Another item for Rodney

Old October 29th 05, 12:03 AM
Blair (TC)

Default Another item for Rodney

http://cjoint.com/data/kDbcsfAuC7.htm

Old October 29th 05, 12:34 AM
Blair (TC)

Of course, I couldn't leave Malcolm out.
Here is one for him.
http://cjoint.com/data/kDbGuQifem.htm

Blair

Old October 29th 05, 06:38 AM
Rodney

Thanks Blair,
I do not have that cover.
(but I now have the image

Be aware that cover holds an error
that is really not the correct date for 120 years of country cricket.
It is about 6 years in error.

Old October 29th 05, 06:49 AM
Rodney

Very Nice, shows "The Floppy Green" in all it's glory.
The boy from Bowral ! Yay.

Cricket Readers may be interested in a little known fact,
that the "Don" was such an athlete, on one tour he missed from injury
he spent his spare time playing squash, and subsequently won the
South Australian Squash championship.

(BTW my son Cody, was top match scorer today in a losing side by 1 run)
He scored more today, than he did all last season.
Funny game Cricket

There is a rumour that once Don Bradman played a series of exhibition matches
in the United States, and Walt Disney was a very big admirer of the Don.
However, on the day Walt went to see "The Don", Mr. Bradman was out for a "duck"
( a nil score)
Apparently this was the genesis of Walt's cartoon character "Donald Duck"

Old October 29th 05, 12:01 PM
Gerhard Reichert

Hi Sir Rodney,

I am still laughing rolling over the floor, My brother wrote a book in the
seventies concerning the story of the Duck Family, its a nice students joke
about it. But this theory was quite new for me. Now the missing link is
found! Thank You in the name of all friends of scientific Donaldism. :-))

Now I should have a disk of ducksoup, I think, for breakfast :-)

Gerhard

Old October 29th 05, 11:47 PM
Rodney

Confession time Gerhard,
the information was all borrowed, just passed on.
Thank you for your selfless act of donation,
the article takes absolute pride of place in my collection.
Surely there must be something I can offer in return?
Some Kangaroos perhaps?

I'd be a bit wary of consuming any avarian menu right about now,
especially wild duck.

Old October 30th 05, 11:35 AM
Victor Manta

"Rodney" wrote in message

I'd be a bit wary of consuming any avarian menu right about now,
especially wild duck.

The rumor says that the newer bird stamps, especially from China, Korea and
Vietnam, will be banned soon worldwide.

All collectors will be obliged to boil their bird stamps during 30 minutes
each and then get cancels on them from a stately approved veterinary. The
non-cancelled stamps, discovered by the authorities (who work together with
the philatelic associations) will be burned and their possessors will be
quarantined.

--
Victor Manta

Spanish North Africa: http://www.values.ch/sna-site/

Old October 30th 05, 12:28 PM
Blair (TC)

Victor:

You better tell Bob Ingraham to lock up
his chickens on stamps collection.

Blair

Old October 30th 05, 12:39 PM
Gerhard Reichert

Hi Victor, Hi Blair,

cannot find my glasses under the chair, to many tears in my eyes from
laughing.

O God, that was the best I read for a long time :-)))

Gerhard

oups.com...

Old October 30th 05, 12:48 PM
Gerhard Reichert

Hello again Sir Rodney,

there is no need for any offer. As I wrote some days before, I am not really
a collector, only a stamp hunter, so property is not my aim. Call me a
treasure hunter or bargain digger, that would match it exactly.

And I try still to learn about stamps, letters, history.

But thank You for Your offer, it is appreciated very well.
Be sure that I feel free to ask You if I need assistance or help again.

From sunny Bavaria with best regards

Gerhard

"Rodney" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Confession time Gerhard,
the information was all borrowed, just passed on.
Thank you for your selfless act of donation,
the article takes absolute pride of place in my collection.
Surely there must be something I can offer in return?
Some Kangaroos perhaps?

I'd be a bit wary of consuming any avarian menu right about now,
especially wild duck.

| Hi Sir Rodney,
|
| I am still laughing rolling over the floor, My brother wrote a book in
the
| seventies concerning the story of the Duck Family, its a nice students
joke
| about it. But this theory was quite new for me. Now the missing link is
| found! Thank You in the name of all friends of scientific Donaldism.
:-))