FA: Get it quick before NudoFraud® bootlegs it!!!

Old December 16th 04, 07:30 AM
DeserTBoB

Default FA: Get it quick before NudoFraud® bootlegs it!!!

WOW...what a STUNNING opportuninty!

BID NOW! DON'T PASS THIS UP!

Old December 16th 04, 12:31 PM
Yodedude2

WOW...what a STUNNING opportuninty!

BID NOW! DON'T PASS THIS UP!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=406092789

5&rd=1

That starting price is supposed to be $ 7.50, not $ 75.00 later, ron
Old December 16th 04, 07:34 PM
Bluemuse

With Canada's dollar rising, I
suspect we'll see eBay auctions from Canada start being posted in
Canadian dollars soon.

I've seen eBay auctions from Canada posted in Canadian dollars for quite some
time now. I think it must be an option; maybe we'll start seeing *more* of them
posted that way.
Is the $C rising, or is it just the $US falling? I used to order parts for
my Alfa from Germany because it was cheaper, but not now. And it used to seem
like Australian dollars were worth less than Monopoly money here, but I checked
a currency conversion the other day to see what an item would cost me, and I
was shocked to see that the Australian dollar is up over $0.75 US; I wouldn't
be surprised to see it on par soon. How nice to see that the dollar I earn this
year not only is worth less domestically, it's worth less--much less--in the
rest of the world, too.
--Bob Farace

"I only believe in fire." --Anais Nin
Old December 16th 04, 08:33 PM
DeserTBoB

On 16 Dec 2004 19:34:19 GMT, (Bluemuse) wrote:

Is the $C rising, or is it just the $US falling? snip

Both.

I used to order parts for
my Alfa from Germany because it was cheaper, but not now. And it used to seem
like Australian dollars were worth less than Monopoly money here, but I checked
a currency conversion the other day to see what an item would cost me, and I
was shocked to see that the Australian dollar is up over $0.75 US; I wouldn't
be surprised to see it on par soon. snip

I take a contrarian view, of course, to the "party line" now being
spewed by Washington and Wall Street, and I'd wager the time to buy
Canadian and Australian dollars was back with Dubya was "appointed,"
but there's still room to profit from such an investment now. I've
gotten rid of most of my US dollars already, and have made over 15% on
currency alone in the last 2 years. Plays made in the last two years
for the Euro have yielded good profits, and there's room for more.
Although the idiots on Wall Street see a "bright future" coming soon,
look for Dubya's insane tax cut and tort corruption plans, as well as
his ruination of Social Security, to drive the US dollar even lower in
the next two years, while major foreign currencies are buoyed. The
worst currency play in the world right now is the US dollar, while the
Euro, derided by Wall Street morons from Day 1, is turning out to be
one of the best hedges around.

I forecast the C$ will peak around US$1.45, and the AU$ to be at about
par...a first. The last time we saw the C$ anywhere near that high
was when Nixon was in office and we were in the midst of a deep,
hurtful recession (1972-74). Also bear in mind that the US is now
heavily dependent upon China for consumer goods, and the dollar is
falling precipitously against the RMB, which itself is being
artificially undervalued by the Chinese government...NOT good news for
US consumers at all. Should the Chinese decide to float the RMB, the
dollar could skid quickly, triggering another major recession...Bush's
third. Witness how China completely commandeered the US concrete and
steel markets just procuring materials for that big dam project;
concrete and steel rebar, even in Western states, increased in price
(US$) by almost tenfold at times and are still elevated, making new
construction in the US more expensive than the weak economy can
sustain.

The sleeper currency of them all, however, is the ruble. Almost
seemingly worthless a few years ago, it has been also rising against
the dollar in fits and starts. With Russia's big oil reserves and a
US government with their heads up their asses on fuel conversion away
from gasoline, the RUR COULD double in four years, although it's a
speculative play due to Putin's affinity for dictatorship.

How nice to see that the dollar I earn this
year not only is worth less domestically, it's worth less--much less--in the
rest of the world, too. snip

The US is getting the kind of government, and failed fiscal policy, it
deserves. "Dump your dollars" is the new mantra of the wise.

dB
Old December 30th 04, 01:27 AM