My Successes for September So Far

Old September 6th 06, 02:25 AM posted to alt.collecting.autographs
Craig

Default My Successes for September So Far

Got back from vacation and the mailman brought me the following
successes with help from people in the NG:

Signed picture disc LP of Brian Posehn made out to me. Thanx, Henry!
Signed SW 8x10 of Billy Dee Williams that had already been signed by
Jeremy Bulloch and Afa signed my WM 9 poster. Thanx, Jose!

As for in persons, I was able to attend the Rue Morgue Festival in
Toronto for one day and got the following:

Alice Cooper: This was only his second show like this, I believe. Had
him sign three things I wouldn't normally take to the shows. A Jack In
The Box, which he said is his favorite "gimmick", a poster for
Sextette, which he said was a "rare" poster, and a really cool 16x20 I
picked up at the show. Had him inscribe it to Craig and Dawn Happy
Anniversary, as I made her go to the show with me on that day.
(Needless to say she was thrilled with this one...NOT) haha We talked
about it being our anniversary and him just having his 30th. Just
small talk as there were a ton of people in line. Told him I would see
him in Cleveland next month and he said, "As always". He had hundreds
of people in line and it's interesting to watch him as he is a machine
with those sigs and gets people through without making them feel like
he pushes them off. No photo ops in this line but you could haave
bought one for later in the day for $50 or paid $200 for the Friday
night package, either of which I really felt I needed to spring for as
I have quite a few photos with him.

Before Alice I got Juliette Landau, Drusilla of Buffy TVS. Had her
sign two action figures and picked up an 8x10. She was personable and
posed for photos.

I then went for Karen Black, who was kind of a disappointment. She
took FOREVER! When I finally got there I had her sign my Trilogy of
Terror DVD and nothing else, as she would sell you a glossy 8x10 for
$20 and charge and extra $20 to sign it! NO THANKS!

Finally I went for Rowdy Roddy Piper. Didn't know what to expect.
When we got there he was in rare form. Really outgoing. He posed for
pics with my seven year old son (without charging us) putting Piper in
a headlock. He really cahtted my son up. Had him sign the actual WWF
figure out of the box. It was one of the 18" figures to which he
commented "Like I ever had muscles like that!" and "They gave me Ric
Flair's nose, too!" I talked with him a little about Flair and he said
he had gone through three livers with him. He had never seen one so I
guess I have the only one signed. When his people asked where to get
them I told them Toys R US and they seemed surprised. Got him to sign
a photo as well. Also posed for pictures. We took one with the figure
and he said this was messing with our masculinity and then a couple of
straight up shots. After my son had walked away he signed my Wrestling
Album. I asked him to signt he front over Jesse Ventura as it was a
light spot. He started talking about him being a fag and if someone
should have been promoted as a fag it should have been him as he was
the one wearing the skirt! He then signed it across Ventura's chest
"You ****ing homo! Rowdy Roddy Piper" He was ding it to be funny but I
guess I can't hang the LP up at work!

That's all for now. Sorry for being long winded but thanks for
reading!

Craig

Bi-annual post of successes S P Autographs 0 November 13th 05 09:36 PM
TTM SuCCeSSeS Todd F. Autographs 0 February 5th 05 10:13 AM
April Successes Keith A. Jakubowski Autographs 0 May 1st 04 03:08 PM
This Week's GREAT successes Dan C Autographs 4 March 16th 04 04:06 PM
SuCCeSSeS = 01/10 Todd F. Autographs 4 January 12th 04 02:01 AM