Bank teller tells me that dollar bill WILL be replaced by Golden Dollar coin!

Old August 9th 05, 01:55 PM
shreadvector

http://www.sununu.senate.gov/pressap...56&&year=2005&

See if the link above works. It leads you to the press release from
Senator John Sununu (who also graduated from MIT).

-Fred Shecter
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQ...shreadv ector

Old August 10th 05, 03:43 AM
Jim Seymour

shreadvector wrote:
http://www.sununu.senate.gov/pressap...56&&year=2005&

See if the link above works. It leads you to the press release from
Senator John Sununu (who also graduated from MIT).

"upon termination of the program, all $1 coins will revert to the
Sacagawea design".

When first I read that, I imagined ten years worth of presidential
portraits magically morphing into Sacagawea. Better get them slabbed
before the design changes or else you'll never know what they were.

(I can see it now: eBay sellers offering complete "former presidential"
sets using ordinary Sacagawea dollars - and not the magically revereted
designs)

--
Jim Seymour
Old August 25th 05, 02:25 AM
Carleton

I read the bill thoroughly. It didn't say anything about keeping - nor
about getting rid of - the $1 bill. This will only work if that is
done. The $1 bill has served its time and now it's time for it to go.

Carleton

Old August 25th 05, 02:38 AM
Fred Shecter

Correct. Nothing in the bill that specifically orders the end of the FBI-RD.
It does call for reports on obstacles to the circulation of the dollar coins
and it calls for dollar coin use in all Federal Government facilities and
for placarding of vending machines so folks know they work in them.

Obviously one obstacle is the continued printing of the FBI-RD.

The bank teller who talked to me never said it was in the legislation. He
said that the Federal Reserve or Treasury folks who gave the banking folks
the breifing stated it as a done deal - a done deal with a long timetable.

We'll see how much support the flood of Presidential GDs generates for the
elimination of the FBI-RD. The first one will have GW on it.

--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply

oups.com...

Old August 25th 05, 02:44 AM
PC

"Fred Shecter" wrote in message
ink.net...

The first one will have GW on it

Damn! I mis-interpreted GW as GWB. Scared me for a second...

Old August 25th 05, 02:59 AM
Fred Shecter

Upper or lower level?

That's what I think of when I hear GWB.

Guess where I grew up.

Old August 25th 05, 04:41 AM
PC

"Fred Shecter" wrote in message
.net...
Upper or lower level?

That's what I think of when I hear GWB.

Guess where I grew up.

Fort Lee, NJ ?

Old August 25th 05, 01:40 PM
shreadvector

Anywhere in the tri-state area will do. Lawn Guyland.