Wurlitzer 1100 Continues Play

Old December 12th 15, 04:58 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
Tamster

Default Wurlitzer 1100 Continues Play

I changed out my records to Christmas when I started it up to play, it want's to play the same record repeatedly. I can press different selections but still plays Rudolph over and over. Can anyone help me out with this problem? We played the jukebox a few weeks ago and it played fine.

Thanks
Tammy
Old December 12th 15, 09:45 PM posted to alt.collecting.juke-boxes
John Robertson

On 12/12/2015 7:58 AM, Tamster wrote:
I changed out my records to Christmas when I started it up to play, it want's to play the same record repeatedly. I can press different selections but still plays Rudolph over and over. Can anyone help me out with this problem? We played the jukebox a few weeks ago and it played fine.

Thanks
Tammy

Hi Tammy,

When was the last time you lubricated your jukebox?

I suspect the oils are turning to goo and causing your problem.

These machines were expected to be oiled TWICE a year! Remember this is
1940s technology and fresh oil is essential to normal operation.

DO NOT USE WD-40 unless you want a large bill from jukebox restoration
company that has to tear your mechanism apart to remove that stuff.
WD-40 was designed to prevent tools from rusting.

Get some good non-detergent 20 weight oil and fill a Zoom-Spout oiler
with it, then get inside your machine and oil ALL metal pivot points or
turning shafts where they enter frames, ratchets, etc. Not too much oil,
a few drops is usually enough, let it soak in for a day or two, put a
few more drops on, then try your machine again.

I need to make a video!!!

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com

Wurlitzer 1100 jogojoe Juke Boxes 1 July 20th 11 02:22 AM
wurlitzer 1100 bruin62 Juke Boxes 3 December 31st 09 12:32 AM
Wurli 1100 Slow Play Twister Juke Boxes 3 December 19th 06 01:48 AM
wurlitzer 1100 doogie51 Juke Boxes 3 August 30th 06 04:16 PM
wurlitzer 1100 orangeman Juke Boxes 1 June 16th 06 01:33 AM