More bad collecting news: NYC

Old August 28th 15, 02:04 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
OldBob

Default More bad collecting news: NYC

On 3/11/2011 7:57 PM, J wrote:
Today, after work, I went down to Brooklyn to look at some bookshops.
I normally start this trip at Heights Books, which has not been in
Brooklyn Heights for two years, after their last home there was sold
for a considerable sum, and they were not invited to stay. They then
moved to Smith Street in Cobble Hill, though they kept their name.

This afternoon, however, the shop was utterly empty (no shelves, let
alone no books!), and a real estate banner covered their sign. There
was nothing in the window to indicate a new address. The website is
still up, but has no current information, and when you link through to
AbeBooks, you get the ominous message "This seller's inventory is
temporarily unavailable. Please try your search with another AbeBooks
Bookseller."

If anyone has any information, I hope they'll share it, but I assume
the worst...

One by one used book stores are slowly fading away...
Old August 29th 15, 12:45 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

On Friday, August 28, 2015 at 9:04:44 AM UTC-4, OldBob wrote:

One by one used book stores are slowly fading away...

Community Bookstore, in Brooklyn's Cobble Hill, is also on the way out:
http://gothamist.com/2015/08/14/cobb...nity_books.php

Bad collecting news: NYC J[_2_] Books 0 February 2nd 11 03:57 AM
Sports Collecting News Web Site [email protected] Football (US) 0 October 4th 06 06:42 AM
Sports Collecting News Web Site [email protected] Baseball 0 October 4th 06 06:39 AM
rec.collecting.phonecards, rec.collecting.pins, rec.collecting.postal-history, rec.collecting.villages, rec.collecting.vinyl YourTrafficBoost.com Paper Money 0 August 26th 06 05:00 AM
(~^^~) Bat collecting news today Dahoov2 Autographs 1 July 18th 03 02:27 AM