Example of stupid bidders

Old October 12th 06, 08:47 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

Default Example of stupid bidders

7 people have placed bids on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-HARRY-POTTER-B...QQcmdZViewItem

an email to JK Rowling's publicist will verify that she never signed
past the second book; espeically the last two where only a few special
signings for charities took place.

Also private feedback, private bidding etc.
Old October 13th 06, 12:32 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
casdon

If I understand your msg, you E-mailed her publicist and was told she
never signed all these books so will JK Rowling get her lawyers
involved in this,it sound like fraud and forgery to me, you are correct
about the private feedback and auction a VERY BIG RED FLAG,which is why
I ask where and when items were signed and if it still smells I trya nd
contact the venue and find out if it is true.Casdon

Old October 13th 06, 03:29 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

No, I am not saying they'll get involved; all I am saying is they'll
confirm she doesn't sign ttm or do store signings/public signings
and if you ask how long, they should tell you. I have no idea if
they'll get lawyers involved; maybe she doesn't care...or it's not
worth spending thousands to get a little guy selling 6 books to stop
selling 6 books. That's why celebs don't get lawyers involved
usually; it's not worth what they have to shell out.

But no way she signed all those books on Ebay. People are getting
good at forging her sig.

PS If you'll note, a couple legit early books have been auctioned off
but they literally went for a couple grand plus. Here we have 6 for
77 dollars? I know I am a proponent of getting a good deal and I think
maybe someday one person may sell a legit one that cheap being stupid
about it, but this is not one of them; this is where it's good to
research what you can.

Old October 13th 06, 06:02 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Gummby3

It's definitely not hear-say. :-) I have had this same basic information
reported to me by a few of my site users over the years. They have told me
that they receive their items back with a form letter. I also saw an
interview with Rowling where the topic of autographs came up. She said that
she frankly does not have time to respond to the many requests and still
continue her writing.

--

Mike
Gummby3

ups.com...

Old October 14th 06, 05:08 PM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Sue H

She does seem to be a little self-aborbed; very nice way to put it.
She's not shy about letting others know how good she is.

On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 13:36:46 GMT, "SBFan2000"
wrote:

I don't she would be ok with it as self absorb as she is

.. .