Numismatist on CD Update - Ping Alan Herbert

Old March 9th 04, 12:52 AM
Jorg Lueke

Default Numismatist on CD Update - Ping Alan Herbert

I googled this up but the history seems to be missing the part where the
project died (again). Could Alan give us an update, or if someone can
google up that last thread please post a link.

Old March 9th 04, 01:54 AM
GELEWIS

I will let Alan answer the question again, but summary it deals with author's
legal rights.

Gary Lewis
Old March 9th 04, 02:31 AM
Larry Louks

Byron L. Reed wrote:
Oh my God! He's alive!

What are the chances he'll actually address some issues in a
meaningful way? Is it election season again already?

Now, now, Byron. Let's not be ugly!

Larry
'where all numismatic enthusiasts are welcome'

Old March 9th 04, 02:38 AM
K6AZ

On 09 Mar 2004 02:34:39 GMT, ustion (mark) wrote:

From:
(GELEWIS)

I will let Alan answer the question again, but summary it deals with author's
legal rights.

Actually, that is not exactly the case anymo

http://www.pdnonline.com/photodistri..._display.jsp?v
nu_content_id=2054645

That doesn't matter to them Mark. They use legalities all the time
as an excuse for inaction on certain issues. Nothing new, same
old story.
--
K6AZ WEB PAGES

http://www.k6az.com/web_pages.htm
Old March 9th 04, 02:44 AM
Byron L. Reed

On 09 Mar 2004 02:34:39 GMT, ustion (mark) wrote:

Actually, that is not exactly the case anymo

http://www.pdnonline.com/photodistri..._display.jsp?v
nu_content_id=2054645

http://snipurl.com/3lf7

Well, I think it is a bit early to make that claim, Mark, but it doesn't
matter. Even if a lead-pipe-cinch, the cowards at the ANA would prefer to
avoid the trouble of defending themselves.

BLReed

To email me click he http://tinyurl.com/nd66
For collector coins and supplies at fair prices: http://tinyurl.com/pt9r
Cool things: http://www.byronreed.com/byrons_collections/default.htm
Talk bust coins: http://www.byronreed.com/phpBB2/index.php
Old March 9th 04, 02:44 AM
John Baumgart

"GELEWIS" wrote in message
I will let Alan answer the question again, but summary it deals with

author's
legal rights.

Gary Lewis

I would be happy with receiving an end-of-year CD containing just the
articles and table of contents. Since these are already in electronic
format (many on ANA's website), would it be too much effort to make an
annual compilation CD available at a nominal cost to members could make
better use of space occupied by magazines.

John Baumgart

Old March 9th 04, 02:45 AM
Byron L. Reed

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 02:31:49 GMT, "Larry Louks"
wrote:

Now, now, Byron. Let's not be ugly!

Sorry.

Where's the Botox?

Old March 9th 04, 02:53 AM
Jorg Lueke

On 09 Mar 2004 01:54:25 GMT, GELEWIS wrote:

I will let Alan answer the question again, but summary it deals with
author's
legal rights.

Gary Lewis

In the thread history he did state that this was resolved or close to
resolved. The last problem I noted was with a company who was going to do
the work. As far as author's rights go I have a few questions:

1. Is the ANA acquring the reprint rights going forward?
2. Were the old articles mainly work for hire with the ANA buying only
1st rights?
3. Aren't The Numismatists published before 1923 now in the public domain?

PING: ALAN WILLIAMS Gary Loveless Coins 0 February 20th 04 05:34 PM
Ping! Alan Williams Ira Stein Coins 15 February 18th 04 09:59 PM
Ping Alan Williams, a.k.a. Nickel Boy.. Bruce Hickmott Coins 10 August 18th 03 06:25 PM
How's this for an idea? (ping Alan Williams) Alan & Erin Williams Coins 1 August 15th 03 02:08 AM
PING: Alan Williams-1914D 1c PCGS VF-35/AU-53 comparo Ira Stein Coins 24 July 26th 03 01:19 AM