What is going on with the U.S. Mint Website?

Old February 18th 09, 04:15 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
MKW

Default What is going on with the U.S. Mint Website?

Is it just me or is everyone having trouble checking online order
status? And why, on the high relief gold, are they 'Holding" orders
for credit verification for 2 weeks or more. All they have to do is
run the charge to see that its valid.
Old February 18th 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Leo Marx

MKW wrote:

Is it just me or is everyone having trouble checking online order
status? And why, on the high relief gold, are they 'Holding" orders
for credit verification for 2 weeks or more. All they have to do is
run the charge to see that its valid.

It's bloated and overloaded with all the gift ware they sell.

JAM
Old February 18th 09, 07:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Feb 18, 8:15*am, MKW wrote:
Is it just me or is everyone having trouble checking online order
status? *And why, on the high relief gold, are they 'Holding" orders
for credit verification for 2 weeks or more. *All they have to do is
run the charge to see that its valid.

I called last Friday to ask about an order that has been on hold for
over two weeks. They told me the same thing which is insane since my
credit card has been used to buy many items over the last few years
and it is current. I had no problem in early January, but the last
order was placed the last weekend of January and has sat there......
Old February 18th 09, 08:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
sgt23

On Feb 18, 2:38*pm, shreadvector wrote:
On Feb 18, 8:15*am, MKW wrote:

Is it just me or is everyone having trouble checking online order
status? *And why, on the high relief gold, are they 'Holding" orders
for credit verification for 2 weeks or more. *All they have to do is
run the charge to see that its valid.

I called last Friday to ask about an order that has been on hold for
over two weeks. They told me the same thing which is insane since my
credit card has been used to buy many items over the last few years
and it is current. I had no problem in early January, but the last
order was placed the last weekend of January and has sat there......

My belief is that mint has really out done it's self this time. I've
heard several stories like they don't have the adequate supplies
needed to get all the orders fulfilled right now, or they are trying
to mint too much at once, and I have even heard they are having
problems with secure deliverers. My question here is what is the real
truth, because you call the mint and they are not giving any real
answers and why are different phone operators at the mint giving
completely different answers? I know the mint has gone to crap over
the years, but shouldn't they have better standards than this?
Old February 18th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mr. Jaggers

On Feb 18, 8:15 am, MKW wrote:

[...]

The reality at the mint likely resembles that of any other corporation that
has a "customer service" phone. When you call and get the message that "all
of our representatives are busy assisting other customers...your call is
important...answered in order received", you can assume that there is one
person assigned to the task, two at the max, and they may be assigned other
clerical duties in addition to answering your call. You're lucky if they
are equipped with a terminal and up-to-date data on it. It's no doubt worse
now with economic retrenchment. They can only have as many employees as the
PTB allow, and these days, that number is fewer and fewer. Just a guess,
but based on years and years of experience with this sort of thing.

James

Old February 18th 09, 08:19 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
shreadvector

On Feb 18, 11:38*am, shreadvector wrote:
On Feb 18, 8:15*am, MKW wrote:

Is it just me or is everyone having trouble checking online order
status? *And why, on the high relief gold, are they 'Holding" orders
for credit verification for 2 weeks or more. *All they have to do is
run the charge to see that its valid.

I called last Friday to ask about an order that has been on hold for
over two weeks. They told me the same thing which is insane since my
credit card has been used to buy many items over the last few years
and it is current. I had no problem in early January, but the last
order was placed the last weekend of January and has sat there......

I just checked on the website and the feature to check your order
status is "temporarily unavailable".....
Old February 18th 09, 08:52 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"MKW" wrote in message
Is it just me or is everyone having trouble checking online order
status? And why, on the high relief gold, are they 'Holding" orders
for credit verification for 2 weeks or more. All they have to do is
run the charge to see that its valid.

Someone got me the Bald Eagle gold coin last year for my birthday but it did
not arrive in time. The order was held. When they called to inquire they
were told that the mint holds orders for all gold purchases as an extra
precaution against theft and fraud.

Old February 18th 09, 08:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

The reality at the mint likely resembles that of any other corporation
that has a "customer service" phone. When you call and get the message
that "all of our representatives are busy assisting other customers...your
call is important...answered in order received", you can assume that there
is one person assigned to the task, two at the max, and they may be
assigned other clerical duties in addition to answering your call. You're
lucky if they are equipped with a terminal and up-to-date data on it.
It's no doubt worse now with economic retrenchment. They can only have as
many employees as the PTB allow, and these days, that number is fewer and
fewer. Just a guess, but based on years and years of experience with this
sort of thing.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. The people answering the phone at the US
Mint are very courteous and pleasant to talk to but are also completely
clueless. I doubt it is their fault - they simply don't have any
information either except for whatever script is in front of their face.

Old February 18th 09, 08:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
PC[_7_]

"shreadvector" wrote in message

I called last Friday to ask about an order that has been on hold for
over two weeks. They told me the same thing which is insane since my
credit card has been used to buy many items over the last few years
and it is current. I had no problem in early January, but the last
order was placed the last weekend of January and has sat there......

I just checked on the website and the feature to check your order
status is "temporarily unavailable".....

It has been that way since Friday. I have been wanting to see if the ship
date on my order has slipped any further.

The Lincoln commemorative ship date on the home page has gone from 2/19/2009
to 2/26 to 2/28 to 4/1 to 3/3 to 3/4 back to 4/1 and as of this writing I
see it is at 3/4 again.

We should hold a raffle. Each ticket gets you a day on the calendar as to
when they actually ship.

Old February 18th 09, 09:40 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RWF

"sgt23" wrote in message
My belief is that mint has really out done it's self this time.

My belief is that you are a semi-literate baboon.
Here's a banana - go climb back up in your tree!

US Mint website PC[_7_] Coins 4 February 13th 09 06:09 PM
US Mint Website trojan66 Coins 9 March 22nd 05 05:28 AM
Mint Website Banknote Addict Coins 0 January 31st 05 01:04 AM
US mint website? Jon Coins 6 May 26th 04 10:51 PM
US Mint website Scot Kamins Coins 7 April 23rd 04 06:06 PM