quick note on inks

Old September 2nd 04, 12:34 PM
Andy Dingley

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:37:05 +0800, "Free Citizen"
wrote:

I pretty much doubt hp would divulge this proprietary technology to anyone
else.

What do you mean by "divulge" ? The patent itself will pretty much
let the cat out of the bag. Even the press release when they announced
it gave most of it away (it relies on acids in the paper).

HP's policy in recent years is also (supposedly) to increase revenue
by licencing patents to others. They might be reluctant to do this for
ink cartridges, as that's their core business, but they might cut a
deal for pen ink.
--
Smert' spamionam
Old September 2nd 04, 10:39 PM
Scaupaug

I pretty much doubt hp would divulge this proprietary technology to anyone
else.

It's not that. Put it in a printer and it will clog it badly - not the same
stuff. That ink also goops up a fountain pen too and averages about $26 for a
SINGLE OUNCE. VERY different and nowhere near the same cost, many fundamental
differences indeed. Good try though. ;-) It is also completely unrelated to
Sakura inks, so that is not correct either. It is not an oxygen reactive ink.
Otherwise you could not keep it as it is in a traditional glass bottle!! As
for the litigious nature of some of the posts, I suppose that is just the way
American culture has evolved unfortunately. Noodler's is the smallest ink
company on earth - with even smaller pockets (almost no pockets after getting
those boxes made that everyone seems to like). It's more a company to defend
the use of fountain pens that needs just enough to survive and get the next ink
out the door. Recycled papers were threatening the hobby IMO...as well as this
seemingly pervasive fear of signing anything with a fountain pen! Next time a
bank employee insists you use a ball pen - give him/her a copy of this:

http://members.aol.com/scaupaug1/ETERNITY/1testPAGE.jpg

Take ANY fountain pen ink you have and test it against bleach - undiluted
bleach...soak the document and let it sit there for weeks until it becomes
crystalline and the paper reverts to pulp mush - and your writing will remain
at the base of the dish with Noodler's Black, contract, and eternal... Put it
in the sun...any fountain pen ink....you'll see similar results over months -
only one survives! Any forger tampering with a white document using bleach or
a UV light wand will hate your pen if it has Noodler's Black.

On a dry day away from extreme hurricane humidity, you can do a newspaper
crossword without feathering...any other ink do THAT? ANYWHERE? You can also
wash it from your hands with ease (the black). If you want the most permanent
ink in the pen with the greatest word count per volume of ink (I've tested it
on several word count machines, it beats the 51 and snorkel...the only pen in
the past 50 years to do so)....buy a Kaweco Sport roller ball and smear some
bee's wax from any hobby/craft shop on the threads. Fill the pen like an
eyedropper and it will likely last 6 to 8 months before you have to refill
again - and note how the ink falls off the clear plastic when the pen is
turned. As clean as can be, and a fraction of the cost per filling of a Sakura
or UniBall from a major store...as well as not filling up a landfill when
finished - just refill it! So if you MUST use a roller, consider the Kaweco
Sport. I've tested it with Noodler's Black in my pocket - the pen even has
refused to leak thus far! I know Frank loved his, and I'm beginning to see
why.
The standard blue...washing from hands? No way - it's tough stuff and I'll
put it up against other blues any day...made by anyone. It still falls off
plastic though - but has a torrid affair with papers! ;-) The entire line
falls off plastic and has been tested in large bulging/hanging pure latex sacs
as well....it's good stuff!
Old September 3rd 04, 03:47 AM
Free Citizen

Puzzles me why you have not tied up with an Investor to market your product
big time. You know, there are many good things you can do for the FP
community when you have the 'means'. BTW, patent your invention quickly
before someone else beat you to it.

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

[snip]

Old September 3rd 04, 03:50 AM
Free Citizen

Ah, that may be but once you own that patent nobody can make money out of it
except the owner of that patent.

--
Best regards,
Free Citizen

news

inks down the sink mz Pens & Pencils 21 July 25th 04 07:24 PM
comparing inks JP Pens & Pencils 3 June 10th 04 12:44 AM
Just A Reminder To New Alt.Collecting.8-Track-Tapes Group Members Daniel & Kathy Gibson 8 Track Tapes 7 May 17th 04 12:06 PM
Just A Reminder To New Alt.Collecting.8-Track-Tapes Group Members Daniel & Kathy Gibson 8 Track Tapes 11 April 26th 04 12:52 PM
Archival gel ink for my Sensa Stylist? Mike Shea Pens & Pencils 4 November 7th 03 01:27 PM