Frank the Spammer has been NARUed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 28th 03, 12:03 AM
Wheeler

Frank Provasek wrote:

LOL
Arrogant ebay *indeed*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=frankcoins

link

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear campaigns for several
years. Just another tactic by the Frank-haters.

--
RARE COIN AUCTIONS NO MINIMUMS http://www.frankcoins.com
Ebay Powerseller FRANKCOINS Texas Auction License 11259
"a. linklurker" wrote in message

Frank. I am sorry to hear about what has happened to you. Is this
because of your last negative feedback? I noticed that you have 3
but they are spread out over such a time period that I can not see
this happening because of what I consider one negative feedback.

====================
Wheeler.... (Roscoe)
Old October 28th 03, 02:41 AM
Bruce Remick

Frank Provasek wrote:

LOL
Arrogant ebay *indeed*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=frankcoins

link

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear campaigns for several
years. Just another tactic by the Frank-haters.

I have casually followed the rcc threads in which you complain about
Ebay's spam policy. If I recall, YOU initiated each of these threads
and then participated in the ensuing give and take. If there was any
"newsgroup smear campaign", it certainly wasn't evident in rcc-- at
least to the rest of us. Sorry you feel that everyone is out to get
you.

Bruce
Old October 28th 03, 02:43 AM
Bob Peterson

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
.com...
LOL
Arrogant ebay *indeed*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=frankcoins

link

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear campaigns for several
years. Just another tactic by the Frank-haters.

Just how would a smear tactic on a Ng get yoiur narued"

Old October 28th 03, 02:56 AM
Stujoe

Bruce Remick spoke thusly...
If there was any
"newsgroup smear campaign", it certainly wasn't evident in rcc-- at
least to the rest of us.

Lord knows I kill off most of these threads but I think it has
originated outside this group and just spilled over into here (hence all
the cross posted stuff). I don't think this group is involved in much,
if any, of his newsgroup problems.

--
Stujoe
The Stujoe Collection: Coin Grading, News, Forums and more...
Old October 28th 03, 03:06 AM
a. linklurker

"Stujoe" wrote
Bruce Remick spoke thusly...
If there was any
"newsgroup smear campaign", it certainly wasn't evident in rcc-- at
least to the rest of us.

Lord knows I kill off most of these threads but I think it has
originated outside this group and just spilled over into here (hence all
the cross posted stuff). I don't think this group is involved in much,
if any, of his newsgroup problems.

It didn't just spill over into r.c.c. from a.m.o.e.

The OP appeared only in a.m.o.e.:
Frank Provasek x-posted his response to r.c.c.

Frank's not only an arrogant spammer, he's a troll, too.

Frank started the 'Arrogant Ebay' thread, and x-posted it in
a.m.o.e. and r.c.c., then, when the all of the embers in the flame-thread
had died down after several weeks, Frank rekindled the 'Arrogant Ebay' flames,
x-posting more drivel, accompanied by his overlong spam-sig.

If Frank's activities in either and/or both of these n.g.s earned him his NARU,
then he's completely brought it on himself.

link

Old October 28th 03, 03:16 AM
Frank Provasek

"a. linklurker" wrote in message

The lurkers *don't* support him in email.

link*lurker*

Actually I have received 7 very nice supportive emails, but the writers
just don't want to post public comments and get flamed here.

Old October 28th 03, 06:44 AM
a. linklurker

"Wildwood" wrote
"Frank Provasek" did it again:
"a. linklurker" wrote
The lurkers *don't* support him in email.
link*lurker*

Actually I have received 7 very nice supportive emails, but the writers
just don't want to post public comments and get flamed here.

Seven support e-mails that you cannot/will not produce vs how many
posters over the various threads who agreed that you were wrong?

Over 400 individual posters.
At least.
Minus seven lurkers.

You're in the wrong business. Claiming that the silent majority is on
your side with no proof to back it up is usually the domain of
politicians.
Bill

Let's all sing along:

The Lurkers Support Me in E-mail
(To the tune of "My Bonny lies over the ocean")
Lyrics: Jo Walton )

The lurkers support me in email
They all think I'm great don't you know.
You posters just don't understand me
But soon you will reap what you sow.

Lurkers, lurkers, lurkers support me, you'll see, you'll see
off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see.

Oh it's true, and you know they support me.
There's thousands of lurkers out there!
They all understand my intentions
you posters are not being fair!

Lurkers, lurkers, lurkers support me, you'll see, you'll see
off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see

The lurkers support me in email
"So why don't they post?" you all cry
They're scared of your hostile intentions
they're not as courageous as I.

Lurkers, lurkers, lurkers support me, you'll see, you'll see
off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see

One day I'll round up all my lurkers
we'll have a newsgroup of our own
without all this flak from you morons
my lurkers will post round my throne.

Old October 28th 03, 08:47 AM
RipCurl

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
.com...
LOL
Arrogant ebay *indeed*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=frankcoins

link

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear campaigns for several
years. Just another tactic by the Frank-haters.

stupid more than 4-line-sig snipped --- follow nettiquete moron. 4 lines
only for a sig

Hey you spammed, you were complained about to eBay.
How can "we" complain to eBay without evidence?
seems eBay had enough "evidence" to prove that you are indeed a spammer, a
rule breaker, and don't give a **** about their guidelines.

Old October 28th 03, 08:47 AM
RipCurl

"Bob Flaminio" wrote in message
Frank Provasek wrote:
LOL
Arrogant ebay *indeed*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=frankcoins

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear campaigns for several
years. Just another tactic by the Frank-haters.

Sorry to hear it, Frank. I've disagreed with you on many issues, but
interfering with one's business is abhorrent. I hope you take
appropriate legal action in this regard.

And what is he gonna do? Suck his thumb and cry?

Old October 28th 03, 08:50 AM
RipCurl

"Frank Provasek" wrote in message
.com...
"Bob Niland" wrote in message
news
Frank Provasek wrote:

I have been the victim of newsgroup smear
campaigns for several years. Just another
tactic by the Frank-haters.

It's always someone else's fault, isn't it.

But I recently asked two questions you have
yet to answer:

1. Why are you arguing for your spam policy
in newsgroups? What do you expect to
accomplish?

I was arguing against ebay's right to claim our customers as their
own, and their efforts to prohibit contact with customers I have had
for years just because we are both registered with ebay. These are
serious issues for independent businesses.

I use eBay not because I wanna be a customer of those who use it to sell
their items. IM NOT your customer. eBay only provides me with a way to meet
you "half-way". You have a product I want; eBay provides the venue for you
to sell me that item. YOU are the only customer of eBay as any other seller
on eBay is. If you dont like their rules that you agreed to when you signed
up, then YOU shouldn't be using eBay. YOu will find that Yahoo! , Amazon,
and Ubid.com have all similar TOS for their sellers; so your best bet is to
find a venue that suits your needs.

Guess what? Not much to choose from. Guess you'll have to start your own
site, where you can dictate your own rules and you can "spam" all the
"customers' you want.

2. What was the NARU for? If for spamming,
several of us did try to warn you. It is
not the newsgroup readership you need to
persuade - it is eBay.

No, it was not for spamming.

So says a spammer
Rule #1