Poor Alibris Service

Old December 6th 04, 12:48 AM
Joel DiGirolamo

Default Poor Alibris Service

I stopped into this newsgroup to find out more about Albris. I ordered
a book from them in August and received the book a few weeks later,
the day before I was to leave for a month. The book was not the
edition advertised and I sent an e-mail right away about returning it
and merely got an automated response. I sent another note in reply, to
the address in their automated reply. I heard nothing. When I got back
home I e-mailed them and was told - sorry, its too late to return it.
I e-mailed again and heard nothing.

My net - falsely advertised books and an unreasonable return policy.

I'll never buy from them again.

Joel
Old December 6th 04, 03:49 AM
William M. Klimon

"Joel DiGirolamo" wrote in message
om...

I stopped into this newsgroup to find out more about Albris. I ordered
a book from them in August and received the book a few weeks later,
the day before I was to leave for a month. The book was not the
edition advertised and I sent an e-mail right away about returning it
and merely got an automated response. I sent another note in reply, to
the address in their automated reply. I heard nothing. When I got back
home I e-mailed them and was told - sorry, its too late to return it.
I e-mailed again and heard nothing.

My net - falsely advertised books and an unreasonable return policy.

I'll never buy from them again.

Actually, I like their return policy. Just print out a label and send it
back:

http://www.alibris.com/policies/returns.cfm?S=R

William M. Klimon
http://www.catholicbookcollector.com

Old December 31st 04, 07:33 PM

I am getting similar (non) service from Alibris on a purchase with no
delivery after 30 days. All I get for a tracking inquiry is an
automated and useless response.
If our friend is happy to throw his money away, good luck.