Please join us for the Dragon*Con 2006 Art Show

Old December 18th 05, 12:56 PM posted to rec.collecting.dolls

Default Please join us for the Dragon*Con 2006 Art Show

Please join us for the Dragon*Con 2006 Art Show
Atlanta, GA
Sept. 1 - 4, 2006

http://www.dragoncon.org

Calling all science fiction, fantasy, horror, media, new age, surreal,
and astronomical artists and fans!

We would like to cordially invite you to apply to be a part of the
Dragon*Con 2006 Art Show. Dragon*Con is one of the largest annual
Science Fiction and Fantasy theme conventions in the world with an
attendance of over 20,000 people. This year the Art Show will be
located in the Atlanta Hyatt Regency next to convention registration.
This means the art show will get all the convention traffic and before
any other convention function.

The Dragon*Con 2006 Art Show is a very large and diverse event.
Thousands of art buyers from around the country and around the world
come to the show every year to buy the great works exhibited. It is a
very active, exciting function with dynamic programming which gives the
participating artist a high potential for large sales. We believe art
is all about capturing new ideas in one form or another and showing the
world the awesome creativity within these works.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution (www.ajc.com) is one of the largest
newspapers in the country with millions of subscribers all over the
Southeast U.S.. There are 2.3 million subscribers in the metro Atlnata
area alone. In 2004 the Atlanta Journal-Constitution picked the
Dragon*Con Art Show as one of THE headline arts event for the summer of
2004. You can read the article at

http://www.accessatlanta.com/arts/co.../16altart.html

Many other publications such as The Creative Loafing
(www.creativeloafing.com), The Gainesville Times, Renderosity, and
Polymer Cafe' have also heralded the Dragon*Con Art Show as one of the
best art shows in the art community.

The Dragon*Con 2005 Art Show was a huge success and once again sold
out! We exhibited some amazing work from over 300 artists from around
the world, sold over 1900 pieces of artwork, and had 100 pieces go to
voice auction with over 400 attendees registering for bid numbers.
Artists from all over the world displayed artwork, continuing our
world-class status in a 16,500 sq. ft chandeliered ballroom. The Art
Show programming did extremely well.

We are planning many exciting events for the Dragon*Con 2006 Art Show
including the 6th annual Iron Artist contest, a large canvas on which
all the artists can work (which will be sold at auction), an art salon,
making art with live models, live music, demos, how-to's, and other
wonderful events. We will be hosting our annual Artists Reception on
Friday night of the convention. Panel discussions and demonstrations
are very important to the Art Show as well and the programming room for
all Art Show programs is next to the main entrance of the Art Show.

Now let's look at what's inside the Dragon*Con 2006 Art Show.

One-of-a-kind Doll department! : Each doll is a one-of-a-kind created
by hand by some of the master doll makers in the industry. These
creations bring to life many amazing characters.

The Dragon*Con Art Show Art Gallery : The Art Gallery has many types of
space available to display your artwork. We use a standard 4-ft. x
4-ft. pegboard for hanging space. We have many combinations of Art
Gallery space listed on the Art Show application form. We have 6 ft.
tables available, as well as floor space. There is a 10% commission
charged on all artwork sold in the Art Gallery.

The Dragon*Con Art Show Print Shop : The Art Show has a large area to
display prints called the Print Shop. There is a 15% commission charged
on all artwork sold in the Print Shop.

The Dragon*Con Art Show Artists' Bazaar Tables : These tables located
in the main Art Show room are discounted sales tables for artists. All
items for sale on these tables are either made by the artist or from
the artist's designs. The Artists Bazaar is a special area for artists
to present merchandise related to their art and is located in the main
art exhibition room. Bazaar pieces range from the unusual to the
exotic. Membership is not included with the bazaar table.

The Dragon*Con Art Show Art on Demand Department : The Digital Art
department is changing its name to the Art on Demand department and
expanding to include any artwork that can be made into a computer file.
This can include artwork created completely on computer to scans of
originals. This department will display all of these art entries on
full color prints, which will be located in the main Art Show ballroom.
These prints will enable attendees to preview this art and make
selections to purchase prints via our printing service. Artists will be
able to upload their entered artwork to our own FTP site or if need be;
we can receive their entries via snail mail on CD-ROM.

If an attendee wants to purchase a print of one of the images, they can
have it printed "On Demand" by our professional printer and even have a
selection of not only print size, but print type: Canvas (either loose
or stretch frame-mounted), Glossy Premium Archive Grade Lightjet Paper,
Matte Premium Archive Grade Lightjet Paper, Watercolor Paper, or
Metallic Premium Archive Grade Lightjet Paper, and other high quality
mediums. All of the art purchased in this department is shipped to the
customer after the show.

Each artist enrolled in this department will have the option of an
add-on service in which one of their Art Show entries will be printed
at the 22" x 28" print size on Glossy, Metallic Glossy Lightjet paper,
or Watercolor Paper and displayed in addition to the 8" x 10" catalog
prints of their entries. These larger samples are an excellent way to
show customers how good these works look when printed. For an
additional cost, you can have this print shipped to you after the close
of the convention.

In our continuing effort to expand our services to artists, we are
extending the Art on Demand department to the web. The Dragon*Con Art
Show - Art on Demand department will allow attendees to purchase art on
demand products throughout the year. This service dramatically extends
the value of the Art on Demand department and provides an extremely
cost effective way for artists to gain international exposure while
allowing them to sell more art.

The Dragon*Con Art Show Mail-In Art : We accept mail-in artwork on a
case-by-case basis only. Please see the rules for all the details.

The Dragon*Con Art Show Discussions And Demonstrations: An excellent
way to promote yourself is to share some of your experience in one of
our Art Panels. If you are interested in doing a demonstration, to be
included on programming or panel discussions, do a slide show, or just
have some great ideas for Art Show programming, let us know by July 1,
2006. The sooner, we know your talents or ideas the more likely they
are to be included. Although we have access to many types of equipment
to show artwork, do not assume that your desired equipment will be
readily available. We will make every effort possible to supply all
equipment needs, so coordinate any equipment requests or other needs
with Art Show Director. The deadline for equipment requests is May 1st.

The Dragon*Con Art Show Awards : The Art Show artist guests determines
most of our awards but convention attendees will vote on a portion of
the art awards called the Special Awards. Award categories will include
but are not limited to Best In Show, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, 2-D, 3-D,
Photography, & Mixed Media. There are also 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
awards for student entrees.

Free promotion for art galleries and Colleges with art programs. In
keeping with our mission statement of promoting great artwork and
getting involved with all aspects of creating art; we offer free
promotional space to art galleries and colleges with art programs in
the Art Show. This is a unique opportunity in which galleries and
colleges can promote to over 20,000 attendees for free! We have many
tables for display of promotional literature. There are many attendees
that would like to know more about art galleries in the area. If you
are a college/art school you can have a free promotional table (you
will have to purchase your Dragon*Con memberships) that your may staff
to actively promote your program. Many of the artists and attendees at
Dragon*Con are in the process of determining, which college to attend
for their first or second degree. Space is limited so don't delay
contacting the Art Show Director as soon as you can about this great
opportunity to reach a targeted audience.

We will be announcing many items about the Dragon*Con 2006 Art Show in
the next few months. Please check the Art Show section of the
Dragon*Con web site for all the important deadlines at

http://www.dragoncon.org

and the Sci-fi / Fantasy / Horror / Space Art Shows Yahoo group at

for all the announcements about the Art Show.

We hope you will decide to join us for the excitement at Dragon*Con
2006. The 2006 Art Show is shaping up to be the most exciting show
yet, and one you really don't want to miss!