Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

Old March 2nd 07, 05:49 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
RWF

Default Unscrupulous Dealers and Price Gouging in Seattle?

On Mar 2, 10:47 am, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:
I have 94% + feedback on amazon, over 365 days.

Wouldn't that mean that 6 people out of 100 were so disatisfied with
your service that they left a negative comment?
FWIW 94%-96% is the cutoff point I use when determining if I'll buy
from an Amazon seller, so you are right on the cusp.
A seller with a lower rating than that might get my business if he
prices his item extraordinarily low but usually I'll pay a few bucks
more to buy from a seller with a high feedback %.
I'm not saying anything about you as a seller other than that 94% is
nothing to brag about.

Old March 2nd 07, 06:08 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

On Mar 2, 8:47 am, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:
I have 94% + feedback on amazon, over 365 days. I have 99.6% +
feedback lifetime on ebay with the same customer service and
policies. My copies of 'Picatrix' are indeed genuinely brand new, as
I purchased them directly from the publisher.

Here is real feedback from Seattle_Bookseller:

What does feedback FROM Seattle_Bookseller prove?
That you compliment your buyers?

Old March 2nd 07, 07:34 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

wrote:

I have 94% + feedback on amazon, over 365 days. I have 99.6% +
feedback lifetime on ebay with the same customer service and
policies. My copies of 'Picatrix' are indeed genuinely brand new, as
I purchased them directly from the publisher.

Here is real feedback from Seattle_Bookseller:

What does feedback FROM Seattle_Bookseller prove?
That you compliment your buyers?

The feedback I cut and pasted is posted in public and was left BY MY
CUSTOMERS FOR ME.
You are incorrect in your statements.

Old March 2nd 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

wrote:
I have 94% + feedback on amazon, over 365 days.

Wouldn't that mean that 6 people out of 100 were so disatisfied with
your service that they left a negative comment?
FWIW 94%-96% is the cutoff point I use when determining if I'll buy
from an Amazon seller, so you are right on the cusp.
A seller with a lower rating than that might get my business if he
prices his item extraordinarily low but usually I'll pay a few bucks
more to buy from a seller with a high feedback %.
I'm not saying anything about you as a seller other than that 94% is
nothing to brag about.

No, it doesn't mean that as 3% it is 'neutral' feedback, which amazon
counts against a seller.
Amazon does not encourage mutual feedback, so it is much harder to
maintain the 99.6% I have on Ebay on amazon. This is a problem
amazon.com dealers discuss endlessly. Have you ever had a customer
slime your feedback because he didn't like the ending of a book, or
the USPS misrouted the shipment? I certainly have. Almost all my
negative feedback is caused by the USPS screwing deliveries up.

Old March 2nd 07, 07:50 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

On Mar 2, 1:38 pm, "seattle_bookseller"
wrote:

No, it doesn't mean that as 3% it is 'neutral' feedback, which amazon
counts against a seller.
Amazon does not encourage mutual feedback,

Nor should it. eBay discourages forthrightness in its feedback, due to
the fear of getting "revenge" feedback.

Have you ever had a customer
slime your feedback because he didn't like the ending of a book, or
the USPS misrouted the shipment? I certainly have. Almost all my
negative feedback is caused by the USPS screwing deliveries up.

After reading your comments here, I probably would not buy from you.
Blaming the Post Office is a pretty lame excuse, ranking up the with
the homework-eating dog.
Even if the P.O. did lose a book (which has happened to me exactly
once in well over 1000 shipments over the years), as an Amazon seller
you are still responsible.
Granted there are unreasonable buyers who will never be satisfied.
But if I ordered a book from you via Amazon and never rec'd it or a
refund you can be sure that you would get negative feedback from me.
I know that Amazon doesn't share all the shipping charge with you but
you should factor shipping and insurance into the price of your
merchandise.

Old March 2nd 07, 08:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

wrote:

[...]

I always refund completely in these cases. You are accusing me with
no knowledge of the reality of the situation. And its not lost USPS
packages we are talking about, its SLOW ONES for the most part. I
ship around 1000 books per month, every month. USPS media mail was
horrible this holiday season, as you should be aware of. Powell's
Books, one of the largest brick and mortar (and online) retailers has
the same Amazon rating I do, 94%+. Again, I have 99.6%+ on ebay.

Old March 2nd 07, 08:27 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

wrote:

[...]

The USPS loses 10-12 of every 1,000 packages I ship. I buy my
insurance through Endicia, thank you very much. Some of these are
undoubtedly customers attempting to get a free book, but I only use
delivery confirmation on items worth more than 10$. I do not agree
with your comments about ebay, and you are in the extreme minority
opinion on that matter with most online book sellers.

Old March 2nd 07, 08:37 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

wrote:

I have 94% + feedback on amazon, over 365 days. I have 99.6% +
feedback lifetime on ebay with the same customer service and
policies. My copies of 'Picatrix' are indeed genuinely brand new, as
I purchased them directly from the publisher.

Here is real feedback from Seattle_Bookseller:

What does feedback FROM Seattle_Bookseller prove?
That you compliment your buyers?

The feedback I cut and pasted is posted in public and was left BY MY
CUSTOMERS FOR ME.
You are incorrect in your statements.

That incorrect statement was yours, and I quoted it back to you.

Perhaps proofreading your posts would help get your point
across, and improve your business practices? Inattention
to detail is not a desirable trait in a bookseller.

Old March 2nd 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
seattle_bookseller

wrote:

I have 94% + feedback on amazon, over 365 days. I have 99.6% +
feedback lifetime on ebay with the same customer service and
policies. My copies of 'Picatrix' are indeed genuinely brand new, as
I purchased them directly from the publisher.

Here is real feedback from Seattle_Bookseller:

What does feedback FROM Seattle_Bookseller prove?
That you compliment your buyers?

The feedback I cut and pasted is posted in public and was left BY MY
CUSTOMERS FOR ME.
You are incorrect in your statements.

That incorrect statement was yours, and I quoted it back to you.

Perhaps proofreading your posts would help get your point
across, and improve your business practices? Inattention
to detail is not a desirable trait in a bookseller.

I don't feed trolls.

Old March 2nd 07, 09:07 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Bob F.

Bull****!

I buy my
insurance through Endicia, thank you very much.

You're welcome very much!

Some of these are
undoubtedly customers attempting to get a free book, but I only use
delivery confirmation on items worth more than 10$.

Yep, that's it, all those big bad customers are trying to rip you off.
If you're so worried, charge a bit more for your books and get
delivery confirmation.
Oh that's right, then you wouldn't be able to blame others for your
deficiencies.

I do not agree with your comments about ebay,

I do not care what a turd like you thinks.

and you are in the extreme minority opinion on that matter with most online book sellers.

Based on your extensive research, right?

Now I know why you get so much negative feedback - you're an asshole!