't go back that far.
I wish I'd mentioned that in my summary of the feedback
(dates they joined eBay, etc) earlier today.

antiques543( 0 )
Praise : Very pleasent seller . Beautiful diamond ring .
Exactly as described . Thanks

Diamond ring??? Since he started his eBay "career"
only a few weeks ago and never auctioned one, what's
that about? Another lie. Obviously, it was one of those
99 - cent "Starry Night" things ... as are the other
feedbacks.

I'm starting to think this is a joke by a bunch of college
kids doing a research paper on "How easy it is to scam
on eBay!'

As for his current auctions -- anyone find it weird that all his "original
art" auctions have exactly the same photo of the back of the painting??

Same
frame, same stretcher, same butcher paper backing with the same shadows

and
same handling marks? Same. Damn. Photo.

That Same. Damn. Photo. looks like the back of a 1930s
framed print ... and it's definitely not an image of the
canvas shown with the "Rowney" canvas supplier image.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3536108864.

I see that he moved to "Saint Clair Shores" for his Great Art
auctions, rather than using the non-chic "Grand Rapids"
locale as in the book auctions.

Kris

Old July 10th 03, 04:53 AM
Jon Meyers

"Joseph Niedbala" wrote...
Well, even though checking his feedback won't reveal what the links to his
previous auctions, his auction history is NOT private. All of his previous
auctions to date were posters of "Starry Night" and all went for between

$.99
and $1.99. A small price to pay in terms of auction fees for some

feedback.

As for his current auctions -- anyone find it weird that all his "original
art" auctions have exactly the same photo of the back of the painting??

Same
frame, same stretcher, same butcher paper backing with the same shadows

and
same handling marks? Same. Damn. Photo.

Pretty funny.

And no one's mentioned the Eugene O'Neill book yet.

O'Neill's "Long Day's Journey Into Night," which the seller says was
published in 1956, and *repeatedly* notes in his description is a "true
first" and "1st edition AND 1st printing," is quite clearly a ninth
printing, from 1957, looking at the scan of the copyright page. Oh--the
listing title also says the book is signed, but there's no evidence of any
signature in either the description or pictures.

The "Cat in the Hat" listing is also a joke. This is a tricky 1st to
identify, with issue points on the jacket, and this copy has no dj. The
listing makes no mention of any 1st printing identifiers, although there are
quoted values for "this edition ; these issue points!"

--
Jon Meyers
[To reply,

Old July 10th 03, 04:03 PM
William M. Klimon

A win for the good guys:

"Please be advised that the following auction:

3534218757 - HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN*Signed 1st.1st + NR!

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to the account
suspension of
the seller.
All results for this auction are null and void."

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...d=artgallery10

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com
Old July 10th 03, 05:46 PM
Kris Baker

"William M. Klimon" wrote in message
om...
A win for the good guys:

"Please be advised that the following auction:

3534218757 - HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN*Signed 1st.1st + NR!

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to
the account suspension of the seller.
All results for this auction are null and void."

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...d=artgallery10

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

YAY!

Now...onward and upward to the next "new" guy selling those
items

Kris

Old July 10th 03, 06:20 PM
John Yamamoto-Wilson

Kris Baker wrote:

YAY!

A victory, indeed, but don't celebrate *too* wildly. I succeeded in getting
a roguish (if not rogue) trader removed from ABE and another NARUed on
eBay - both were back in business a few weeks later and are still in
business to this day.

--
John
http://rarebooksinjapan.com

Old July 10th 03, 06:31 PM
MindElec

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:46:57 GMT, "Kris Baker"
declared:

"William M. Klimon" wrote in message
. com...
A win for the good guys:

"Please be advised that the following auction:

3534218757 - HANS CHRISTIAN ANDERSEN*Signed 1st.1st + NR!

was ended early by eBay. The auction was ended due to
the account suspension of the seller.
All results for this auction are null and void."

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...d=artgallery10

William M. Klimon
http://www.gateofbliss.com

YAY!

Now...onward and upward to the next "new" guy selling those
items

it'll have to be a new set, of new guys. his buddies are NARU too.

robert

"there must be one night in your life that you will remember forever.
The must be one night for everyone. And if you know that the night
is coming on and that this night will be that particular night, then
take it and don't question it and don't talk about it to anyone ever
after that. For if you let it pass it might not come again. Many have
let it pass, many have seen it go by and have never seen another like it,
when all the circumstances of weather, light, moon and time, of night hill
and warm grass and train and town and distance were balanced upon the
trembling of a finger."