A collecting forum. CollectingBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CollectingBanter forum » Collecting newsgroups » Juke Boxes
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

1939 Rock Ola Standard jukebox

Old October 4th 15, 06:17 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Oct 2015
Default 1939 Rock Ola Standard jukebox

I am having trouble getting any volume on my jukebox. I tried to adjust the volume with the volume control. I installed a new needle but I still am unable to get any volume. i;m not sure what the problem is, can anyone help me?
Ads
Old October 5th 15, 12:26 AM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson
external usenet poster

Default 1939 Rock Ola Standard jukebox

On 10/04/2015 10:17 AM, Tom DiFruscio wrote:
I am having trouble getting any volume on my jukebox. I tried to adjust
the volume with the volume control. I installed a new needle but I still
am unable to get any volume. i;m not sure what the problem is, can
anyone help me?

If you have the original cartidge and it is magnetic (like Wurlitzers of
the time) then it is likely time to replace the rubber dampers.

http://flippers.com/Wurl_412.html

John :-#)#

--
(Please post followups or tech inquiries to the USENET newsgroup)
John's Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
(604)872-5757 or Fax 872-2010 (Pinballs, Jukes, Video Games)
www.flippers.com
"Old pinballers never die, they just flip out."
Old January 28th 16, 04:06 PM

First recorded activity by CollectingBanter: Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom DiFruscio View Post
I am having trouble getting any volume on my jukebox. I tried to adjust the volume with the volume control. I installed a new needle but I still am unable to get any volume. i;m not sure what the problem is, can anyone help me?
Hi...The first thing you have to determine is whether the amp is working properly and putting out full power...An easy way to check is at full volume setting touch the input side of the cartridge with a metal screwdriver, or better yet , touch the center tap on the volume control inside the amp with a metal screwdriver..Make sure you don't hit any high voltage wires in the amp.A third way is to do the same thing to the grid pins of either of the output tubes..The resulting "click" "thump",if it is loud and bassey enough should indicate that the amp is producing enough output. If so, go to the wiring to the cartridge and check it, especially shield shorts..Cartridge replacement should be the last option if necessary..Also try reversing the cartridge connections(a Seeburg problem)Your ST39 Luxury Light up amp should blow the doors off your rec room when its working..I have one and the amp is awesome...Good luck..Bruce R.