My first non Michigan national banknote

Old September 12th 04, 03:27 PM
JSTONE9352

Default My first non Michigan national banknote

I bought my first non Michigan national bank note in the latest CAA
auction. I have been considering starting a collection of banknotes
from towns mentioned or made famous in songs and music. It might be the first
of its kind or maybe not, anyway I thought it would make for an interesting
collection. I bought a $5 national from Palisades Park, NJ. (made famous by
Freddy "boom boom" Cannon.

The notes won't necessarily be contemporary with the song, I think
that would be much more restrictive but of course it could be done
but then I would miss out on a lot.

Some are going to be next to impossible anyway. I'm not sure what
I'm going to do for Las Vegas ("Viva Las Vegas") since they had no national
banks that issued currency. There might be some merchant scrip but I fear it
might be extremely expensive.