FAQ for this group?

Old August 4th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

Default FAQ for this group?

wrote:
On Aug 1, 3:46 pm, "Denise" wrote:

There isn't a FAQ for this newsgroup any longer. It has to be
published and no longer is since the link is dead. This means that
the group is now open for book sale ads, etc. to be posted.

False. Just look at the posts in this thread.

Francis A. Miniter
Old August 4th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.collecting.books
Francis A. Miniter[_2_]

anon wrote:
"Denise" wrote in message news:gnMkk.22$T91.17@trnddc04...
Hi,

I used to hang out here a lot but have been away for quite a while. I've
been linking to the RCB FAQ from my website, but just found the link is
dead.

Can anyone tell me where it's moved? I hope it's still around somewhere, as
I often have pointed folks to it for book care tips.

cheers!
Denise

--
Empty Mirror Books www.emptymirrorbooks.com

You can find a copy of the FAQ here, posted on one of the
"collecting banter" boards

http://www.collectingbanter.com/showthread.php?t=18036

The best thing would probably be to copy and paste it all into a document
for your own reference, which you could then keep.

The reason that this NewsGroup is to all intents and purpsoses dead is mainly
because of the foul-mouthed behaviour of the likes of RF.

Who for all his mealy mouthed excuses about Usenet being moribund -
which it isn't - can take satisfaction in the fact that if he's achieve
nothing else in his sad little life, he almost singlehandedly destroyed
one of the most useful NewsGroups on the UseNet. And this despite repeated
appeals by the founders of the NG to modify his behaviour.

Don't be so hard on RF. I have found that he has been
helpful and polite with me, perhaps, because that is the way
I treat him. Look at the recent discussion of "Crayon
Marks" and "Appraisal Questions".

Francis A. Miniter

Old August 12th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

On Aug 3, 4:46*pm, wrote:
On Aug 1, 3:46*pm, "Denise" wrote:

There isn't a FAQ for this newsgroup any longer. *It has to be
published and no longer is since the link is dead. *This means that
the group is now open for book sale ads, etc. to be posted.

Incorrect.

On Usenet, once published, always published.

Mike Berro used to post the FAQ monthly, so many copies are available.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.c...ab7d0b03bf0f37

Alice Voith
www.mywingsbooks.com
Old December 25th 14, 12:30 AM posted to rec.collecting.books
[email protected]

Fortunately for us we have the WayBackMachine [and let me vigorously encourage you to support it]
https://web.archive.org/web/20070218...om/~mikeb/rcb/

7 - 8 - 10 POSTS PER DAY--NICE GUY--why don't those of you who still have respect for the others on the group and for rules come join a moderated google baseball group krs4b Baseball 5 January 11th 07 01:49 PM
Hey... new to the group Thomas Coins 66 March 10th 04 06:17 AM
Hey... new to the group Mysch57 Coins 6 March 9th 04 02:29 AM
Third Reich Stamp Group. Was: THIRD REICH STAMPS GROUP Victor Manta General Discussion 2 November 16th 03 09:30 AM