ATB 5 Oz Numismatic version

Old May 9th 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
A. Nony Moose[_2_]

Default ATB 5 Oz Numismatic version

Rec'd mine today - lordy this thing is huge.
Sure doesn't look like any coin I ever saw!

Old May 10th 11, 01:02 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RAV

On 5/9/2011 6:09 PM, A. Nony Moose wrote:
Rec'd mine today - lordy this thing is huge.
Sure doesn't look like any coin I ever saw!

There appears to be a "privy mark" on the reverse, around 4:00 or so.
It looks like a small shield. Does anyone know anything about that?
Old May 10th 11, 03:07 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Benveniste

On 5/9/2011 8:02 PM, Rav wrote:

There appears to be a "privy mark" on the reverse, around 4:00 or so. It
looks like a small shield. Does anyone know anything about that?

I'm pretty sure it's a stylized version of the National Park Service logo.

http://www.nps.gov/training/abc/Images/Logo.png

--
Mike Benveniste -- (Clarification Required)
You don't have to sort of enhance reality. There is nothing
Old May 10th 11, 02:28 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RAV

On 5/9/2011 10:07 PM, Mike Benveniste wrote:
On 5/9/2011 8:02 PM, Rav wrote:

There appears to be a "privy mark" on the reverse, around 4:00 or so. It
looks like a small shield. Does anyone know anything about that?

I'm pretty sure it's a stylized version of the National Park Service logo.

http://www.nps.gov/training/abc/Images/Logo.png

I think you're right. Thanks.
Old May 10th 11, 03:14 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
A. Nony Moose[_2_]

On 5/9/2011 8:02 PM, Rav wrote:

There appears to be a "privy mark" on the reverse, around 4:00 or so. It
looks like a small shield. Does anyone know anything about that?

I'm pretty sure it's a stylized version of the National Park Service logo.

http://www.nps.gov/training/abc/Images/Logo.png

I think you're right. Thanks.

A close examination of the mark in question reveals to to be the NPS logo.
Don't know if it's on the real quarter or not, I'll have to dig out my 2010
proof set and take a look.

Old May 10th 11, 09:16 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
RAV

On 5/9/2011 8:02 PM, Rav wrote:

There appears to be a "privy mark" on the reverse, around 4:00 or so. It
looks like a small shield. Does anyone know anything about that?

I'm pretty sure it's a stylized version of the National Park Service logo.

http://www.nps.gov/training/abc/Images/Logo.png

I think you're right. Thanks.

A close examination of the mark in question reveals to to be the NPS logo.
Don't know if it's on the real quarter or not, I'll have to dig out my 2010
proof set and take a look.

Indeed it is (on the quarter). See:

http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/...cal=HotSprings

In the description, it says "The National Park Service emblem is
featured to the right of the door." I should have looked on the mint
web site to begin with.
Old May 11th 11, 03:21 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"A. Nony Moose" wrote in message
Rec'd mine today - lordy this thing is huge.
Sure doesn't look like any coin I ever saw!

I placed an order for one on a whim from the Mint's web page on 30 April
after reading how they expected to sell out on the 29th. I got an email
today that it has been shipped. Now I've got to pay for it.

Old May 11th 11, 04:13 AM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Mike Benveniste

On 5/10/2011 10:14 AM, A. Nony Moose wrote:

A close examination of the mark in question reveals to to be the NPS logo.
Don't know if it's on the real quarter or not, I'll have to dig out my 2010
proof set and take a look.

If the ones that came in my silver proof set are any indication, they
have the NPS arrowhead but without any inside detail.

Old May 11th 11, 12:25 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
A. Nony Moose[_2_]

"Bremick" wrote in message ...

"A. Nony Moose" wrote in message
Rec'd mine today - lordy this thing is huge.
Sure doesn't look like any coin I ever saw!

I placed an order for one on a whim from the Mint's web page on 30 April after
reading how they expected to sell out on the 29th. I got an email today that
it has been shipped. Now I've got to pay for it.

That's the down side ;-)
The upside is that if your "coin" is anything like the one I rec'd, it should
easily grade MS69 if not MS70.
I've closely examined mine and if there is anything keeping it from grading
MS70, I sure can't see it.

Old May 11th 11, 01:35 PM posted to rec.collecting.coins
Bremick

"Bremick" wrote in message

"A. Nony Moose" wrote in message
Rec'd mine today - lordy this thing is huge.
Sure doesn't look like any coin I ever saw!

I placed an order for one on a whim from the Mint's web page on 30 April
after reading how they expected to sell out on the 29th. I got an email
today that it has been shipped. Now I've got to pay for it.

That's the down side ;-)
The upside is that if your "coin" is anything like the one I rec'd, it
should easily grade MS69 if not MS70.
I've closely examined mine and if there is anything keeping it from
grading MS70, I sure can't see it.

That sounds like there may not be too much markup on TPG-graded MS70
examples over MS69 ones. I'll just be happy with whatever I receive as a
bullion piece, without spending extra to have it graded. I don't plan on
buying any more of them.

A good deal..below spot...on ATB Bullion... MKW Coins 1 April 17th 11 11:07 AM
ATB Silver Bullion Coins? MKW Coins 4 April 8th 11 10:05 PM
FYI: ATB Dave Farmer[_2_] Coins 2 March 26th 11 02:36 AM
Our Least Numismatic Numismatic Items? Mike Marotta Coins 3 June 25th 09 12:21 PM
New cjoint version Blair (TC) General Discussion 1 March 26th 08 11:43 PM